GLM Idea Lab

1. Next button

I would like to have a "Next" or "Previous/Back" button to move through applications when logged in as administrators (similar to what was just done with the evaluators!). So, instead of selecting "Return to Application Submitted", I can use next to move to the next application. When I am reviewing several applications, I don't like having to remember which one I just read and which one is next after being taken back to the entire listing.

This would be helpful in all of the application statuses - Draft, Submitted, and Complete.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

We have implemented our first round of the Next button when viewing requests from the workload grids.

This currently is behind a feature flag so reach out to support or your client success manager.

Please create new idea lab items around where we should continue to implement the functionality.
    Best
    Sammie

2. "Back to Top" and "Bottom" Buttons!

I spend a lot of time scrolling to the bottom or back up to the top when reviewing applications, and a top and bottom button would be very helpful. Thank you!

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

We have implemented our first round of the Tup/Bottom button when viewing requests from the workload grids.

This currently is behind a feature flag so reach out to support or your client success manager.

Please create new idea lab items around where we should continue to implement the functionality.
    Best
    Sammie

3. Option for Applicant to "Abandon" a Request

This may be covered by the discussion under having a "Withdrawn" status but in case it isn't... with our first round of folks using the system (yeah!) I had several applicants, when I queried about their LOI still in draft, let me know they didn't know how to delete an unitendeded duplicate LOI, or one they decided not to submit. It was an easy thing for me to "Abandon" their request, but it would be time-saving to give the applicant the opportunity to "Abandon" or "Withdraw" a request themselves.

posted June 12, 2013 by Kate Shirah, John Rex Endowment

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save paging settings ("Showing 1-10") on Workload pages, so it does NOT reset daily

I know you just upgraded the workload pages so the display count can be set to 10, 20...500, etc.

I set it at 500 because I want it to display all. By default it is 10 which is too restrictive. This works for one day, but it resets when I log back in the next day. I don't want to have to do this every day, across multiple workload pages. Can we make it fixed at 500, across ALL my workload pages?

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the Deadline Date a True Deadline

Currently, as long as an applicant has started an application, they can submit regardless of the fact that the deadline date has already passed. As a result, we end up having to make calls to applicants telling them they've missed the deadline (sometimes by as much as two weeks) and that their submissions will not be put before the board. Can we get this changed?

Thanks,
    Mary

Idea posted May 14, 2012 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback and insight as to how you would use deadlines. As of the 2018.05 release you can now implement deadlines on a form by form basis. We are excited as we think this will cover most of the use cases you have defined.

Please keep us updated as you test out this new functionality,
    Sammie

6. Allow multiple users in same org to work together on forms

Sometimes the applicant is either not the person or the only person that would need to access the follow-up form (report). It would be great to be able to let the assignee delegate the assigned follow-up to another contact in their organization or that more than one person be able to access the form. Same for the application. Allow multiple users within that request to edit and access the application and applicable forms.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. one user needs to have access to multiple organizations

We have 1 user who needs access to multiple organizations. Our archdiocese has one person who is now going to monitor multiple departments. We have the departments set up as individual organizations because they run independently. This has also been an issue with grant writers that write for multiple applicants. I know you have talked about this but now we have an immediate need for it!
    Thank you!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

I am hoping that our new collaborator functionality soft rolled out last month will help with this workflow.

I would encourage you to reach out to your CSM and learn more about this functionality and turn it on.

If this feature still doesn’t get you everything you need please let us know.
    Best
    sammie

8. Option to 'hide' old requests

I'd love an option to hide old requests from the applicants when they go to log in - sometimes we have applicants with so many old requests/LOIs that their dashboard is too confusing to look at. I'd still like to be able to see all old requests on our end, but our applicants don't always need to see every abandoned LOI in their organizational history.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have rolled out the new tab version of the applicant dashboard (for now you must opt into this view). The new view separates active requests from historical requests; closed, denied, abandoned. The applicants still have access to see this information, however, it is not mixed in with the things they need to work on.

Would love any feedback if this helps your applicants or if we still need the ability to completely remove the requests from their view.

Best
    Sammie

9. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to edit List Items

It would be great to be able to edit a single list item. We have new funds created throughout the year that we need to add to a drop down list on a decision form after that form and question has already been used. On occasion, we've had human error occur with a typo or having been assigned a duplicate fund ID by mistake. Have the opportunity to go in an correct the spelling error or edit the name of an item part way through the year on a drop down list would be helpful.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

The ability to edit list items is now available.

This functionality is currently behind a setting that foundant staff my turn on for you. If you wish to edit list items reach out to support or you CSM and they will be able to turn this functionality on for you.

Best
    sammie

11. Internally-Facing Follow Up Items

It would be great to use follow-up forms/items internally, too. This is helpful especially for clients like us who still do a s substantial amount of manual data entry. It would be great if we had the option to "Assign To" an administrator, and then reports tracking, electronic signature agreements, etc could be better managed. Plus, this would make our dashboard far more effective. [this idea was born out of the Grants Management session at the Foundant Conference]

posted September 6, 2012 by Jen Bokoff, Laurie M Tisch Illumination Fund

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I missed updating this thread. We added this functionality to GLM a few months ago. It’s currently available as part of the Advanced license.

Thanks for the feedback about this functionality.
    -chris

12. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. retain search list

It would save several clicks if the search was retained, and could be accessed by clicking the back arrow after selecting an item from the search. It would be even better if you place in the list was retained and you were automatically returned to that position.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

In release 2019.06 we now let you return to the most recent search list on the search & request and decisions page.

Assuming this functionality is working as people expected we will be implementing it in all places that have search functionality in the coming release.

Best
    sammie

14. See contact associated with a request

It would be great if we could see which contact is associated with each request or see a list of the requests assigned to a contact when clicking on a contact's name. We just had a contact leave an organization and I had to click on every request that had a follow-up draft to know whether I had to reassign the request and/or follow-up. There are different programs at this organization that are run by different people, so we have multiple active contacts

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,
    In the GLM 6.9.0 release on October 4, we added a user summary page. There are a number of ways to reach that page (usually by clicking on a user’s name wherever it is displayed).

On that page, we list all the requests associated with that contact.

Thanks for the suggestion and the votes on this!
    -chris

15. Add sorting function to Merge Templates

Would it be possible to add a sorting feature to merge templates? We use 45-50 different merge templates, and to keep things organized, we group them by kind: Announcement Letters, Award Letters, Quarterly payment letters, etc. Currently, when we need to upload an additional template it is just added at the bottom of the list. A sorting feature would help us move that last added new template to others like it in the list. A sorting feature would expedite finding the right letter template rather than scrolling up and down until the correct template is located. For instance, in “Follow-Up…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

In the GLM 6.9.0 release on October 4, we added the ability to re-order the Merge Templates. While this is not exactly a “sorting” function, it does allow a bit more flexibility in keeping the templates organized.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback!
    -chris

16. One applicant login for multiple organizations

I have a grant writer who is applying on behalf of two separate organizations but she only has one email address. Is there a way she can use one email address for two different organizations?

posted October 1, 2012 by Kishawn Leuthauser, The Louis and Harold Price Foundation

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

our new collaborator functionality allows people to access requests no matter the organization if they have been invited.

I am hopeful this is a solution for grant writers, so I am marking this as implemented and encourage more feedback if collaborate does not work for you in this workflow.

best
    sammie

17. move new help icon

I appreciate the new help button, but sometimes the big blue question mark balloon is in the way. I'd rather it was up on top with the Compass and Idea Lab, etc. icons.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. add signatures to emails

I would love it if, when sending an email that's in a template, there was a way to choose a pre-uploaded signature (even if it was plain text). Right now whichever progam officer is sending the email has to go into their outlook email and copy/paste their signature into the email. Is there a way there could be a dropdown menu (or something similar) so that users with admin status could choose a their signature?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Megan,

Apologies, for the delay in updating the ticket. You can now use HTML in emails created in GLM. Through this, you can now add a signature, or format your emails.

If you have not played with this I encourage you to reach out to your CSM or Support.

Thanks
    sammie

19. Return to Search Results Button

I mentioned this in the discussions with Development Session but wanted to officially submit this idea.

When I do a search for specific criteria I get a list of search results. I usually need to make an edit to each one of those records, but after I do the first one, I can't click the back button without an Document Expired message and click on Try Again and Resend. It would be helpful to have a Return to Search Results button in the record (in the same way you have Return to Application Submitted) to save the clicks back or…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In release 2019.06, we now allow Search Request & Decisions to retain your most recent search result so that you do not have to re-enter your search criteria.

I hope this is what you have all been looking for! As we get feedback this functionality will be implemented in all areas you can search.

Best Sammie

20. applicant grant history

I just added a new contact to an organization and assigned their request to that person. I then checked the username and password for the new contact by logging in to her account. I noticed that all she could see was the current request (LOI, Application, and Follow-Ups). I think everyone who is an active contact for that organization should see all prior requests.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base