GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

321 results found

1. It would make things go much faster if we could select batch, create document, then select the merge file we want. This way all the summary pages for the board book could be generated at once rather than doing this task repeatedly one at a time, separately, for each application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Merge Docs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We would currently love if SLM could be synced to CSuite in a way that we could pull Scholarship Fund information into forms and merge templates. i.e. Scholarship Name, Scholarship Description, etc. Or at least have the ability to store scholarship fund information with SLM.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

01/03/2024: Scholarships: Created a new endpoint for SLM integrated sites to allow for Scholarship Ids to be displayed in SLM. This will allow the CSuite Scholarships to display in SLM as a list.  Any updates to scholarship names, new scholarships, or removed scholarships in CSuite will be updated in SLM.  This will allow SLM users to set the CSuite Scholarship id on the scholarship opportunity before syncing to CSuite. If the Scholarship award is linked with a Scholarship selected from SLM, CSuite users will not have to Set Scholarship for the awards.  Once the scholarship is synced,  CSuite becomes the system of record.

3. When a new grant applicant creates a new account in GLM, they get an error message if they don't enter the phone number in the correct form. If there's a required format - in this case ###-###-#### that example should be shown next to the label Phone Number like it is for the EIN field.

Having a error message pop up when you haven't told someone there's a required format is rude and not the welcoming experience we want for our grantees. This is a simple and quick fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently you can run a report based on the following: Owner race, ethnicity, DOB, gender...

We would love to be able to also add "owner country of origin" in the reportable data fields. It doesn't seem like this would be too difficult to do since the other fields are already there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SLM/Scholarship Processing:

The way our current universal application functions is that when we go in to award scholarships to our students, we have to find their application for that specific scholarship opportunity. From there, we can award x amount of money to that student, from that fund.

This can be tedious and can cause the system to load slowly, as we have over 4000 applications loading at a time, one for each scholarship opportunity match.

I would love it if we could implement something like a dropdown or similar feature, where I can select a student and then assign them…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

With our January 2024 Release we implemented a new workflow to add the scholarship fund on the opportunity so that it moves forward when syncing to communitysuite. We hope this helps streamline your workflow and encourage you to create a new idea lab item with additional items.

best

sammie

6. For Scholarships I print a report for each opportunity with many data fields and sorted by score. The text is pretty small, even after I eliminate several unneccesary columns. It would be nice to have the option to print the PDF as landscape so that the print could be a bit larger. I realize you can export to excel but the PDF saves me a lot of time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Our team would like to be alerted when a new organization is created in GLM. This would give us a heads up on organizations that may apply in the future.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd like to confirm that table fields will sync when I copy forward my current process. I've added tables to several processes and need to combine the similar fields in reports today. When we copy our current process forward, I hope the table fields will automatically sync in reporting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We're from a small community, and we often have individuals who volunteer with multiple organizations. It would be helpful if we could assign one user in GLM to multiple organizations.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our February 2024 Release we have implemented an admin workflow to associated users with multiple organization.  You can learn more about this release here: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/20894342820759

In a spirit of continuous improvement we will continue to evolve this feature and thank you for partnership. To provide feedback on this implementation and suggest next steps please reach out to our product team or post a new idea. 

-The Foundant Team

10. When an organization is created, it would be helpful if there is a way to set up a notification to specified administrators so we know to verify and check that the information entered matches what the IRS shows. This could be accomplished either by adding a BCC field on the system email templates or it could be accomplished by adding the option to the admin notification options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be helpful to be able to see all applications and follow-up forms tied to a process.

Right now when I'm looking up all applications for each process I have to remember who applied, then go to their organization's profile.

If applications and follow-up forms were tied to a process, it would be easier to look up who applied for what "cycle."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Self explanatory, would remove the constant hassle of having to open the file and Save as .xlsx

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to send reminder emails to students who have open applications to submit them before the deadline. Ideally - include an option for a 2-week and 1-week reminder to be sent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice if a user could be easily registered under more than one organization, using the same log in credentials to enter the grant management system. Hey, a girl can dream! :) Thank you!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our February 2024 Release we have implemented an admin workflow to associated users with multiple organization.  You can learn more about this release here: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/20894342820759

In a spirit of continuous improvement we will continue to evolve this feature and thank you for partnership. To provide feedback on this implementation and suggest next steps please reach out to our product team or post a new idea.

-The Foundant Team

15. It would be helpful for administrators to receive a notification when a user makes a change, such as address, phone, etc. in both GLM and SLM, but especially SLM. Sometimes different systems are used for communications, etc. and we can't make those updates if we aren't aware of changes made by users.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello!

For resume sections, it would be helpful if applicants could also adjust the color, font select, or size of their type. Rich text is helpful, but there are certain limitations.

I know there are downsides for color - such as a student selecting a hard to read color, but maybe offer darker colors that are easier to use, but still enhances the application.

Perhaps in the future, admin can have the ability to choose what type of rich text features are allowed in a question/section? I do know that is more automatic type of functionality however.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have just bumped into GLM's limitation for increasing a grant amount after installments have been paid, even though follow-ups are pending and the grant isn't closed. I searched for other posts on this topic and fund several that had all be archived for lack of votes. Our Community Foundation needs the ability to increase award amounts because when we do not initially fund a proposal in full, we often talk to our donors about helping bridge the gap. For reporting on grant activity and outcomes, it's important that these "follow-on" grants are linked to the same request. There are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10/4/2023: Grants: Enhanced the look of the Grant Catalog by adding tabs: Details, Grantees, Content.  This will allow for better organization of the fields within a grant Catalog.  The header box will be a quick reference point for the Catalog ID, Request Dates, Catalog Dates, and the Funding Goal.

From the Details tab, users will find the detail options and settings, grant categories, and the reporting for the Grant Catalog.  Added the functionality for Grant Catalogs to allow for a Nonprofit to receive a donation amount over the Requested amount. This new option is a checkbox on the Grant Catalog Details tab, Allow Overfund Grants.    Once the grant has been fully funded, it will move from the Unfunded Bucket to the New Bucket.

Grantees Tab will be house all of the Grantees information.  On the left hand menu, users will find a new options to Invite Grantees to the Grant…

18. Hear me out.... an automatic email message that is sent out to all applicants who are in the draft stage, as a reminder to complete their application for the grant cycle that is ending. "Dear applicant, you currently have an application for the (insert grant cycle name) grant cycle in draft. Don't forget that the application deadline is tomorrow (insert date). We look forward to receiving your application."

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of our February 2024 Release you can  now create an automated deadline reminder email for all form types. 

We thank  you for feedback and partnership as we continue to evolve GLM/SLM. If you have feedback on this functionality please reach out or create a new idea. 

The Foundant Team

19. I like to check and see how many applicants are currently active for a scholarship application. I go to users and the only way I see to find that number is to scroll down to the bottom of the page after doing a search for active applicants. Am I missing something? Can you put that count at the top of the list? Or on the dashboard?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We utilize the universe for the majority of our scholarship applications. We have an issue with scholarships that don't receive any applications and then have to build a stand-alone process to extend the deadline for those scholarships. It typically happens in the first year of a new scholarship. It would be nice if we could extend the deadline for specific opportunities. Also being able to delete or turn off an opportunity would be a great option.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?