Skip to content

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1224 results found

1. Different Confirmation for Applications and Follow up Forms

There is only one Confirmation that goes out to Applicants when application is submitted and when follow-up forms are submitted. The standard language for the application is great but does not apply to the follow up form. It would be nice to have 2 options, so we do not have to have Foundant change it for us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your time in the idea lab. 

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

2. Default documents sent through DocuSign integration to "Show Applicant this document"

I'm loving the DocuSign integration! One thing that would make it work even better is if it would default to show the document to the applicant in the Documents tab. Right now we must manually set that for every grant agreement in GLM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

3. Add numbers on Request Summary Tabs to show how many Follow Ups, Documents, Comments there are

Add parenthetical numbers to the tabs on the Request Summary Page to show how many Follow Ups, Documents, Comments, etc. Like how it is on the workflow pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

4. Include custom fields from Installment form in generated merge fields document

I have a custom field that I added to our Installment form, "Source of funds", to indicate whether to pay the installment from our checking account or our DAF. All other forms that can be customized have the custom fields included when I Generate Merge Fields from the Merge Templates page, but not so for the Installment form. Can you add that to the merge fields document?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

5. Allow copying for CSuite processes

We use GLM to code every donor advised grant using our extensive taxonomy. As we generate these grants in CSuite, it would be great to be able to Allow Copying for CSuite processes as this would cut down significant time the team is spending manually entering data.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

6. Add Resources button to toolbar in Applicant view

We often get questions about what financials and other documentation will be expected of the applicant, and gathering these materials is often the most time-consuming part of the application process. We include this information on our website, but this makes our website less streamlined and requires applicants to leave GLM. Because of this, I think it would be helpful to add a Resources section alongside the Apply and Organization History buttons. Here, the applicant could preview and download requested attachments in advance of that stage in the application process. In speaking with Foundant, I understand this toolbar is hardcoded, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

7. administrator comments

LOI / Part one of our application, we use the administrator comments section to ask further questions, it would be helpful if our grantees could go in and answer those questions within the comment box, so we don't have to put their part 1/ LOI back into draft mode for them to answer the questions. Is there a way to make this happen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

8. Customize process stage names and request statuses

Customize process stage names and request statuses – I want to be able to change the name of the process stages (like LOI) and the request statuses so that they align with our internal terminology.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

9. Using Integers in the Label Column for Reporting Charts

I recently bumped into an issue where I could not use the field I wanted as a label column for a report chart. I wanted to create a chart that shows the amount we've given for each individual year, and I could not use the year as a label in the chart because it is an integer-specific field. I would love the ability for integer fields to be chosen as label columns in reporting graphs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

10. Legislative Districting

This recently came across a list serv. I'm wondering if there is a solution in GLM??

Hey all --- I assume all of us track grantees’ state House and Senate district numbers for various purposes, and have to deal with how to keep those numbers updated during redistricting processes when many numbers change. Ohio has various online sites that allow users to manually plug in their address and then return the corresponding district numbers; that’s what folks are directed to use now in completing our materials and identifying what districts they come from. But we’d love to cut out the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

11. More email merge field options

Allow for more merge fields in email templates. Or have a few generic fields that we can enter data into that are available for merge.

We communicate out a variety of factors that are applicant specific, i.e. the request amount the applicant should come in at, and we lose the ability to batch for most of our processes since we can't merge fields that are critical to our processes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

12. SLM- Sorting Drafted applications based on creation date

I have only a certain criteria of students part of the universal application that I want to extend their deadlines. I don't have their names and cannot obtain from schools under the school's policy. I planned on determining who these students were based on the date they started the application, but this data is nowhere on SLM. So now I have no idea who the extension was for and will not send an email to complete the application to 700+ students when I know there is less than 30.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

13. Editing/Saving an email template

When we save an email, post save sends us back to the whole list of email templates. Could we please stay on the email we were working on? I want to see the edits I've made and confirm I'm good with them. As it stands, I end up back on my getting longer list of emails and have to search again for the one I was working on...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

14. 3rd Party Submission Logic

In the instances where one request has multiple 3rd party sections assigned to the same person (ie. counselor asked to submit both a Transcript and a Letter of Recommendation), the submission logic prevents access to the second section if the first is submitted. In these cases, the 3rd party can't submit their LOR if they've already submitted the Transcript for that student. Additionally, this will inaccurately display that both uploads have been submitted since they are tied together, even when only one file has been uploaded.

Ideally, it would be nice if the two 3rd Party sections operated separately so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

15. Report on Grants Manager assignment

As admins, we often run reports on due dates and deadlines and need to know which Program Officer we need to follow up with. Right now we are using the Org Description as a makeshift space to enter a program officer's name. Since Grants Managers can be assigned to applications, it would be great to pull that link into the reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

16. Have both Admin and Grants Manager roles

We are a small team where people wear several different hats. As only Grants Managers can be assigned to processes and specific applications, it would be great if a user can be both an Admin and a Grants Manager. I not only manage and configure our processes but I also have a portfolio of grants that I manage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

17. fund name from installments as merge field

Allow us to pull in the "fund name" from installments into emails. This would allow us to inform the grantees of the funds funding their grants.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

18. Move processes turned off to another collapsible menu

We have many processes while only 5 or so are toggled on at a time. The others are either not ready to be archived, or not ready to be toggled on. It would clean up the page to have a third collapsable menu with all the processes that are inactive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

19. Approval Draft and follow up forms

Can the approval draft allow funders to add payments and follow ups and then once approved officially by board it is just a one click and the grant goes forward?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

20. Applicant using same email for Executive Officer

Users are able to create a GLM account using the same email address for their account and their executive officer. For example, ABC Org created an account with abcorg@gmail.com as their username. They then answered ‘No’ to the Executive Officer question and entered the same email address for the Executive Officer. Now when attempting to update any information for either of the contacts, it isn’t allowed because the system is seeing it as a duplicate.

A user should be restricted from using the same email address for their username and the executive officer when they are creating a new account.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base