GLM Idea Lab

1. Confusing wrong password message at login

When users – especially applicants – enter the wrong password this warning pops up:

• “The Verification Code* field is required.
    • The Email Address or Password you have entered is incorrect. Please retype them, or create a new account if you have not done so before.”
    This wording is confusing as we have had several users ask where they can get this “verification code” – when really it is just asking for their password. This has resulted in calls and emails that take up additional staff time just to explain what the message means.
    Can this language be changed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Kelly,

Apologies for the confusion the message related to a verification code was a defect.

The message has been fixed and should now say
    “The Email Address or Password you have entered is incorrect. Please retype them, or create a new account if you have not done so before.”

If you still see the verification code notice please let us know.

Best
    Sammie

2. request and decision searching

This seems to be something new and I don't know if it's a glitch but when I search for a grant under the Request and Decision under any of the fields it will pull up accounts that fall under that request but when I go back to do another search, it goes back to that last request and I have to wait for it to search on that again prior to me being able to do a new search. I don't recall it ever doing this and it doesn't do it if you search under organizations or users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Christy,

February 27th we released a new Auto-Search toggle on to the Requests & Decisions page.

By default, this toggle is “Off” meaning every time you go to requests and decisions you will need to re-enter your search and pull back the results.

If you are in a scenario where you will be using the same search criteria and list over and over you will want to turn the toggle “On”.

I hope this helps with what you were seeing in the site, and thank you for your feedback.

Sammie

3. Grant Number from C-Suite pulled into Decision Form

C-Suite grant number integrated in the Decision Form (with the ability to edit.) I find I am having to backtrack to the Decision Form to enter the grant number after I sync with C-Suite. We use this as a merge field for our grant agreements. We then add the year in front of the C-Suite grant number to ID the grant. That is why I included the edit option as well. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your feedback I think we can get you to the end result you are looking for in maybe just a little bit different route.

You can add CSuite Grant ID to the decision form. To do so you just need to go into your decision form, click the “Add CSuite Question” you will want to add the field Grant Id. This will allow the CSuite Grant Id to flow from CommuitySuite without you having to manually enter it. With that said we keep this field locked down in GLM as it is CSuite data so you cannot edit it. However, with some magic on your merge template, I think we could get your document created so that you weren’t having to touch every letter or every grant individually.
    If you reach out to support they can help you with this.

As always thank you for…

4. customized view in assigned

Love the ability to customize the view in the application phase, I wish that was available in the Evaluation Assigned list as well. We frequently need to add evaluators for particular schools.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Third Party Dashboard Cleanup

There needs to be a way to clean-up third-party dashboards. This is our third year using the program for scholarships and our counselors' dashboards are overwhelmed with current and old requests going back to when we started using the program. Applications that were abandoned still show up and there does not appear to be a way for them to clearly differentiate between active and abandoned requests without clicking on them.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback on this item. Tonight we just released a fixed to clean up the third party dashboard.

Requests will be removed from the third party dashboard when the submission has been marked complete or in other statuses where the third party user could not edit the third party responses.
    For example, abandoned, denied, closed, etc.

I hope this makes you and your third parties live easier.

Please keep the feedback coming
    Sammie

6. Assign Grant Managers/Administrators to a specific grant

As it stands, we currently have to separately track who is assigned to which grant. It would be wonderful if we could after an LOI is received or grant application submitted to assign that grant to a grant manager or admin. who will work with that group all the way through the process. If this could be visible to the applicant, that would be helpful to the process because they would know who to contact if they have any questions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.

I believe the functionality Grant Manager Request Assignment (available in Standard +2 and Advanced Licenses) helps solve this exact scenario you are looking for. To learn more about this feature I encourage you to reach out to your Client Success Manager,

That said any other way I have seen staff member assigned to grant is through an Internal Question and then added as Custom Column.

Again I think your CSM will be able to help you weigh the best way to accomplish this for your organization.

Best
    Sammie

7. URL merge fields in Email Templates

It would be nice if the URL merge field that can copy/pasted into an email template displayed as a hyperlink with a short name (such as "Logon"), rather than just pasting in a long website address that the recipient then has to copy and paste out of the email themselves. I was pretty surprised when I realized this is what the merge field resulted in, as its pretty unpolished looking. Thanks for considering.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assign follow-up due dates on a per-applicant basis rather than per process

We have some complex scenarios with processes and really need to be able to assign follow-ups on a per-applicant basis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Mike,

The way follow ups are configured today you should be able to meet the needs of having a group of follow ups assigned to your process and then pick the relevant ones for that applicant. Reach out to your client success manager and they can help you through this.

If I am missing something in your request please create a new idea.

Best
    sammie

9. Log on Page

Add a customizable text box under the "Log on" Header so that our organizations can provide a more prominent short sentence or phrase to help orient the user to the page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Populate Information when Using the Browser Back Button.

When I use the Search by Requests & Decisions feature and enter the criteria to narrow my search by, I am presented with a list of grants matching that criteria. Yay. But if I click on a grantee and make any changes, then hit my BACK button in my browser, instead of going back to the list of grants I searched for, I'm presented with a blank Search by Requests & Decisions page that just shows the criteria I entered to search by. The list of grants disappears and I have to hit the Search button again to generate the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. reporting

I use one report monthly. I go to the reporting tool, click the report and make my monthly change which usually involves changing the date of a particular filter. After it makes the change, I click save changes and sometimes the report loses all the filters I had. Does anyone else have this problem? If I am not the only one experiencing these problems, then Foundant needs to take a closer look at how the reporting tool is working/not working. Maybe it needs an upgrade.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Angela,

That you for the feedback. As you mentioned we did upgrade the reporting a while back and through this process there a handful of defects and hiccups some of which we are still trying to track down and get fixed as soon as possible.

With that said I believe the issue seen with filter not save has been resolved. If you are still seeing this please let us know, as we understand the importance the reporting tool plays in making you effective.

-Sammie

12. Evaluator Role Titles next to "Evaluator 1" and "Evaluator 2" in request tab

Is it possible to put a couple merge fields next to the "Evaluator 1" and "Evaluator 2" labels within the "Request" tab? A couple of my Evaluator 2 people have gotten lost clicking into the eval 1 bucket, so having a merge field next to Evaluator 2 so it can say "Grants Committee Member" would help them navigate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In updates to our evaluator dashboard in 2019 we removed the Evaluator 1 and Evaluator 2 buckets. Instead, evaluators are taken directly into all evaluations they must complete. Today if you have evaluators who do both eval 1 and eval 2 I would encourage them to look at the form name to know which evaluation they are looking at.

With the updates into one list, I would love to hear how we could make this more streamlined for your evaluators so if you have any thoughts please create a new idea.

Best
    Sammie

13. Create New Account Page

Add a customizable text box under the "Create New Account" header so that our organization can more prominently orient the new user to this page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Annamarie,

While this is not a text you as an administrator can edit it is a place in the software where Foundant staff can add custom content. If you reach out to your CSM or support they will be able to help you set up the message on your Create New Account Page.

Thanks
    sammie

14. Multiple applications in one process

We are currently working on developing a capacity development process. This process includes an LOI, organizational assessment application, and a capacity development application. The LOI is used to allow organizations to express their interest in overall capacity development. The foundation will utilize the LOI to determine whether the organization is ready for this type of work. Once an organization is ready to move forward, we will move them to an organizational assessment stage where a consultant will conduct an assessment to identify key areas the organization must focus on. This is where the organizational assessment application would come in handy…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

I would encourage you to reach out to your CSM as I think this is workflow we can accommodate in the system today. While you might not be able to title all 3 stages the way you have in your description i believe you would be able to leverage the Qualification, LOI, and Application stages to get to this process. Reach out and lets see what we can solve.

Sammie

15. Financial Manager Role

Create new role for a financial manager or finance person. We are hiring a new financial manager and they do not need all the access of an admin or grants manager. Just someone to write in check number and be accountable for grants paid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Proxy; but retain Process selection

When proxying as an applicant and returning to personal profile, the Processes previously selected are deselected. They must be selected again. It would be better to retain selections.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joia & Jen,

Thank you for your feedback.

On February 27th we released a new setting that will process selections in to your user settings, not only will the retain your filters when your proxy and unproxy it will also remember your filters when you log in and log out of the system.

The setting is controlled by Foundant so please reach out to support and have them turn on the “Store Process Filter as a User Setting”.

Thank you for feedback and let us know how we continue to make your workflows better,
    sammie

17. Email templates should show name of person assigned follow-up

We have numerous grants where followups are assigned to the applicant but then changed to a new person for various reasons. It should be an option to include the name of the person assigned the follow up rather than the original applicant.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your suggestion.

When creating email templates if you use the fields under Recipient as opposed to Applicant this will pull the contact info for the person whom the form is assigned to and not default to the applicant.

I hope this helps solve the issue you were seeing. Please reach out to support if you need help, and if there is still an issue please create a new idea.

Best
    sammie

18. apply buttons

That appear beside the scholarships that are available to apply for, once a student has applied and submitted, can that button change colors, or fade out so applicants know they have already done a particular application?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

In release 2019.02 scheduled to release to production on January 29th you will have the ability to turn a feature called “Warn Applicant of Existing Request.” You can find it in your site settings (gear icon next to your name when logged in).

If you have the function turned on the apply button for a process with an active request will turn grey, also if an applicant clicks the grey button they will get a notice that they already have a request in that process.

I hope you find this new functionality helpful.

Best
    sammie

19. Specify that a decision comment has to be added in the approval section instead of the request section of a request.

Specify where the decision comment has to be added when approving a request. We use that area for our motions & approval of the request. It is confusing because once added, the comment shows up in both areas. I accidentally put the decision comment in the request area, so now I have to go back & change each one so it will be pulled into a report that includes the decision comment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In a release earlier this year we introduce the concept of System Fields onto decision and installment form.

This functionality allows you to add the decision comments System field wherever you would in your approval/denial forms.

If you reach out to support or your CSM they will be able to help you set this update.

Best
    Sammie

20. Duplicate users

Duplicate users fix - I would like it if the system had a searchable option that would tell users at creation point there is already an active account with their name and email address, thus preventing duplicates in our database. The message should also suggest they contact the system administrator and provide the email address for users to contact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base