GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Integrate budget into application

We often ask grant applicants to include a copy of their budget. It would be helpful if a budget form could actually be included in the application process, rather than as just a separate file upload.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

Thank you for the feedback thus far.

I think we are leaning towards the idea of denotating specific fields to be reportable. Do you have examples of the fields you would most like report on?

As for calculations which ones do you need? we know sum for sure, are there others?

More to come!
    sammie

2. Batch Print

I would love an option to batch print every application in each process. Currently I need to go in to each application and open the PDF to print. Would be nice to be able to select all and print.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Batch assign follow ups?

How about batch assigning follow ups? Otherwise I have go into each approved grant and assign follow ups on an individual basis, when all of the follow ups for that cycle are due the same date.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

I am moving this request back to under consideration. It definitely still on our radar, and probably in year to 18th month time frame.

Right now we are trying to decide if just auto assigning the follow ups solves the batch issue. We definitely understand not wanting to touch every great. I would love to understand more the pain point and scenario for follow up batch assignment that everyone is trying to solve.

Best
    sammie.

4. Evaluating Follow-up submissions

The ability to have an optional Evaluation stage to Follow-up forms would be helpful for some clients. The genesis for this idea came from an earlier discussion area post. Please use this post for any further comments.

Let the conversation begin! Thank you,

-raymond

Here is the original post:

I am a new Foundant user. Prior to using the Foundant system, when a grantee mailed us a grant report, our two staff members would review it (especially the employee who was "in charge" of a particular grant), then we would copy it and enclose it in the (snail-mailed) docket for…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Flag" an Organization

Periodically we have organizations we need to flag because of various reasons: Not to Apply Again, Budget Questions, or Other...it really all depends on multiple things. But, we need to dig around in the Organization Comments or Request Comments to find specific notes.

With different staff members taking calls from applicants, we are not getting cohesive notes at times, or someone missed something and spoke too soon.

An example is letting an applicant know they can reapply in the next round, when another staff member had indicated that their last grant was, literally, to be their last grant.

If there…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple contacts for a request

Most of our requests/grants have more than one contact. I understand why there is only one log-in, but it would be great if we could link additional contacts to a request or at least be able to list them on the Request Summary. Currently, we have added questions to the application, but have to open the application to view the additional contacts.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the "Edit" on the Follow up Reports Bigger, Bolder or more obvious. Grantees can't see it!

Grantees are frequently asking where do they enter their follow up reports. It's just not obvious on their Dashboard.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Michele and Pele,

Thank you both for your thoughts full feedback. We have heard this request before, and are looking at how we can make the follow accessibility and editing easier for applicants.

Do you believe increasing font size would be enough? Or do you have other thoughts on how to make this stand out to your applicants?

Best
    Sammie

8. Make "Other" option on Checkbox questions fillable

For checkbox questions, there should be an option to add "Other" and allow the applicant to fill in a small text box

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Logan,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was able to have a discussion with the development team around how we think this could work.

We imagine it available on all list type questions. When building your list question you you would see a check mark that says allow optional, must like you see allow N/A on scoring questions.
    When check other would be added to your list items and then if selected the applicant would see a box titled other.

The place we are still curious about is reporting? Would you want to see the information in cell for examples Other; whatever text they entered or would text need to be its own field code?

best
    sammie

9. Allow grantees to submit a follow-up before the previous one has been marked "complete"

Allow grantees to submit a follow-up before the previous one has been marked "complete." Currently, grantees are unable to submit final reports before we internally have marked the interim reports as complete. There should be a feature that enables us to choose whether grantees can submit the next follow-up before the previous one is marked as "complete"

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Board Member Access to Follow Up Reports

The process to access Follow Up reports for our board members is certainly cumbersome, and discourages board members from using the online data (read this as I have to produce paper copies of each follow-up). A folder on their Dashboard would be helpful; and at a minimum, it would be useful to have a "Return to Follow Ups Submitted" option, so that they don't have to go all the way back to Requests and Decisions to pull up each report.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy and paste questions when creating a form

Some of the forms I have created have similar questions in different sections. When creating the form, it would be convenient to be able to duplicate a question and tweak it, rather than create it again from scratch. I think this would be a big time saver. Thanks!

Idea posted October 12, 2011 by Robert Williams, Virginia Department of Transportation

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show "date last modified" in workflow list for draft LOIs, applications, and followups

It would be helpful to show the date last modified on the workflow page that lists applications, LOIs, or followups that are in draft form. (Much as the date submitted is shown for submitted applications, LOIs, and followups.) This way I could tell at a glance whether applicants are progressing on their drafts. https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/975796/Image1.jpg?1382554177

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Form Builder - Columns and Calculations

Just a couple ideas...

1. Would love it would be nice if we had columns and the ability to span each field across columns, i.e. 1/3 and 2/3 or 1/3, 1/3 or 1/3. This would really cut down on the length of the form, imagine City. State, and Zip on one line.

2. If I did have columns, how great would it be to have fields that would do calculations. This would be a great feature for a budget.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Thank for your feedback around columns and formulas in application.

I would love a little more information:
    1) do you need all of the data in table type question to be available in reporting OR would you want things like the total to be flagged and only those cartain fields be reportable?

2) what is the average size of these table 3×12 for examples?

Thanks for your thoughts as we considering implementing this into the solution.

Sammie

14. One place to view all documents

As it works now, we can upload documents to an organization or request and applicants upload documents into our letter of inquiry, application and follow-up forms. The downside is that when we go to look for a document, we have to know exactly where it was uploaded.

It would be amazing to have one place on the Organization Summary page where we can see all uploaded documents for that organization in one place, with columns showing when the document was uploaded, which Project Name it is associated with, which form it is located in, etc. It would also be amazing…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Julie,

Thanks much for the suggestion. Internally, we have discussed something like this to help improve access to documents as we have realized it can be a pain point for users. I really appreciate the details you provide here in the suggestion – that definitely helps me understand more completely what you’re looking for.

I’m not sure when we may be able to tackle this, and I can’t promise that our implementation will match exactly what you’re proposing, but I do think we need to start considering adding something like this.

Thanks again for taking time to provide feedback!
    -chris

15. Scholarship communication with applicants via text

Many students do not check their emails or voicemails on a regular basis. Some do not even set up their voicemail boxes. Texting is their primary mode of communication. Having the capability of texting messages to the applicant might speed up their response to our requests.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would anyone else like to see Declined grants in the Dashboard?

I love the quick Dashboard view to see what has been submitted, granted, etc. but would also like the same info at a glance for the number grants which have been declined. There doesn't seem to a be a "one click" way to view this info.

posted August 5, 2011 by Alison King, The Ron Joyce Foundation

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Shared documents for applicants to use in applications

Now that Foundant GLM is used by so many foundations, perhaps it would be useful for applicants to be able to load documents in something like Shared Documents that they could insert into applications. Such documents could include Annual Reports, Board Members, Current Major Donors, Current Operating Budget, Audit, Letters of Support, Letters from Collaborators. It would be the applicant's responsibility to keep these Shared Documents up to date. Pulling these Shared Documents into an Application could be a time saver for applicants.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    Merged to similar ideas together so we can see the discussion in one spot.

While we have heard this in the idea lab and in multiple user groups and you fly, we buys I believe we still have some outstanding questions before this hit the GLM roadmap.

1) Is this on the request or organization level or both?
    2) would you want to limit the number of documents someone could upload, labeling specifically what needs to be uploaded? A concern that we have heard in the past is just an open upload area might be filtered with clutter, thoughts on that?
    3) Do they need due dates/expiration dates? How will you know they a still current?

Thoughts are just a couple thoughts I have right off the bat. Thanks for helping to continue the conversation.
    Sammie

18. Communication Tracking

Please consider adding a feature to document within the system a communications and activity log for organizations. All staff could access this log to monitor our engagement and verify information. It could be used for phone calls, emails, site visits, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Debbie,

This is something we’ve discussed internally. Our idea at this point is to allow administrators, within an organization’s record, to added comments coded as different types of communication (such as phone call, in person visit, email), etc. This would not be int he same section as the current comments are, but it would be more of a communication-manager.

That said, we haven’t gone into a lot of detail with this yet. If you have more detail you could add to your suggestion, I’d be grateful to get a better idea of what you have in mind.

Thanks,
    -chris

19. Reminder Features

We do not have any reminder features in GLM. That would be a great thing to add. Something to remind me to send out an email within the system so that I don't have to set up an external reminder.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Minerva,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have recently been discussing the idea of adding task items to GLM.

These could be actions to assign to yourself or other users in the systems. This seems like it would accomplish what you are looking for but would love to hear more feedback from you and others.

Thanks
    -chris

20. duplicates

Duplicate organization Fix - For all new User accounts I would like to suggest that the organization be available as a pop-up selection options vs initially creating the organization. This could cut down on the many duplicate fixs still be experienced in the system.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base