CommunitySuite Idea Lab

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. IRA Gift Tax Receipt Letters - Salutation & Envelopes

When processing IRAs or charitable bank gifts, while we can now get the address on the tax receipt letter to populate as the Donor Advisor instead of the "donor"/Bank - I am still having issues with the salutation being the Banks/"donors" name and not the Donor Advisor, even when I populate this field to "John Smith".
    Then, when I print envelopes, no matter what I do, the envelope will print with only the Bank/"donors" address. I have to go in separately and print an envelope from each personal profile since I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For yearly tax receipts, allow the fund Public Name to be an available template merge field. Given that the receipt is a public facing document, the fund public name should be able to be used rather than the internal name which may include internal language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since the ability to archive templates isn't an option, it would be helpful if you could change a template to Advanced.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The bulk year-end print results process in a random order and there isn't a way to print envelopes in that same random order. Solution suggested by chat was to print envelopes in alpha order and then find them, since they'll at least be easier to find in alpha order, to compile the mailing. Please fix this!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Alert: Online Donation Receipts Merge INCORRECT DONOR INFO

If a donor with an existing CSuite profile enters new contact information while making an online gift, CSuite will port that information into their profile before emailing a tax receipt. However, the tax receipt is merged using the primary contact information, NOT the new info the donor has just shared. This is true for both the mailing address and the email address.

Example: Joe and Jane have an existing household profile; Joe’s email is marked as primary. For Joe’s birthday, Jane makes an online gift to a fund they love. She enters…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are times when a tax recpt/ty template used for a donation may need a tweak or personalization for various reasons. However, if we do that, we then don't have what we actually sent the donor on the particular donation record bc we downloaded the letter at made the edits in word. Unless we then save and upload to have the proof. PITA. Please please put an editor/template creator in the software so we can have everything we do in one place!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Guest information fields should be available to the the event ticket receipt template. This is especially important when offering multi-unit tickets so that ticket holders can have record of which guests were included in the ticket.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We do a summary tax letter for our donors that show all donations made in a calendar year for every donor. I can easily export the letter listing all the donations in bulk. But I am not able to export the corresponding envelope in the same order. So I have to run two separate exports. And neither match up. I can't figure out the order of the way these are exporting. This should be an option with the yearly tax receipt. It is not efficient to spend that much time sorting envelopes to match correctly with letters

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We generate scholarship letters to both the school receiving the funds and to the students receiving the scholarship so they can send a thank-you to the donor making their scholarship available. The fields available to pull for scholarship letters do not include the fund contacts/donors of the scholarship, nor the name and address of the student receiving the scholarship, nor the student's name in First/Last order (only the Last/First order.) We created custom profile fields to pull out information that Foundant already has, but it is a cumbersome process. Can the fields/information available for the scholarship letters be reviewed to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, there does not appear to be a way for C-Suite to generate information in a tax receipt that includes confirmation of the set up of a recurring gift if a donor sets this up online. So, there is no communication generated to the donor thanking them for their recurring gift. Instead, they only receive the standard email/tax receipt acknowledging the current gift.

If we wanted to send a communication to our donors acknowledging the details of the recurring gift (how often, amount, end date etc.), we would have to send emails manually. I am concerned about the extra steps…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently there is no merge field in templates for Donation Advisor, versus Donor Name. For advised donations, it would be helpful to have a template that includes the fields for the advisor instead of the technical "donor." For example, Schwab Charitable may be the source of the donation check, but John Smith was the advisor for that donation. We don't want to thank Schwab; we want to thank John Smith. Right now, we must edit the thank you and it would be great if we could automate this process.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The salutation field for many of our donations is populating with the donor's first and last name (Dear Jim Smith). This appears to be primarily online donations through Stripe. When a new profile is created and it does not have a salutation, the system pulls the entire name (first last) into the salutation field. We would prefer to have just the first name. This could be achieved by allowing the use of the first name field in a template, or by giving the option to automatically populate the salutation field with just the donor's first name.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, when a donor adds a donation description to a Stripe donation it is housed as a note. It would be nice if the description was plugged into the "Description" field (currently description is "Online Donation") so the Fund Advisor can see all donation designations from the portal, and the tax receipt pulls the donation description field

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?