GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

160 results found

1. Such a pain to have to type my email in every time I send a non template email!!

If not a drop down choice of the admin and director, perhaps a default to the person who is signed in?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your time in the idea lab. 

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

2. Is there a way to create a central location for shared files, examples, templates, etc.? Sometimes, you can find what you are looking for by spending time going through all the Q&As. It would be helpful to have a "Resources" folder, with subfolders for GLM, SLM, CSuite, then further broken down into email templates, examples, follow-up forms. It would be a great place to share and compare!

If this already exists please point me in the right direction.

EDITED TO ADD...This would also be a great place for all of the Foundant staff to share all of their great templates,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

3. I vote for batch email support of primary contacts. These are key people we communicate with in addition to the associated applicants. Please add.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

4. When sending an email it would be extremely helpful to have the user contacts and groups that are already in system to choose from from the TO button like you do in outlook rather than having to find and type them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I wish there was a "date last notified" column on the dashboard. This way I can track which students I have emailed already without having to go to the communications page. We had that in our old system and it was very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

6. Would it be possible to allow HTML code to be included in Comment Boxes as valid characters? When I save external email threads as copied and pasted email from outlook, it copies the HTML code < and > in front of and end of the email address. I always get the error HTML tags are not allowed and have to manually go in and remove at least one of the HTML symbols to save the comment. Not the end of the world, but slows me down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

7. If a student enters an incorrect email address for a third party request, the system tells the student the email was sent. We would like to see if there is a way for the system to notify the student the email address was incorrect/invalid.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When assigning a grant to a first-stage evaluator, if that person has also been listed as a collaborator on the grant, they will not receive the email notification and instead the notification to evaluate the grant will be sent to the grant applicant. This is a bug in the system and causes confusion for the grant applicant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

9. Is there a way to remove or keep a group from receiving an email from GLM besides deactivating their account. There are times I would like group(s) to access their GLM account but consider them INELIGIBLE (or they requested to Opt Out) and I would like the ability to place group(s) in a specific batch email status so they do not receive batch email communication from GLM.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

10. I would like to see Project End Date added as a Merge Field - possibly under Request.
    In GLM, we ask applicants to provide a Project Start Date and Project End Date to their application so we can see how long they expect their project to last (and that it begins after our award date.)
    I would like to add Project End Date as a merge field in the Follow Up- Grant Report email template.such as : "project" was expected to end "project due date". Your grant report is due xx days following the end of your project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

11. When a grant has been synced to CSuite, it would be good if there was some sort of alert that could be triggered letting a GLM admin know that it was ready to be paid or had been paid. Perhaps a custom automatic email event within a process?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

12. I'd like to be able to deselect the primary contact without selecting anyone else. Currently, the only way to do this is by making the old contact's email invalid and deactivating them, adding them again, and leaving the primary button blank. This is time consuming since you then have to reassign all of the applications to the "new" contact.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right now finding information about an Evaluator's past involvement requires jumping through quite a few hoops and still doesn't give you a full picture of what they've participated in.

For examples below, we’ll use Evaluator Jim, who helped out on Evaluations with Process 1 last year (where all requests are now closed out and the process is archived), Process 2 earlier this year (where all requests are approved / denied), and is currently helping with Process 3.

Currently, if I go into “Assigned Evaluations” I can see Jim is assigned to evaluate n number of the agencies that applied to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please simplify mail merge for letters, etc. so that it is as easy an intuitive as mail merge for emails. I have been making mail merge letters for 5 years now and it's clunky and very prone to error. I was struggling with one letter, which was printing the dollar figure for the 1st installment twice. My customer support representative told me about toggling field codes on and off, which is how he found a hidden code. Such hidden codes are unacceptable. When we started with Foundant GLM in 2013, the clunky mail merge was a major downside to this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

15. When emailing to students, it would be great to include all of the parents' emails in the BCC line so they receive the email too.

Right now, it needs to be completed one at a time for each student to add the parent's email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice if the URL merge field that can copy/pasted into an email template displayed as a hyperlink with a short name (such as "Logon"), rather than just pasting in a long website address that the recipient then has to copy and paste out of the email themselves. I was pretty surprised when I realized this is what the merge field resulted in, as its pretty unpolished looking. Thanks for considering.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Consider adding some type of date column for all the LOIs in draft form so we can easily sort by date to see how long LOIs have been languishing in draft form. And it would be great if we could email the applicant directly from there - or that may already be an option but I can't recall. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be useful to us if we could configure GLM to send a automatic emails to our board and staff, and perhaps our applicants, when we mark a submitted Qualification, "Qualification Complete".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

19. It would be really helpful to have a nickname box, particularly when it comes to sending email templates. All too often a person is known by a nickname or abbreviated name so sending an email to Dear Stephen sounds very odd when I know the person as Steve. If there is no name in the box, it could default to the first name, but if there were a name in the box, it would be handy to have the option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

20. It would be really useful if there was the possibility to add an assistant to an applicant or board member's account so that automated emails could be copied to the assistant automatically. Any chance of that happening in the future? Or anyone know how to work around it?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

• Don't see your idea?