Skip to content

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2053 results found

1. Email not template Saved Signature

While we can design an email template with an automatic signature, could we do the same for emails that are not a Template, maybe saving the complete signature in some other fashion

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Tickle list or reminder list in Comments

I have some students that I am wanting to get back to me with certain documents etc. I make notes in Comments if they e.g. have a valid reason not to make the deadline etc. Is it possible to identify a future date where I will be triggered to go review this student. It would be lovely if it was a date maybe embedded in Comments area or indeed it could be a report - maybe there is already a report?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. notification days

I would like to have the ability set 2 follow-up Notification Days. One, for a 14-day reminder and another for a 7-day reminder

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Applicant's dashboard - requests should be supported by Date

The sort order of requests that an applicant sees on their dashboard (under both the Active and Historical Requests tabs) should be by a date field, either the date the first form was submitted (either LOI or Application), or by the Decision date. It apparently (per Joe Spence on the Support desk) is currently sorted by the import date, which has no meaning to an applicant. When I as an admin look at requests for an Organization, they are sorted by decision date, which would work well for applicants as well. If you need an example of the currently wonky…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Late Application Submissions

To allow a user to create and submit an application that wasn't drafted before the deadline, I have to turn the process back on, go in as the user and start a draft, turn the process back off, make sure the user still has a date due extension. Would it be possible to do this without turning the process on and off again? It's hard to remember to turn it back off again when we've got so many other demands of our time going on.

In a nutshell, what we're trying to solve for is not turning a process on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Forward emails from outside of Foundant into the System

Allow "forwarding" emails to each organization file within Foundant. Our lives would be so much easier if we could forward emails from several places into an organization's "file" to keep the history all in one place.
    In Evernote, they give an email address, customized to me, that allows me to forward any email/file into Evernote and then tag it within Evernote. Years ago, in Basecamp, they had an email address for each "project" we would set up. If you all could figure this one out and add it as an option, we would truly be able to have EVERYTHING in…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pending Deadlines

It would be very helpful if, on the applicant side of the dashboard, that urgent items/impending due dates could be big/red/or listed at the top of each process.
    We consistently run into grantees not being able to find their final grant report/follow up forms that are due on their dashboard because it's listed at the bottom and not called to attention in any real way.

Also, many grantees never see the edit button to the far right because there's a large white space after the text, so they assume there's no more information and don't realize that the full page…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. State of California Franchise Tax Board

I would love to see a subtab under the GuideStar Charity Check for the State of California Franchise Tax Board Revoked exempt organizations list.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/business/types/charities-nonprofits/revoked-entity-list.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Email HTML Code in Comment Fields

Would it be possible to allow HTML code to be included in Comment Boxes as valid characters? When I save external email threads as copied and pasted email from outlook, it copies the HTML code < and > in front of and end of the email address. I always get the error HTML tags are not allowed and have to manually go in and remove at least one of the HTML symbols to save the comment. Not the end of the world, but slows me down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Draft save of GLM emails

When the system times out when creating a GLM email you lose all the text you were working on. Just happened to me again lol! It would be fantastic if there was a draft save of the email so this work does not get lost.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Guidestar Data

Is there any way we can upload the Guidestar Charity Check to the Organization Documents as easily as we do the Past Funders and General Information? This would be a nice feature. I'm always having to save it as a pdf and then upload it from my documents. One less step if we could do it like the others. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restructure User/Organization Accounts

The Collaborator tool is definitely a step in the right direction, so thank you for that. However, perhaps you should consider completely reconfiguring how you handle user accounts. A more user-friendly and versatile structure would be for an organization to create an account for the organization and then have users associated with that organization. Each organization would have an admin that would approve user roles within the organization. In this way, all users within an org could access the organization's account (subject to the permissions set by the admin) and work on or see other requests/grant/reports. The current structure presents…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Simplify Endowment Reporting

It would be great if there would be a way that I can link the forms update everyone who is an endowment reportee for multiple processes all at once so that I don't have to mannually do it per process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make internal follow ups assigned visible on applicant dashboard

We just started using internal follow-up assignments for our staff to complete verbal reports with grant partners. I noticed that the internal assignment is not visible on the applicant dashboard, only those that are assigned externally to the org. contacts. It would be super helpful if ALL reports assigned for the grant regardless of internal or not were visible on the dashboard so there are no surprises for the grant partners and they have a true, full picture of all the reporting dates scheduled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multi Factor Authentication

Though personally I feel it to be a pain, I think it would be beneficial to implement or make multi factor authentication an option. With recent ransomware attacks, including JBS which is just a mile from our office, we owe it to our applicants to protect their information , as well as our own.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add how many evaluations have been completed by each evaluator under evaluation assignments.

It would be nice to be able to see how many evaluations have been completed by each evaluator under the evaluation assignments section, so we can know which evaluators are still missing reviews. Currently you are able to see which applications are missing reviews, and you have to go into the individual application to see which evaluators are the ones that haven't completed their evaluation.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Summary report for individual reviewers

Would like to ability to generate a report for each individual evaluator so that they have a summary of their scores, comments & recommended amounts, so that they can reference it during grant discussion meetings. Currently, there is no report builder field to check to called "Evaluator" or "Reviewer."

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All, 

Today in reporting you could get part way to this report by adding the Submission Assignee Fields. You would then group by this field and have on report for all evaluators that could filter on.

However, leaving this in feedback needed because there are definitely ways we can look at streamlining this functionality with or without reporting.

-The foundant team

18. reconciliation

Every month, we reconcile our records between Foundant and our accounting software. While this isn't a problem with monetary grants, we find it very difficult to keep track of which payments for in-kind donations of goods have been reconciled each month. Especially since we operate under accrual accounting. We purchase a ton of goods and products for grantees and pantry partners each month.

It would be really great if there was a way to flag payments as reconciled - especially on the Payment Tracking page. Just like you can add payments to installations, if I could also look at past…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Different automatic email for Universe submission than Opportunity submission

I would like to see a unique automatic email that is sent after the applicant submits their Universe. I want it to be 100% clear to students that they still have more work to do. I've detailed the additional steps in parts of my Universe, but I think the unique email would really drive the message home.
    I'm thinking it could be super simple, like this:

Dear {{Applicant.FirstName}},

Congratulations, your "Universal" scholarship application for {{Process.Name}} has been successfully submitted on {{Submission.InitialSubmitDate}}. Now you should know which individual scholarship opportunities you qualify for, and you can complete any Supplemental Questions for…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Batch document download

We often need to pull request documents from applications in bulk. It would save time if this could be done in a batch, via Reports or other method (the template for the new batch process for payments comes to mind but exporting Request Documents is doubtless much more involved).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base