GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Add Resubmission Date under Follow Ups/Submitted tab

Please either add a column that is a Resubmitted date, or modify the date that is shown under Submitted to be the most recent date the form is submitted. It only shows the original submission date. Often, after reviewing payment request forms, we revert the form back to Draft so grantee can correct/complete form and resubmit. But when we look at Submitted tab it still shows their original submission date, not the date they submitted their corrected version. We like that we can export the Submitted date...thanks for implementing that! Enhancing with above suggestion will make that feature all the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Dates are an interesting conversation so thank you for chiming in.

As we start thinking about dates overall I would like to get my understanding around dates people may care about on all form types:
    -date started
    -date last modified
    -original submit date
    -most recent submit date
    -date assigned

Am I missing any?
    Thanks for helping us think about this
    sammie

2. chart

Have automatic addition for the sum of two or more answers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to view attached documents rather than automatically download them

Would it be possible to view an attached document first, rather than automatically downloading it when clicking on it? It would be nice to see what you are downloading first. In addition, it would be nice to have an option to print vs. download.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add upcoming payments due to dashboard

It would be helpful to see a list of upcoming grant payment deadlines on the dashboard. Perhaps each process or grant could be set up to have a 15 or 30 day notification window. Needing to run a report seems like too many steps for something so central to our operations. Thanks for considering it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Previewing Side by Side Evaluations

As an Administrator, it would be nice to be able to preview this feature. Currently when side by side is selected, but I choose to Preview the form as a Reviewer, it looks like it always has and does not truly show how they view the form. This would help to make sure that I have the feature selected when wanted. And would be really handy as I send screenshots to evaluators to train them on what they will see. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. put a search box on the dashboard

A large percentage of the time, when I log in, I'm doing so because I want to check something about a particular organization. I wish that there were a search box on the dashboard - this seems like a standard thing for most websites. Right now, there's an extra step in that I have to go to the organization search page. I don't know if you can do this with the current software architecture, but it would be great to have just one box that would search all fields for both organizations and contacts - and then if I need…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. organization documents that applicant can upload to, in a key place on dashboard

We keep insurance certificates and audits on file for our applicants (who submit multiple applications per year). We don't want them to have to upload these key documents over and over again to every single application or followup that they submit.

I would like there to be a key place on their dashboard where these documents are visible, and where the applicant can submit an update (if any). That way the applicant can check whether we have the latest one before applying for a new grant. It would be great, too, if that field could be pulled into the application…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Draft Follow Ups Separated by Form Name

On the Dashboard it would be nice to separate the follow up forms into their own sections, having one for each type of form. For example, have one section for just the Grant Agreements, one for the Interim Reports, and one for the Final Reports, instead of having all the follow ups lumped together.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set up notifications/reminders for Evaluators, like Applicant reminders

Wouldn't it be great if Evaluators were not only notified that an LOI had been assigned to them, but then they received automated reminders that the deadline to respond was approaching - like Bill Pay Reminders! If I were the Evaluator I would be notified that an LOI had been assigned to me and then notified that it was 10 days, 15 days, 20 days without a response. Of course, you'd have the option to turn it on or off and selected when you'd like the reminders, depending on the process. A bit like how the Applicant is notified when…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Request Documents > Enable > Multiple file upload

Rather than uploading one file at a time, enable batch uploads. Thanks!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tracking Touchpoints

There is no way to get one clear shot of engagement/touchpoints with organizations. Should there be unexpected turnover within an organization, their Foundant profile should have a feature to track the following:

1) Site Visits (with notes and person in attendance)
    2) Phone Calls (with notes and person in attendance)
    3) Events (with notes and person in attendance)
    4) E-mails (with notes)

Right now, we have to track this information on spreadsheets, which leaves a lot a room for human error. Without a feature like this, Foundant is very limited in its ability to manage the Grant Cycle process!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GuideStar Levels

Part of our criteria to submit an application is to have a level of GuideStar at Silver or higher. We currently have to manually check for this or during the Charity Check and select some other area. If you don't know where to look, it can be difficult and tedious.

Would be nice to incorporate as a question into the application that get's pulled in from GuideStar and/or part of the Quick Export on application submitted.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple Applications in Draft

We tend to have a problem with the same organization creating multiple applications in draft. I think some people log in to look at what info is required in the application but tend not to fill in any information. Then, they log in at a later time to fill it out and start a new one.

I think it would be nice if the application doesn't "autosave" if there is no information filled in. I spend time abandoning a lot of blank applications. It might also help if users got a notification like "You already have an application in draft,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Third party accessibility in a review tab

Currently have “submitted” and “completed” tabs. As scholarships are received, I review them and like to push them through to completed but with third party cannot do this. Would like another tab where reviewed scholarships could be saved and the third party link would still function. Some of the third party responses could take up to two months for completion. I review over 700 scholarship applications in a 3-month period and this would tidy up my workspace. Currently have to keep a spreadsheet of student's names so I know who has been reviewed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow scholarship recipients to be "alternates" in addition to either awarded or denied

We always select an "alternate" for each scholarship and each year end up awarding an alternate or two because the original recipient changes their plans or no longer meets the scholarship criteria (changes schools, majors, etc.). Being an alternate is different than a straight out denial. There should be a way to transfer the payment (or remaining payments) from one awardee to the alternate as there is in Community Suite.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy Evaluation Forms

I would like to be able to make copies of forms. It seems odd that you can't "save" an original version of a form and then make a v2 with new edits and tweaks but rather have to create from scratch each time.

If this is with all forms, then I would request copy function for all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Side by Side View for Evaluations - Some suggestions...

Love the idea of the Evaluation Side by Side view! Although I would like to see two important things brought into this view.

The Send Email button that would appear at the bottom of the LOI or Application used to say "Email [Applicant's Name]" - it doesn't appear anymore. It is not at the bottom of the "Your Evaluation" in side by side, where you can Deny Request, or Save the evaluation, and for some weird reason you can now Send Email to Yourself* -but not to the applicant.
    I am not sure why you might want to send yourself…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow request documents to be seen by 3rd parties as well.

For grant agreement forms, we often need an institution official to agree to the IP language or grant acceptance form. We usually have the applicant enter in a 3rd party email to complete this, but then have to rely on the applicant to also send them the document they are agreeing to. It would be helpful to have that 3rd party be able to view the request document like the applicant can.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add "synced questions" to "shared questions"

If I understand correctly... "shared questions" allow you to repeat the same question in multiple places, but changing the answer changes the answer in all places where the question shows up.

I would like something slightly different - a "synced question" - in which the question is the same in multiple places, and the answer is different in each of those places. But I would like to keep the feature where edits to the question instructions in one place copy automatically to all other places where the question is (as is already possible with "shared questions").

Why: In one of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move the NEW administrator comments pop up box

Can the NEW administrator comments pop up box move instead of being stationary---blocking the question being commented on? It would be super helpful! Please, and thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base