GLM Idea Lab

1. Shorten list of links on left navigation pane (combine categories)

The list of links on the left navigation pane is really long, with lots of (unnecessary) category breakdowns. It takes longer to find info on the site because you have to think longer about where to look. I would suggest the following category changes:
    Move Process Manager into the Grants category with the Dashboard and Payment tracking - it doesn't need its own category ("Process")Move Organizations and Users into the Search category - these are types of search, and don't need to be split out into a separate "Contacts" categoryIt would still be pretty long, but that would help.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add Create Documents button to Approval

It would speed things up if the Create Documents button was on the approval screen, so you could go right from approving to creating the approval merge letter. Right now you have to click over to a screen that has the button. Why not have it where you need it?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow applicants to correct org information

It would be great if applicants could go in and correct their own organization's contact and EIN information.

Idea posted June 29, 2011 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If a file type can't be converted, don't allow upload

One of our applicants uploaded an Open Office word processing file (.odt). That type of file doesn't convert in the Application Packet or in Create Documents (merge templates)... so I wish it couldn't be uploaded at all. That way, the applicant would have to convert to a different file type before uploading, and our exported documents would be complete.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Batching user reassignments

We often have to reassign applications and grants to different users due to changing circumstances (a staffing change at the organization being the most common). We would like the new contact to be able to see all of the past grant history, but that frequently includes numerous grants, and is time-consuming to have to individually reassign each of them. It would be great if we could batch reassignments- for instance, if an executive director left an organization with whom we have a 20 year grant history, it would make life much easier to be able to check "reassign all" to…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restricted Applications: Access Code Refresh Update

We are currently running a restricted cycle, using the
    access code option. I have a pseudo applicant profile to check on what applicants will view and I noticed that when a grant applicant puts in an access code and pulls up the
    application, if they want to go back to the main page (Apply page) with all of
    the unrestricted applications (no access code needed; public cycles), they have to delete
    the code in the box and then click the "Enter Code" button for the Apply page to refresh. It's a little counterintuitive.

Any thoughts on updating this?
    For example,…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Streamline data entry for discretionary gifts and historical grants for former grantees

When I enter either a discretionary grant or a historical grant, why do I have to go through and enter grant type and a due date? I've already cut the checks and am usually trying to quickly enter the data in the system at the end of the year. Or I may have a former grantee that hasn't been on Foundant before and I need to enter historical information quickly. These two types of payments need to have some sort of streamlined entry,

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Lisa,

A quick update on this item.
    Grant Type can now be removed from the decision forms so if you are creating a discretionary process it might make sense to just remove that field.

Part 2 of this is not implemented but the code is being written but in a process, you will also be able to auto-configure the installment information this will allow you to set the installment due to equal the decision date for example without having to manually enter it for each grant.

I am sure you through all of your historical grant entry but hopefully, these items are helpful in other scenarios, or for other users.

Thanks
    sammie

8. Reporting export option buttons

Very small annoyance...can you move the export option buttons (Excel, CSV, PDF) on the reporting function to the left side of the table? Right now, they are on the right side of the table. When I have a large report with many columns, I have to scroll down on my computer to get to the separate scroll bar that will take me all the way to the right side of the table to find these buttons. I know this is a small detail, but seems like an easy fix.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Exceeding Character Limits

When an applicant exceeds the character limits set, they should not be able to submit their application/proposal until it is corrected. Currently, the applicant can submit their application but we cannot mark it as complete. But, in our organization,once an application is submitted, it has to be accepted.

Additional suggestion is to not allow them to move forward in their application until the character limit is resolved.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Application Packet to include uploaded documents

It would be great if the print/application packet included the applicant's uploaded documents.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Applicant Details - bring in address line 2 please!

Hello! I would like to suggest that in the Applicant Details that are available to attach to auto emails include the second address line as well as the first address line (they currently only pull in the first address line).

We attach the applicant details to all of our auto emails and request that grantees check the address information and let us know if updates are needed (as just another way to ensure we aren't sending the check to an incorrect address) but I've had grantees sent back emails concerned that their suite/apt numbers aren't included.

Thanks for considering!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 17 18 19 21 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base