GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

645 results found

1. Is there a place to enter the check payment address? If not how have others worked around it.

posted February 28, 2012 by Kyle Castronova, OMeGA

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. (Suggested by fellow grants staff Trudy Wild)

Currently there is an attractive summary of all panelist scores and comments (Dashboard / Application Evaluation Open / Summary) - but only staff can access this (Our evaluations are anonymous and un-shared). This is available per application, with questions down the left hand side and staff evaluator names across the top.

We'd like for a single staff evaluator to be able to view his own summary. This should encompass all applications in one view - with questions down the left hand side and applicant organization names across the top.

posted September 16, 2013…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reviewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We conduct two rounds of evaluations on every grant application. After the first round we provide the results to the second group of people evaluating. Finally, at our board meeting we provide the results from both rounds of evaluations.

We currently provide these to our evaluators through a fairly complicated merge document that we process after each evaluation. We were hoping that you all could create a report for all evaluations done, as well as a nicely laid out print packet of whichever evaluations were needed.

Additionally, we have our second round evaluators check a yes, no or maybe box…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to have an optional Evaluation stage to Follow-up forms would be helpful for some clients. The genesis for this idea came from an earlier discussion area post. Please use this post for any further comments.

Let the conversation begin! Thank you,

-raymond

Here is the original post:

I am a new Foundant user. Prior to using the Foundant system, when a grantee mailed us a grant report, our two staff members would review it (especially the employee who was "in charge" of a particular grant), then we would copy it and enclose it in the (snail-mailed) docket for…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Proposed Idea  ·  57 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Many times a non-profit changes its organization's name or does business under another name other than their legal name. It would be very helpful if the GLM system had a field called "DBA or AKA" in which you could enter other names by which the organization is known. In GLM, our foundation lists an organization according to their legal name and we try to stick to that for consistency for entering organizations names in their GLM record. The legal name may be longer or cumbersome and the organization ends up going by a shorter name or acronym which people know…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We often give to organizations who in turn fund other individuals (actual grant recipient) in separate locations. It would be great if we could have both the general organization info as well as a place for contact info for individual recipient. Sometimes, we even give to one organization with multiple grants, each eventually funding different individuals around the world. I am somewhat new to this so I may be missing something...

Idea posted June 15, 2011 by Amity Wicks, Rivendell Stewards Trust

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would love to be able to break up long applications into tabbed sections or, better yet, separate pages. The ability to add section breaks and group questions that came with GLM 2.0 helps. But I still think it would be easier for grant seekers to navigate long applications if questions were organized on different pages.

Survey Moneky has a nice interface for organizing questions in multiple page surveys. Their interface doesn't allow users to select pages by clicking on a tab, which is what I would love to see, but it does allow users to flip between pages that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be really handy if we could insert a hyperlink in an email to allow an applicant to be taken directly to their sign on page from the email. Example, if an automatic email goes out that an LOI has been approved and they can now go in to complete an application, it would be nice if they could access that link to the sign on page directly from the email.

Thanks.

Lynn Larson - Allegretti Foundation

posted February 1, 2012 by Lynn Larson, Fred and Jean Allegretti Foundation

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I searched and didn't see this in the idea archive. We receive a lot of compliants about character count. I am guessing character count gives you a better estimate of space needed but folks are accustomed to using word count for other applications. I think word count is the norm.

Idea posted June 20, 2013 by Erin Baird, Allegany Franciscan Ministries

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When Board members view grants under Application Evaluation (Board Member), the grants come up in columns: Process, Organization, Applicant, Project, Score Status. Would it be possible to add a column for "Requested Amount?" Our Board members would like to be able to sort the grants by the amount of money being requested. In this way, they can quickly find the grants requesting larger amounts of money and review them first; giving them a higher priority. This would speed up their review process. Thank you.

Idea posted January 15, 2013 by Deb Engel, Siebert Lutheran Foundation

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. First, thank you for creating the Shared Documents feature. We are excited to post pertinent docs for Board sharing there.

As a compliment to that feature, it would be fantastic if you could create a calendar feature whereby we could post dates, times and call-in info for board meetings, and relevant internal Board and Staff dates that pertain to our grants processes (application deadlines, etc.).

Thanks

Idea posted July 1, 2013 by Carmen Wong, International Philanthropy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi all,

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I am new to the community but did a couple of searches.

Anyway, one thing that would really help me out is if I could import data in bulk from Excel (either a .xls or .csv, doesn't really matter) to the GLM. Two specific things I would use this for:

-Adding or updating info within organization profiles (many of them didn't put in their websites, for ex)

-Inputting data when I'm approving a bunch of grants (the grant $ amount / installments, some report fields we use for internal coding, etc.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi Chris,

We're enjoying the comment field enhancement within the application - great update! In fact, we're enjoying it so much, we're wondering if there's any talk of having this enhancement extended to the evaluators as well? We'd love it if our evaluators could make comments within the application while they're doing their review work. This would serve as a useful tool when we're on our committee conference calls and during site visits.

Thanks for your consideration.

Idea posted July 30, 2013 by Kristen Cullen, Carolyn Foundation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Reviewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. From what I can tell, applicants are unable to delete application drafts. I realize as admin we can delete drafts but I am wondering if applicants would delete drafts is they were able to. We have many draft applications that seem to be abandoned. I was going to make a practice of deleting draft applications once a year so they don't pile up. I wonder what other do

Idea posted April 18, 2012 by Erin Baird, Allegany Franciscan Ministries

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Thank you for being willing to receive suggestions in this forum. You are brave folks and unique.

Increasingly most grantee correspondence takes place via email or telephone. Might it be possible to have email more strongly integrated into the Foundant GLM? It would be especially helpful if emails that we generate in the system could be saved with each specific grant - along with the grantee's email responses back to us. Maybe there could be a way the grantee can initiate an email to us - through Foundant? Copying and pasting Subject lines and message texts into the "Comments" section…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback Needed  ·  3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Could we please see the name of the Process in the Draft Follow-Ups table? It would make reviewing the status of numerous upcoming Follow-Ups much easier. Might it be listed instead of the Form Name? Thanks for your help.

Kathryn

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How about adding a progress bar to the top of the screen on the application forms so that applicants can see their progress? ...like in online surveys. I think this would be helpful. This could also be included when creating a new account. Personally, I feel more motivated to complete online forms when I see progress being made.

Idea posted May 3, 2013 by Erin Baird, Allegany Franciscan Ministries

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great if an accounting/checkwriting software could be incorporated or integrated with GLM. To be able to award a grant and then have the amount merged with something like Quickbooks so that checks can then be generated would be a real time saver. At the present time, this is the only part of our grant process which must be done outside of GLM.

Thanks!

Idea posted November 29, 2011 by Nancy Bonenberger, Genuardi Family Foundation

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be helpful if there were also a "Save as Draft" button at the top, in addition to the one at the bottom, of grant applications, etc. Or at least a message somewhere near the Question Legend icon at the top informing users that they need to regularly save and the button to do this is at the bottom of the page.

Idea posted May 21, 2013 by Dee Ann Harris, Leightman Maxey Foundation

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be great to have a few customizable options before a report prints to PDF. Among those: 1) TITLE: currently prints with the root data set (ie COMMITMENTS): can it at least print with the REPORT NAME as the title, or, even better, with a customizable header? 2) LANDSCAPE v PORTRAIT 3) Color Scheme: Even a set of 8 different color schemes could be really helpful to not have to re-format before, for instance, a board meeting. The grey is ok, but being able to pick the foundation colors / more presentable gradients would be great. 4) Margins /…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?