GLM Idea Lab

1. Gender identification on organization profile shouldn't be required

One of my grant applicants just pointed out that the "Mr./Mrs./Ms." field when an organization is setting up a profile shouldn't be required since some people's gender identities don't conform. Is there a way to make that field optional instead of required?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show application once form assigned

For processes with a default visibility of internal:

Once a follow up form has been assigned to a user, I would like the visibility to automatically change to "show" rather than having to assign a form and then change it manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Mariah,

Think you can accomplish what you are looking for by changing the configuration of your process.

If you configure your process to internal and then leave the Applicant Visibility drop-down Blank, the request will function as internal processes always have. Meaning once the request has been approved in a purely internal process it will now show to the applicant on their dashboard.

I think this helps accomplish what you are looking but as always please let us know if this doesn’t help your workflow.

Best
    sammie

3. Pop Up Question

It would be nice to have questions that pops up depending on the answer to the prior questions. For example, if you answer the question with a "yes" a questions comes up pertaining to that and if you hit "no" a different question would pop up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adjust Log In Error Message

I received this message today:
    I am trying to register to your site. However, when I click New Users:Please click on "Create New Account" to complete the registration process and create your logon credentials, it says "The Login you have entered (your email address) is already in use. "

Can we please change the message to say:
    You have already registered with that email address. Please log in to continue. If you no longer remember your password, click on the "Forgot your Password?" link.

This will redirect users so that they do not simply create extra registrations. Many of my…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Pele,

Thank you for your thoughts, and the time to put the desired message.

We were able to update the Duplicate Login Message last night to:

“You have already registered with that email address.

Please log in to continue. If you no longer remember your password, click on the Forgot your Password? link."

We hope this helps to encourage the behavior to not create duplicates. With that said if you do have many duplicate users reach out to support or your CSM and they can help you set to get the Merge Duplicate User functionality configured.

Thanks
    sammie

5. LOI submission date column for draft denail

Would like to be able to have LOI submission date as a column when a LOI is in denial draft.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the new custom columns functionality, you can add an initial submit date to any workload grid.

If you reach out to support they will be able to help you turn on this functionality.

Thank you for your feedback, and if custom columns do not solve your idea please let me know!
    -Sammie

6. "Back to Top" and "Bottom" Buttons!

I spend a lot of time scrolling to the bottom or back up to the top when reviewing applications, and a top and bottom button would be very helpful. Thank you!

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

We have implemented our first round of the Tup/Bottom button when viewing requests from the workload grids.

This currently is behind a feature flag so reach out to support or your client success manager.

Please create new idea lab items around where we should continue to implement the functionality.
    Best
    Sammie

7. Bring Back Decision comment

We used to be prompted to put in decision comments when approving or denying, and we really liked that. After one of the recent updates (maybe 2018.5), we no longer have that option. Is this something we need turned on or do we need to get folks to vote for this to bring it back?
    I can use the Conditions of grant, but that doesn't seem appropriate, because we use that for actual conditions on a grant, not just to express details around the decisions.
    If there is a workaround other's have used, I would love to know how that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A default system field for “Decisions Comment” can now be added back on to Decision forms.

To learn how to do this please reach out to your CSM or support and they can help you get Decisions Comment as a field on approval and denials again.

As always thank you for your feedback.
    Best,
    sammie

8. Sorting Lists by Multiple Fields

Add the ability to sort list screens by multiple fields rather than just one column header.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Shawn,

Sorting by multiple fields can be done, the trick to setting the second or third level sorting you must hold “Shift” when you go to set the sort.

Likewise, if you want to un-sort you click “CTRL

Thank you for your feedback and please don’t hesitate to reach out with other questions.
    Best
    Sammie

9. Partially matching grants

Our foundation sometimes awards grants that are both matching and non-matching - a certain amount is given outright, then additional funds are given if the grantee provides proof of match. We have workarounds in place, but they are not ideal. Perhaps allowing one installment to be "one time" and the other to be matching would work?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a logo to authenticate screen

The authenticate screen has caused a few of our grantees issue. Primarily, the screen is so generic that you are unable to tell what funder you are authenticating into. In Montana, many of our grantees have other funders using Foundant and if the authenticate screen comes up they aren't able to tell what funder they are authenticating into, resulting in frustration. This morning, I had an individual who wasn't able to log in to our site on the authenticate screen using her username and password, and it turns out it was the authenticate screen for a different funder she was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preview mode warning

When applicants are in preview mode, the warning by each question when they enter data should make clear that it will not be saved. Some applicants do not understand that Preview mode does not link to actual application fields.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

A few months ago we changed the warning message when an applicant answers a response in preview mode to

“Warning: This Form is being viewed in Preview mode. No responses will be recorded. Click Apply to begin a new Request.”

Is this message more clear to your applicants? If not please let me know if there is another way we can tweak the language to make it more clear.

Best
    Sammie

12. Merge Document for Multiple Processes

Because our applications differ by grant type, we have set our processes up by foundation and then by grant type. So for one foundation, we may have five or six different processes. The Board will review all foundation requests at the same time. It would be nice to be able to run a merge document for multiple requests across multiple processes. This would save us a tremendous amount of time when generating award/declination letters.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Administrator Comments vs Applicant Viewing Administrator comments

In the past few months, I've seen a high increase in applicants emailing and calling saying they cannot find the "Administrator Comment" when I revert back to draft, so I logged back in as the applicant to see what the sudden confusion is - it's incredibly hard to find in the applicant view! When I MAKE an administrator comment, there is a blue highlighted strip across the top. When I log in as the applicant, there is just a little vertical bar, with text smaller than regular instructions. A lot of our applicants are elderly, and it's been very time…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karie and Jessica,

In the GLM 6.11.0 release tonight (Tuesday, December 5), we did update the applicant-facing administrator comments. While we didn’t bring the blue highlighted top strip back, we did make the left blue strip thicker and we increased the font size. We think this is a happy medium as the blue top strip, while more obvious, was also somewhat distracting.

Please let us know if this change helps make it easier for applicants to find the administrator comments, and thanks for making us aware this was an issue for some of your applicants.
    -chris

14. Ability to edit List Items

It would be great to be able to edit a single list item. We have new funds created throughout the year that we need to add to a drop down list on a decision form after that form and question has already been used. On occasion, we've had human error occur with a typo or having been assigned a duplicate fund ID by mistake. Have the opportunity to go in an correct the spelling error or edit the name of an item part way through the year on a drop down list would be helpful.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

The ability to edit list items is now available.

This functionality is currently behind a setting that foundant staff my turn on for you. If you wish to edit list items reach out to support or you CSM and they will be able to turn this functionality on for you.

Best
    sammie

15. decision comments

Make decision comments a merge field.
    We use the decision comments as a place to store language for the notification letters. I'm so over the copy and paste!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karin,

By default, the Decision Comment is an Email merge field. If you wish to pull the Decision Comment in a merge template letter, add the default system field “Decision Comment” to your decision forms. Once, this field appears on the form it will now be a merge field you can build into templates.

If you need help adding this field please don’t hesitate to reach out to your support or CSM.

Best
    Sammie

16. standard address format

It would be great if there was standard to the mailing addresses for users and organizations. Right now they can use any format they chose (e.g. MI, Mich, Michigan, 123-456-7890; (123) 456-7890) and it has to be formatted before it can be used for templates or imported into other software.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vonda,

If you reach out to support they can add regular expressions to the questions on your organization/contact forms that require a specific format.

Also, with the release of custom fields on the organization page, you can now additional types of questions other than text boxes.

I hope this helps get your data cleaned up.

Best
    sammie

17. Returning to Workload : System no longer saves the sorting order

Previously when you would leave the workload page with a sort order (either by process or scoring or name etc.) already set, you could link back from the request to the workload page with the same sort order.
    For some reason now, this sort order doesn't stick, and you have to click the sort order once again.
    It is a little annoying to have to do this when you are reviewing a long list and have to hop back and forth constantly. Can this be considered when the next release is made? Or is this feature no longer possible for…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add sorting function to Merge Templates

Would it be possible to add a sorting feature to merge templates? We use 45-50 different merge templates, and to keep things organized, we group them by kind: Announcement Letters, Award Letters, Quarterly payment letters, etc. Currently, when we need to upload an additional template it is just added at the bottom of the list. A sorting feature would help us move that last added new template to others like it in the list. A sorting feature would expedite finding the right letter template rather than scrolling up and down until the correct template is located. For instance, in “Follow-Up…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

In the GLM 6.9.0 release on October 4, we added the ability to re-order the Merge Templates. While this is not exactly a “sorting” function, it does allow a bit more flexibility in keeping the templates organized.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback!
    -chris

19. A real time saver if when I do a detailed search in Request and Decisions that it saves most recent so I don't have to go back and recreate

The ability to save the most recent detailed searches in Request and Decisions. At least a back button to get you back to the last detailed search criteria created.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add import capability from Guidestar

If an organization isn't in my system and I use the link to Guidestar to look up their EIN and address, etc, I'd like to have the opportunity to click a button that says "Would you like to add this organization to your database?" rather than having to write down all the info and type it all in.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Renie,

As of the GLM 6.7.0 release tonight, Wednesday, August 2, this functionality is now in production.

I hope you find it useful! We really appreciate the suggestions and feedback.

Thanks,
    -chris

• Don't see your idea?

GLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base