Skip to content

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

122 results found

1. Integrate budget into application

We often ask grant applicants to include a copy of their budget. It would be helpful if a budget form could actually be included in the application process, rather than as just a separate file upload.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allowing a user to be a contact on more than one organization profile.

Allow a user to be a contact on more than one organization profile without having the need for a different or unique email for each account.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our February 2024 Release we have implemented an admin workflow to associated users with multiple organization.  You can learn more about this release here: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/20894342820759

In a spirit of continuous improvement we will continue to evolve this feature and thank you for partnership. To provide feedback on this implementation and suggest next steps please reach out to our product team or post a new idea.

-The Foundant Team

3. Docusign integration

As a result of COVID19, we have decided to use Docusign to get our Grant Agreements signed and returned to us. I notice other systems have an integration with Docusign. Is this on the radar for Foundant?

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One User Under Multiple Organizations

We're from a small community, and we often have individuals who volunteer with multiple organizations. It would be helpful if we could assign one user in GLM to multiple organizations.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our February 2024 Release we have implemented an admin workflow to associated users with multiple organization.  You can learn more about this release here: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/20894342820759

In a spirit of continuous improvement we will continue to evolve this feature and thank you for partnership. To provide feedback on this implementation and suggest next steps please reach out to our product team or post a new idea. 

-The Foundant Team

5. Batch Print

I would love an option to batch print every application in each process. Currently I need to go in to each application and open the PDF to print. Would be nice to be able to select all and print.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Batch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

As of today, May 4th 2022, we released our first version of batch print/download

There are two ways to use this functionality:

1. From applicant facing forms work load pages (LOI, Applications, and Follow Ups) you will now have the option to Batch Print the print packet.

2. From request & decisions you can now create PDFs of the documents in a single large doc or into a zipped file.

To learn more about this functionality go to support hub and search "Print" or "Download"

If you have additional thoughts on how to improve this functionality please create a new idea lab item or reach out to me directly.

Best

Sammie

6. Email reminder of deadline for applicants in draft stage

Hear me out.... an automatic email message that is sent out to all applicants who are in the draft stage, as a reminder to complete their application for the grant cycle that is ending. "Dear applicant, you currently have an application for the (insert grant cycle name) grant cycle in draft. Don't forget that the application deadline is tomorrow (insert date). We look forward to receiving your application."

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of our February 2024 Release you can  now create an automated deadline reminder email for all form types. 

We thank  you for feedback and partnership as we continue to evolve GLM/SLM. If you have feedback on this functionality please reach out or create a new idea. 

The Foundant Team

7. Question Fields: Ability to make Charts/Tables/Grids

It would be a great tool to have in the application, review and reporting stages to have the ability to create tables for grantees to fill out (text fields, not necessarily complex budget tables (But Budget tables would also be appreciated ;) )

Although I understand the background work to make this happen is difficult, I think it would be a very strong and well used feature.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Batch assign follow ups?

How about batch assigning follow ups? Otherwise I have go into each approved grant and assign follow ups on an individual basis, when all of the follow ups for that cycle are due the same date.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Exciting news, our first version of batch follow up assignment has been released today, 4/6/2022.  You can learn about this functionality Here.

As always here a Foundant we do iterative development. If you get in and use these features and have additional ideas around how it can support your workflows please create a new idea lab item or reach out to me directly.

Best

Sammie

9. Make the "Edit" on the Follow up Reports Bigger, Bolder or more obvious. Grantees can't see it!

Grantees are frequently asking where do they enter their follow up reports. It's just not obvious on their Dashboard.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

As of our Nov 2023 the Edit links for Follow Ups have been replaced with Buttons.

The button with say, START, CONTINUE, VIEW or PREVIEW depending on the status up the follow up.  We hope this is more clear and easier for applicants to find. 

If you have additional feedback be ask that you add that to a new idea!

best

sammie

10. Allow the same email address listed as a contact in one organization to be included as a contact on other organizational records

Hello! Please allow the same email address to be used across different organizations. The system shouldn't dictate that limitation. This is for someone who is president of an association with its own record and is also a contact for her organization, which has its own record. The association does not have its own email addresses - members use their own organization's email. And grant writers should be able to use their own email and login to different accounts - the collaborate function is an inconvenient workaround. Thank you for considering.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

11. Next button

I would like to have a "Next" or "Previous/Back" button to move through applications when logged in as administrators (similar to what was just done with the evaluators!). So, instead of selecting "Return to Application Submitted", I can use next to move to the next application. When I am reviewing several applications, I don't like having to remember which one I just read and which one is next after being taken back to the entire listing.

This would be helpful in all of the application statuses - Draft, Submitted, and Complete.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Back to Top" and "Bottom" Buttons!

I spend a lot of time scrolling to the bottom or back up to the top when reviewing applications, and a top and bottom button would be very helpful. Thank you!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  12 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Override Follow-up sequential order

It would be ideal if the order of follow-ups was not enforced. We assign our follow-ups all at once. These usually include a grant terms and conditions form, sometimes an interim report, final report, and now i just created a followup for our grantees to electronically share their acknowledgements.

I get an OVERLOAD of questions from our grantees asking why they cant access a report form ( usually they ask after they submit the terms form by before i have had a chance to mark the follow-up complete)

The ackknowledgment follow up is optional and could be submitted at any…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option for Applicant to "Abandon" a Request

This may be covered by the discussion under having a "Withdrawn" status but in case it isn't... with our first round of folks using the system (yeah!) I had several applicants, when I queried about their LOI still in draft, let me know they didn't know how to delete an unitendeded duplicate LOI, or one they decided not to submit. It was an easy thing for me to "Abandon" their request, but it would be time-saving to give the applicant the opportunity to "Abandon" or "Withdraw" a request themselves.

posted June 12, 2013 by Kate Shirah, John Rex Endowment

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  18 comments  ·  Statuses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow grantees to submit a follow-up before the previous one has been marked "complete"

Allow grantees to submit a follow-up before the previous one has been marked "complete." Currently, grantees are unable to submit final reports before we internally have marked the interim reports as complete. There should be a feature that enables us to choose whether grantees can submit the next follow-up before the previous one is marked as "complete"

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save paging settings ("Showing 1-10") on Workload pages, so it does NOT reset daily

I know you just upgraded the workload pages so the display count can be set to 10, 20...500, etc.

I set it at 500 because I want it to display all. By default it is 10 which is too restrictive. This works for one day, but it resets when I log back in the next day. I don't want to have to do this every day, across multiple workload pages. Can we make it fixed at 500, across ALL my workload pages?

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the Deadline Date a True Deadline

Currently, as long as an applicant has started an application, they can submit regardless of the fact that the deadline date has already passed. As a result, we end up having to make calls to applicants telling them they've missed the deadline (sometimes by as much as two weeks) and that their submissions will not be put before the board. Can we get this changed?

Thanks,
    Mary

Idea posted May 14, 2012 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  20 comments  ·  Dates  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export Excel files as .xlsx instead of the old .xls format

Self explanatory, would remove the constant hassle of having to open the file and Save as .xlsx

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Grantee Application Access

Hi Foundant,

Is there anyway to make all forms assigned to an applicant availble to them immediately once they have been assigned? It seems we have had numerous grantees emailing us lately because they need access to a follow up, but can't get to it because our office needs to go in and mark any previous forms complete. I am sure there is a 'method behind the madness' here, but it sure would help our efficiency as well as the grantees to know exactly when each follow up is due rather than only being able to see one form at…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  12 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatic email to admins when new organization is created in GLM

Our team would like to be alerted when a new organization is created in GLM. This would give us a heads up on organizations that may apply in the future.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?