GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Multiple contacts for a request

Most of our requests/grants have more than one contact. I understand why there is only one log-in, but it would be great if we could link additional contacts to a request or at least be able to list them on the Request Summary. Currently, we have added questions to the application, but have to open the application to view the additional contacts.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a "recently searched" list

It would be great if there was a running live list of organizations or requests that I've recently searched for or had open--like maybe the last 10 or so. Sometimes things come up and I have to go back into an organization's page that I was just in, and have to type it all over again in the search box. Would be great if I could just click it!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Touchbase around this idea as we start to think about handling saved searches.

I like the idea of the last ten results as a saved search, however, are there other examples of saved searches.

Would it be help to save a search on request & decisions with certain criteria? For example Request Status Approved with in the last month.

Also, would these saved searches be Foundation wide or user specific?

Let me know what you think!
    Sammie

3. "Withdrawn" option

Hi- not sure if others have requested this but any possible
    way you guys can add a "withdrawn" option just like:
    "Denied", "Abandoned" and "Approved". Thank you!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. being able to sort follow up reports by approval date

I am running serial reports on a follow up in batches as they are reviewed and marked complete. It would be nice to be able to filter these reports by the approval date. Right now I can only sort by initial submit date or date modified. If the report was modified after submission by one our administrators - for instance if we had to contact the grantee for additional information, that date effects our ability to run serial reports based on the last report run. Simple solution - add date completed for follow ups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic emails at Approval and Denial stage

We had a thought that the system should be able to automatically send emails at the approval and denial stages in granting. My thoughts are that we could setup a template that uses merged fields to email applicants whether they are approved or denied. Thoughts?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,
    Thanks for the feedback. A couple things:

1. Since we’ve added merge functionality, it is pretty easy to achieve what is being asked for here by doing a batch email from either the Search Requests and Decisions page (for approvals and denials) or from the Approved bucket.

2. There are a lot of requests for more automatic notifications, and it’s challenging at this point to be able to add them in a manner that keeps the system simple to manage. We are continuing to evaluate requests for notifications.

Thanks,
    -chris

6. Batch assign follow ups?

How about batch assigning follow ups? Otherwise I have go into each approved grant and assign follow ups on an individual basis, when all of the follow ups for that cycle are due the same date.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

I am moving this request back to under consideration. It definitely still on our radar, and probably in year to 18th month time frame.

Right now we are trying to decide if just auto assigning the follow ups solves the batch issue. We definitely understand not wanting to touch every great. I would love to understand more the pain point and scenario for follow up batch assignment that everyone is trying to solve.

Best
    sammie.

7. Shared Documents

I'd like to see the "grants manager" and "auditor" roles added as options in the shared documents folder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Flag" an Organization

Periodically we have organizations we need to flag because of various reasons: Not to Apply Again, Budget Questions, or Other...it really all depends on multiple things. But, we need to dig around in the Organization Comments or Request Comments to find specific notes.

With different staff members taking calls from applicants, we are not getting cohesive notes at times, or someone missed something and spoke too soon.

An example is letting an applicant know they can reapply in the next round, when another staff member had indicated that their last grant was, literally, to be their last grant.

If there…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Evaluating Follow-up submissions

The ability to have an optional Evaluation stage to Follow-up forms would be helpful for some clients. The genesis for this idea came from an earlier discussion area post. Please use this post for any further comments.

Let the conversation begin! Thank you,

-raymond

Here is the original post:

I am a new Foundant user. Prior to using the Foundant system, when a grantee mailed us a grant report, our two staff members would review it (especially the employee who was "in charge" of a particular grant), then we would copy it and enclose it in the (snail-mailed) docket for…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. All grantee users should be able to see follow up assignments and question list for follow up in organization history

I love that we can allow all users to see the organization's request history - we just put this into place. However, they can't see who the follow ups are assigned to, and can't see the question list for the follow up - will that eventually be added? (I'm sure it's complex technologically.) It would be so helpful if they could see, "oh, Emily the CFO is currently set up to submit the follow up, and I can contact the funder to get it assigned to me now that Emily has left the organization." or even "oh, Emily has access…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show "date last modified" in workflow list for draft LOIs, applications, and followups

It would be helpful to show the date last modified on the workflow page that lists applications, LOIs, or followups that are in draft form. (Much as the date submitted is shown for submitted applications, LOIs, and followups.) This way I could tell at a glance whether applicants are progressing on their drafts. https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/975796/Image1.jpg?1382554177

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy and paste questions when creating a form

Some of the forms I have created have similar questions in different sections. When creating the form, it would be convenient to be able to duplicate a question and tweak it, rather than create it again from scratch. I think this would be a big time saver. Thanks!

Idea posted October 12, 2011 by Robert Williams, Virginia Department of Transportation

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Attachments on Follow-Ups

Currently, we have to go into each follow-up individually to open the attachments (example: grant budgets), but we can run a report of all the questions. It would be nice to have a way to run a report that downloaded all the attachments as well, instead of just the name of the attachment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Would anyone else like to see Declined grants in the Dashboard?

I love the quick Dashboard view to see what has been submitted, granted, etc. but would also like the same info at a glance for the number grants which have been declined. There doesn't seem to a be a "one click" way to view this info.

posted August 5, 2011 by Alison King, The Ron Joyce Foundation

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. LOI decline vs application decline

We would love to be able to see whether a past grant was declined at the LOI stage or the application stage on the organization summary page. Currently, the application status simply says "denied" if a grant was declined, but for us it is important to know at which stage a past grant was declined. As it is now, we have to go through multiple steps, looking at what we have from the applicant and determining if it is a full application. Simply stating that information on the organization summary page would make this an even better "at a glance"…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Exporting Comments

Would it be possible to build in the functionality to to export Organization Comments? (Ideally, I'd find it really helpful if both the Comments & the Organization description could be included in the pdf produced by "Print Organization Packet", but failing that any kind of export functionality for comments would be great!)

The same question also applies for project comments (we just happen to use the organization ones more).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. foundation assigned grant numbers

We use a grant number that we assign after an application is submitted. The number reflects the year and order received within the year. We have historically used this number to a great extent and have created a field for it in GMS. The place we really miss it is on all of the Open Requests screens where the headings are proscribed and include Process, Organization, Applicant, Project. Does anyone else long for the opportunity to have Number reflected there? Has anyone found a good way to work around that? If we want to get the number to show up…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have grantees update/confirm contact information before they can submit a new request/report

I would like grantees to be directed to a page where they have to update or confirm their organization and contact information before they can proceed to submitting a new LOI, grant, or report. This would put updates on the shoulders of the organizations rather than me.

posted April 19, 2012 by Amy Moore , last edited May 23, 2012, O.P. & W.E. Edwards Foundation

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Saving all documents in one packet

I would really love a way to export all documents, applications, evaluations etc. for an org (for each particular process) all at once rather than downloading and saving each item individually.

For example, Grantee A: LOI, LOI Eval, App, App Eval and any other docs or processed they completed for a particular grant.

This would be incredibly helpful for filing purposes to have everything in one place/merged into one document.

Currently, we have to go to each separate proccess to create packets and save...very time consumming!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mulitple Addresses under Org

We often give to organizations who in turn fund other individuals (actual grant recipient) in separate locations. It would be great if we could have both the general organization info as well as a place for contact info for individual recipient. Sometimes, we even give to one organization with multiple grants, each eventually funding different individuals around the world. I am somewhat new to this so I may be missing something...

Idea posted June 15, 2011 by Amity Wicks, Rivendell Stewards Trust

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base