GLM Idea Lab

1. Mail Merge for Follow-Ups

I would like to see follow-up questions and attachments available in mail merge. I imagine this is not currently available because we're generating mail merge fields for a specific process (follow-up forms not being "connected" to a process, and thus not included in the mail merge). Is this something that could be added?

posted September 27, 2013 by Mary Giraulo, United Arts of Central Florida

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Board Member View of Grants - Add a Column for Requested Amount

When Board members view grants under Application Evaluation (Board Member), the grants come up in columns: Process, Organization, Applicant, Project, Score Status. Would it be possible to add a column for "Requested Amount?" Our Board members would like to be able to sort the grants by the amount of money being requested. In this way, they can quickly find the grants requesting larger amounts of money and review them first; giving them a higher priority. This would speed up their review process. Thank you.

Idea posted January 15, 2013 by Deb Engel, Siebert Lutheran Foundation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Custom Columns are now available for evaluators, this functionality will allow you to not only add Requested Amount but another field as well. Once you have set the column, it can then be sorted on per user.

reach out to support or your CSM to learn more about this functionality.

Sammie

3. "Save as Draft"

It would be helpful if there were also a "Save as Draft" button at the top, in addition to the one at the bottom, of grant applications, etc. Or at least a message somewhere near the Question Legend icon at the top informing users that they need to regularly save and the button to do this is at the bottom of the page.

Idea posted May 21, 2013 by Dee Ann Harris, Leightman Maxey Foundation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. updating profile

When updating a user profile in SLM it's very frustrating that the system forces you to then add the mailing address information though it is not required to create the profile in the first place. Can you remove that requirement?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

In release 2018.11 we now added a check box (above the save button) when editing a user that allows you to skip required validation. This will allow you to not have to input in data on any questions.

I hope this solves the frustration around editing users but if not please let us know.

Best,
    Sammie

5. Updating User Accounts

When updating an existing contact, a prefix is required- the user was already in system without one. Usually this is not an issue, but occasionally it requires extra time to confirm if the individual is a doctor, Ms. vs Mrs., etc. If my goal was to update a phone number or address, this extra requirement can prevent a quick change.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

As Linsey pointed out you can determine that you do not want a questions to be required, however, when you do this it is optional when all applicants registration AND when you edit them internally.

However, in release 2018.11 we added new functionality when editing an existing user in the system. Above the save button you will now see a check box that says “Skip Required Validation” this allow you when editing a user to not have to answer the required questions. I hope this is a good a solution to what you were experiencing but as always keep us updated if we can do anything else.
    best
    sammie

6. Quick Export should default "export all" on dashboard buckets too

In the Requests & Decisions screen, if you select Quick Export from Batch Options and neglected to select any applications, it gives you the option to export all requests in the list. This is very useful, since I never remember to select applications at the top of the list, and there is no "check all" option at the bottom, which means I then have to scroll up to the top. This happens... a lot.

However, in the dashboard buckets, if you select Quick Export from Batch Options and neglected to select any applications, it says you must select at least…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you forget to select requests it will give you the option to export all.

Please note you will still see a warning that says
    “You have not selected any requests. Do you want to do a quick export on all requests from this search result? This may take a while.”

If you click OK on that pop up box it will then proceed to export everything.

Thank you for your feedback,
    Sammie

7. EIN input format

It would be helpful if applicants were not permitted to input EIN numbers in an incorrect format. When running charity checks, the number one reason they come back without information is that the organization has keyed their own EIN incorrectly, usually just missing the dash. Current state, I go in and adjust for them. Ideal state, they aren't allowed to input incorrectly in the first place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. reports

Who adds a column at the top of the page? Please put the sum at the bottom of the column, in a proper mathematical equation.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When we upgrade to the last version of our reporting tool you can now determine if Aggregates appear on the top or bottom.

The attached image shows you where this function lives, just note to get into this setting you need to click gear icon next table, and then move to Aggregate.

Thank you for your feedback
    Best
    sammie

9. Applicants can upload request documents

Hi! In working through our grant process, we have had evaluators complain about the length of print packets for applications. We have our applicants attach letters of support and their budget, but we (the staff) also need their financial audits, some of which can be 60-100+ pages. It would be helpful if we could keep the application clean just to what we need for evaluators to review applications and keep the staff documents separate. It would be great if we could allow applicants to upload their own request documents, where we could instruct them to upload anything needed for vetting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It would be great if there was a way for administrators to toggle between viewing as admin to viewing as an applicant and as an evaluator.

Currently, we have had to create test accounts as an applicant and as an evaluator and then have to sign in and out of each one to test how I processes will look and work.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Margo,

When you going into preview a form there is an option to Preview As this allows you to see what that form would look like the different user roles without login as them.

I hope this will help you with your testing, and if there is something else we can help with please let us know.

Best
    Sammie

11. rotate

We would like the ability to rotate documents 90 degrees in the Document Viewer. Sometimes an applicant will upload financial statements in a form that are landscape-oriented, but they are uploaded as portrait-oriented and so appear to be sideways in the Document Viewer. It would take a lot of time and server space on our part to download each and rotate manually. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. conditional logic

Would LOVE to see conditional logic available in form builds!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

Yes Jason you are correct! Question Branching is available in our +2 and advanced license. I would suggest if you are interested in exploring Conditional Logic, or branching reach out to your CSM to see if this functionality will help you accomplish what you are looking to do.

As for the fact that support needs to be logic today that is just as we roll out the feature and learn more about it. It is our hope to expose the building to clients at a later date.

Best
    Sammie

13. Time Zone

Can I permanently set our time zone? It seems like I enter it, but then from time to time we start seeing things in a different time zone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi April,

All areas in the site should now be converted to your time zone. To check your time zone go to the gear next to your name when logged in as an Admin.

If you continue to see a discrepancy between you defined timezone and places in the site please reach out to the support team so that we can prioritize getting that fixed.

Sammie

14. Transitioning From One Grant for Review Straight Into the Next

In other grants systems I've used, when you complete one evaluation, it moves you right into the next application for review. In Foundant, it pops you back out to the main menu where you have to manually select the next application for review. Just saves a bit of time, and makes it more obvious for new reviewers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currency Fields

Currency Field Formatting - Please format the currency field to reflect a uniform currency format, so instead of 9876, both the admin and the applicant would see $9,876.00 upon hitting enter. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. formatting date in email

Please allow for editing the date format in email templates. Our organization would never ordinarily send letters with a date of 05/02/2018, but instead with May 2, 2018. Would like the option to format dates more formally, as exists in Excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Limit initial responses on Email History so it loads quicker

When navigating through the Communications dropdown to Email History, the page takes an inordinate amount of time to load since it loads all email history within our site before allowing a search to be performed. Oftentimes my web browser times out prior to the page finishing loading, then I have to close the window, log back in, and attempt to wait out the loading of our entire email history once again. We've been using the system for almost two years now, so I can't imagine the time this will take as our email history grows.

If this page could load…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The amount of days initially displayed on the email history can now be configured by the organization.

If you wish to change the amount of days from the 90 days follow these step.

1) Go to the gear icon next to your admin name
    2) search "Email History Display Days
    3) Edit the setting to the number of days you wish to display by default. If you set the number of days 0 this will require you to always have to search when going to email history.

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope this helps that page be easier to use.

Best
    sammie

18. Submit or follow link in third party email is difficult to find

The email to third parties from an applicant has the link button at the very bottom of the page and "here" is highlighted. I seem to have a lot of international people that completely miss that little statement under the signature block. (Even when I state the location in the email) Can it be located more visible on the email or worded differently?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for posting in the idea lab.

With the implementation of email merge, you are now able to update system emails as well as change the messaging association with the third party link.

If you have any questions implementing this change please contact support@foudnant.com.

Thanks,
    -chris

19. .

Please remove case-sensitivity when entering data into email and website fields in organization records. I spend a lot of time editing these fields because of error messages prompted by uppercase letters when actual functionality isn't impacted by case in either emails or websites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Easily send batch email to all users

We would like to send a batch email to all users. We have over 1500 users and the system allows only 200 at a time. So, we have to manually check 200 boxes eight times to send the email. Is there an easier way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base