GLM Idea Lab

1. Grant Manager access to Email History

It would be great if Access to Email History was feature that could be toggled on/off for the Grant Manager Role.

We have 2 levels of grant managers w/n our system. Our Directors have access to one set of features and our Program Managers have access to others. They all are "Grant Managers" w/n Foundant. And it works pretty well. But it would help greatly if they could check and see who's gotten emails from the system.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow change to LOI title

We don't call it an "LOI" and it doesn't operate like one. We'd prefer it to be listed as a "Preliminary Application" or something else. Would be a nice feature if possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to Highlight

As a reviewer, it would be great to be able to highlight sections of applicants' text. It would save so much time in terms of board meeting prep. Even better would be the ability to add notes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Packet File Names include Organization Name and Project Name

When you download a packet, the system defaults to including the Project Name+"Packet".
    In my downloaded file backups, I manually add the Organization Names to the beginning of each of these, and the word, "Application."
    Please make it so the file name is:
    "Organization Name+Project Name+Form Name/Type"

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. auto assign number to scholarship applications

It would be nice if the system would automatically assign a number to an application. We like to keep our scholarship evaluations anonymous. By auto assigning a number to an application allows the evaluator the ability to refer to an applicant number if they have any questions about an application, and it also allows them to easily find an application that they may want to review.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Flexibility in Organizing Shared Documents

I just attempted to organize my org's shared documents, but I found out there's no way to move files to a new folder, so I would have to delete and re-upload if I wanted to organize. I think more flexibility, especially moving to folders, would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Foundant Help Centre Ticket System for On-going System wide issues?

It would be nice after chatting with the online support help if it was followed up with an email summary of the discussion, and if necessary, if the issue was not able to be corrected through the discussion, it would be helpful that the discussion summary was also followed by a ticketed number system of the on-going issues.

This has a two fold benefit for Foundant in terms of Client Service:

1. The client has a copy of the conversation summary, so if the request is something educational, they can refer to it or forward it on to other staff. There…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Alpha by Organization Sort Name within Buckets

Alphabetize organizations using their "Organization Sort Name" field when displaying them in buckets. For example, when I open the LOI Evaluation Closed bucket and click on the organization column to sort the applicants, they are sorted by "Organization Name" and not the sort name field. So groups who's name starts with "The" appear in the T's instead of where they properly belong alphabetically. (I feel like Foundant used to do this...perhaps it was overridden during an update?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SLM-Edit Deadline Batch Option

It would be nice to be able to select a process and then be able to edit the deadline in batch rather than go into each individual application to do so. Would speed it along if needing to extend the deadline for a group of students in a process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Evaluation 3

I'd love to have more than two evaluations (apologies if this is posted somewhere already, I couldn't find it!) - right now we are making two work in place of three but it involves a lot of back end updates to "re-open" evaluation 1 with new questions via a branching option.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. linking organizations

I work with several Catholic charities, especially schools, that operate under a Diocese of a particular area. For various reasons, some grants need to fall under the Diocese EIN number and other times the school's EIN number. I would love to have a way to link organizations so we can see grant history for all involved. Example Cathedral Parish School and the Diocese of St. Augustine. Both receive grants for the school but we had to enter separately. For people coming behind us, there is no way for them to know/show all grants. We put in comments currently but that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need an option for third party AND evaluators to be able to read recommendations.

Recently, my foundation opted to not use letters of recommendation for our scholarships and we updated it so that the recommendation is a combination of quantitative (rankings) and qualitative (a text box where they explain and expand on the reason for their rankings). But because this is all in the system and not something that they upload on their own, because it is a third party, evaluators cannot see the recommendations that were submitted. We do not want students to see their recommendations, so changing visibility to everyone is not the ideal solution. There should be a way for only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Report generation for Giving Circles (role)

We would love to provide our Giving Circles the ability to run their own evaluation reports so when they meet as a group they can discuss their own evaluations for submitted grants. Much easier for them to do it than staff. If this needs to be a new role assigned that would be fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Foundant Email Address

Is there a way to change the "from" email address to reflect our organizations email? When we generate emails to our board or to grantees via Foundant, some may be filtering into their spam folders vs their inbox or may glance over it as it is not a recognizable email to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. GLM remember password - like CSuite

it would be great if the GLM remembered the login credentials for the day, like CSuite. It can re-set each day, but having it not time out during the work day would be awesome!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Expand batch options for downloading PDF copies and assigning follow-up forms

Would help quite a lot. Have 200 applications for review and some folks requested PDF copies. Having to download each individually takes a long time.

Also assigning a follow up form for project modification, extensions, etc. Having to send 1 form to 200 people could be sped up if batch options were present for more functions disassociated from email.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Status Change Log items for specific followups

I'm trying to see when i reverted the status of a specific followup from submitted back to draft. However, because that followup is not the most recent one, I see nothing about that status change in the log. I would like the status change log to show changes made to specific followups by the name of that followup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sorting

Keep it simple. SORT SORT SORT, should be a simple click of the header and not MANUALLY sort. Good grief!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Report Glitch

I've encountered a Reporting Glitch where half of my fields will show up but the rest of the fields only show if I add a "greater than 0" filter. Can someone please fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Run Charity Check as part of registration process or when an application is submitted

Applicants who are registering new organizations are almost always applying to a currently open competitive grant program. It would save a lot of time for our due diligence if the Charity Check data was collected at the time the organization record is completed.

Updating Charity Check information for an organization automatically when an application is submitted would also be helpful in reducing the number of steps to process a grant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base