Skip to content

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

122 results found

1. "Back to Top" and "Bottom" Buttons!

I spend a lot of time scrolling to the bottom or back up to the top when reviewing applications, and a top and bottom button would be very helpful. Thank you!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  12 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Automatic Reminder Emails for Follow-up Reports and Applications

I would also love to be able to customize the 14 day submission reminder, or at least add another reminder 2 or 3 days prior to due date. And it would be fantastic if I could also do this with applications as well as follow-up forms.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our February 2024 release you can created automated emails for applications in draft. To edit the timeframe for this email and follow up you may do this through settings. 

This current implementation only allows for one reminder but we are continue to iterate on this functionality, and encourage that if you would like to be able to set multiple reminders please like this idea to keep up todate: https://idealab.foundant.com/forums/339786/suggestions/42009139

The Foundant Team

3. Ability to customize grant print packet

It would be great if you could "customize" what pieces of the grant packets you could include in one PDF instead of only being able to create a separate PDF of the Application, Decision Form, Follow Up Form and never being able to include any of the uploaded documents in the "Documents" tab. It would be helpful to have a "Print" option that allows you to pick and choose all of the "printable" pieces for a single grant in one pdf.

An example, our auditors wanted to see the Application, Decision Form and Follow Up Forms (some grants had up…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the "Edit" on the Follow up Reports Bigger, Bolder or more obvious. Grantees can't see it!

Grantees are frequently asking where do they enter their follow up reports. It's just not obvious on their Dashboard.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

As of our Nov 2023 the Edit links for Follow Ups have been replaced with Buttons.

The button with say, START, CONTINUE, VIEW or PREVIEW depending on the status up the follow up.  We hope this is more clear and easier for applicants to find. 

If you have additional feedback be ask that you add that to a new idea!

best

sammie

5. Scholarships

:) Hiding scholarship applicants name, address etc (from committees) would wonderful to make our system better and to make sure that we are doing our level best with 2 items: 1: protect the students that are applying. 2: minimizing the potential for bias and conflict of interests... we are in a small community where names can be too familiar or unfamiliar or sound different. Flexibility in sharing names and info would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deciphering Tabs between GLM & SLM Programs

Since the GLM portal is used for the SLM, deciphering between the two tabs on top for each programs when both are open can become cumbersome. Since they say the same title on the tab, it would be nice to have a different color icon - blue for Scholarship & green for Grants. At times I have 10 tabs open and I find myself searching and clicking more then once to verify I'm using the correct program.

The main concern is acknowledging each program on the tabs for convenience and quick access. Time is precisous. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Administrator Notification when New Accounts are Created

We have just launched our GLM site and asked our grantees to register in the system. I wish there was a way for the administrators to be notified when a new organization creates a new account in our system. I can see the benefits of this for our invitation-only foundation, but even more so with other foundations so they can learn who is interested in their foundation to help foster new relationships.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. applicant grant history

I just added a new contact to an organization and assigned their request to that person. I then checked the username and password for the new contact by logging in to her account. I noticed that all she could see was the current request (LOI, Application, and Follow-Ups). I think everyone who is an active contact for that organization should see all prior requests.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. decision comments

Make decision comments a merge field.
    We use the decision comments as a place to store language for the notification letters. I'm so over the copy and paste!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show a follow up as "locked" when applicants have another follow up to complete prior

When an applicant has multiple follow ups they have an option of "edit" on the follow up they are working on, and the other follow up's options are blank. I get a lot of questions about why an applicant cant complete their follow up (when they have one due prior).

I think it might be helpful to have that say something like "locked". Then perhaps have the info "i" icon to tell them why they cant access the follow up.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to edit List Items

It would be great to be able to edit a single list item. We have new funds created throughout the year that we need to add to a drop down list on a decision form after that form and question has already been used. On occasion, we've had human error occur with a typo or having been assigned a duplicate fund ID by mistake. Have the opportunity to go in an correct the spelling error or edit the name of an item part way through the year on a drop down list would be helpful.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. retain search list

It would save several clicks if the search was retained, and could be accessed by clicking the back arrow after selecting an item from the search. It would be even better if you place in the list was retained and you were automatically returned to that position.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give users an error message when they enter access codes incorrectly

It would help users who type in access codes incorrectly if the system gave an error message rather than just returning to the same screen. Without an error message, they don't know they have the code wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add import capability from Guidestar

If an organization isn't in my system and I use the link to Guidestar to look up their EIN and address, etc, I'd like to have the opportunity to click a button that says "Would you like to add this organization to your database?" rather than having to write down all the info and type it all in.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email merge from Foundant

It would be great to have the capability to execute an email merge for our decision notifications from within Foundant. Currently we have to generate a data set from Foundant and use that data set externally in Word to do an email merge.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  25 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change question type

I could see a situation where I create a question of a certain type, and then realize later that I want to make that same question a different type. (The first thing that comes to mind is making a radio box a check box, or vice versa.) Right now, I have to create a new question, rather than just changing the existing question.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Batch assign follow ups?

How about batch assigning follow ups? Otherwise I have go into each approved grant and assign follow ups on an individual basis, when all of the follow ups for that cycle are due the same date.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Exciting news, our first version of batch follow up assignment has been released today, 4/6/2022.  You can learn about this functionality Here.

As always here a Foundant we do iterative development. If you get in and use these features and have additional ideas around how it can support your workflows please create a new idea lab item or reach out to me directly.

Best

Sammie

19. Option for Applicant to "Abandon" a Request

This may be covered by the discussion under having a "Withdrawn" status but in case it isn't... with our first round of folks using the system (yeah!) I had several applicants, when I queried about their LOI still in draft, let me know they didn't know how to delete an unitendeded duplicate LOI, or one they decided not to submit. It was an easy thing for me to "Abandon" their request, but it would be time-saving to give the applicant the opportunity to "Abandon" or "Withdraw" a request themselves.

posted June 12, 2013 by Kate Shirah, John Rex Endowment

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  18 comments  ·  Statuses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Grantee Application Access

Hi Foundant,

Is there anyway to make all forms assigned to an applicant availble to them immediately once they have been assigned? It seems we have had numerous grantees emailing us lately because they need access to a follow up, but can't get to it because our office needs to go in and mark any previous forms complete. I am sure there is a 'method behind the madness' here, but it sure would help our efficiency as well as the grantees to know exactly when each follow up is due rather than only being able to see one form at…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  12 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base