GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. We carry information on our Approval form that is relevant to payments. I would guess this is true for many of your users. I'd like the ability to add a column from our Approval form to the Payment Tracking list; specifically, the agreement type - we need to know if a grant was made under expenditure responsibility before making a payment. We can go look, but it would help prevent errors in our process if the information was right there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your time in the idea lab. 

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

2. We have many processes while only 5 or so are toggled on at a time. The others are either not ready to be archived, or not ready to be toggled on. It would clean up the page to have a third collapsable menu with all the processes that are inactive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

3. I have added color coding in my ad-hoc email templates (those that aren't assigned to a particular event) to alert me to those parts that I need to customize. Sometimes it's simply to alert me to either keep or delete a section of text, and I'll have that whole section's font set to red. If I want to keep the text for the particular email, I select the text and click on the Text Color option in the rich text formatting menu. I'd like to simply revert the text to the system default, but that's not an option. I must…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

4. I noticed that when selecting custom columns available application, follow-up, etc. form shows up when selecting them, even if you only have one process selected. It would be more useful to only display the application, follow-ups, etc. that are associated with that particular process when selecting fields for custom columns.

Let's say, for example, that you want to review final reports from one process. I notice that when you use this feature and setup custom columns, every

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

5. The describe your idea box is quite small and can only accommodate a few sentences. This text box makes it difficult when trying to think through larger more complex ideas to have to scroll up and down. It often results in mistakes and unclear thoughts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

6. Set and hold the default for forms to be collapsed rather than expanded. Only expand when the user asks to display or when they tab/navigate from the end of one section to another. Having forms fully expanded makes navigation a nuisance for both applicants and admins working to design and modify forms, particularly when they are lengthy. Evaluators experience the same when reviewing applications. The current experience is clunky and frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

7. We have just discovered that LOIs that are abandoned show up to applicants as LOI Decision Undecided. I think this is not only incorrect but also confusing to applicants. It's not unusual for applicants to start two LOIs by accident. Unfortunately, when the organization then goes in to work on the application, they are confused because the dashboard indicates in one area that the Foundation has not made a decision about their LOI. I think that if LOIs or Applications are abandoned that the applicant's dashboard should indicate the LOI / applications was never completed and or abandoned.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

8. I'd like to request that after a request is deleted, that we not be directed back to the dashboard.

I have needed to delete several requests under an organization profile as the applicant has created more than one draft that they were not planning to use, and they wanted to clean up their history (which we encourage also). It is a little finicky to be directed back to the Dashboard if you are doing more than one deletion, or you planned to do some other clean up on the organization or make a note of the request to delete files…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I really like the new feature where an organization's grants are listed chronologically (most recent on top). What I would find really helpful would be to move the tab for "Enter Grant" to the top of the section so I don't have to scroll down to the bottom to enter a new grant. I also think that perhaps the tab should be moved to the right of the page like the view, edit and delete buttons.

posted January 24, 2013 by Mara Yarp, Morgan Family Foundation

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The process of entering payments takes too many clicks and is not smooth process. Once you select the agency to enter the payment there is a double option of "Make/View Payment". Then you have to select payment again and then you have to scroll down. The screen for entering payment should be user friendly. Also, you cannot tab through the fields because it hangs up on the date field. We enter a lot a payments and would like a more fluid process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is little, but it would be nice to see the "progress" bar in Payment Tracking. Right now I am over budget (which I'm ok with), but it turns the bar red and I can't see my payment progress for the budget timeline. It would be nice to see it still. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We would love to see an additional drop-down menu in the dashboard for the different follow-up forms. Right now, we can see all the forms that are submitted for each process, but we really only tackle one form type at a time (Payment Requests, Progress Reports, etc.). So, it would be beneficial to have an additional drop-down menu that allowed us to see just the form we need to process. Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work, Foundant!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With the latest versions of GLM, Foundant can provide sign-in alerts to their clients. It would be nice if that functionality could be extended to the clients for use with their applicants. I would like to be able to have a pop-up that could say that deadlines have been extended, etc.

jim

posted July 18, 2013 by Jim Beck, Parkinson's Disease Organization

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be helpful if organizations that use (The) in their names can be organized (Sort By) alphabetically throughout the entire software (Application Submitted, Complete, Open, Closed, Granted, etc). Currently, "Sort By" only works properly under the Contacts-Organizations' list.

Thanks!

Rossana

posted July 19, 2011 by Rossana Martinez, Lily Auchincloss Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Greetings,

As part of our review process we have two evaluators for the application.

It would have been immensely helpful to have evaluator ratings side by side. Currently, this doesn't occur anywhere (evaluation summary pages; application evaluation page) so we are doing exports to see this information. This affected how we facilitated our process and our Board meeting since it required an additional document external to Foundant.

It seems like this should be a feature within Foundant so we don't have to leave the site in order to have that comparison. I realize this might get messy for organizations that…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Our organization has a board/advisory committee that evaluates applications and scores them according to strengths/weaknesses etc.

Foundant has created a great way to see how a committee member has scored each particular proposal. Since committee members are reviewing many applications, someone suggessted that it might be nice to have a progress bar at the top of the application list so each committee member has a quick snapshot of how far along they are reviewing all the applications.

I've included a screen shot (edited of course) of what this potentially could look like. The progress bar could include how many they've…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  5 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We e-mail approval to successful applicants and it would be very handy to have a "Send E-Mail" button at the bottom of the page where you have entered payment(s) and follow ups. As it stands now, you have to go back into the LOI or application to find that button (in less I've missed something). Thanks! Joan

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

18. To check applications for completeness or if I have a question or concern, my work flow often involves checking the most recent 990 against information provided in the application form (income, expenses, board size and make up, etc). Unfortunately, while I can do a Charity Check inside of a project, I have to leave the application and exit the project to bring up the 990. Sometimes I am on top of it and open the 990 before I get into the application but usually, I enter the application from the Application Submitted tab on the dashboard which takes me right…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  4 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?