GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Increase Character Limits for List Questions

When building list questions on forms, such as checkbox questions on applications and follow-up forms, there is a 100 character limit. It would be beneficial to my organization if the limit could be increased. Does anyone else find this to be so? Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Naming a Follow-Up

It would be very helpful if the name we give a Follow-Up appears on the printed version versus "Follow-Up". The purpose in naming the Follow-Up is to give it an identity and separate it from the other Follow-Ups. But when the document is printed the name is lost.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customized status updates

It would be great if the status updates could be customized so we could control which update they see and which they don't. I don't want my students seeing that they are denied but I need the selected recipients to be able to see their follow up updates. I am not able to turn them off and on again because of the time frame. The denied would need to be off until June but the follow ups need to be on in May and June. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add form or follow-up name to the status change log

On the status change log, it would be helpful to know the name of the form or follow up that caused the change in status.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Multi Currency

Hi -

I have mentioned this to several folks at Foundant, but I realize I have never posted it here. I would very much like to see a multi-currency function within Foundant. We award grants in the United States and Canada, in USD and CAD. When a grant is awarded in CAD, I would like to be able to see the award amount both CAD and award-date USD as well as enter both currency amounts (USD & CAD) at the time of payment so that I can see both currencies when I look back historically.

Thanks!
    Mariah

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow emails to be used on more than one user profile when there are no user roles defined.

We have users who only have one email address that may serve as primary contact for one organization and an applicant for another. It used to be that duplicate emails were allowed in the system if no user roles were selected. I'd love to have that ability added back in. We keep track of primary contacts on every account and these people often do not have any user roles, we are just keeping track of their contact information.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Comments when changing status

It would be helpful in the status change log to be able to make a comment when you change the status. For example, when I mark an application incomplete I would like to see in the status change log a comment I made about why.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Applicant Status Dashboard

I find "Undecided" to be a confusing status label for applicants. Might you consider "under review" instead?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jaimi,

When you say you find it to be a “confusing label”, are you getting questions from applicants?

I’m moving this to “Under Consideration.” Wording is always tough for us as so many different foundations use different terminology for the same thing. We continue to work on allowing folks to customize wording for their site, but it’s definitely a process.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    -chris

9. Have a form type that marks itself complete

Similar to an eligibility review quiz that auto-grades, I would appreciate a follow-up form that does not require review in order to be complete. We have a form, the acknowledgement of funds received, that we do not have a need to review. It would be great if it could be marked complete automatically.

Thanks for considering!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiple contacts for a request

Most of our requests/grants have more than one contact. I understand why there is only one log-in, but it would be great if we could link additional contacts to a request or at least be able to list them on the Request Summary. Currently, we have added questions to the application, but have to open the application to view the additional contacts.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include name of the report on the Run Report page

Currently I only see the name of the Data Set, but not the name of the report I am working on, on the Run Report page. When I change the filters or fields on a report and save it as a new report, it would be incredibly helpful to see the name of the report in addition to the data set.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the Apply option more visible on the applicant dashboard.

New applicants are seeking the apply option when they log in the first time. While the new format for the dashboard makes other navigation clearer, the Apply gets lost in the navigation bar at the top of the page. Suggest making the Apply option larger and bolded so it's more visible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create and email alert for Letters of Recommendation

I have several scholarships that I am awaiting letters of recommendation for. Everyday I have to click the scholarship and scroll down to see if the letters of recommendation have come in for the applicant. It would be nice to have an alert letting me know when a letter has been submitted for a student. Not sure if it's possible, but just a thought. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a "recently searched" list

It would be great if there was a running live list of organizations or requests that I've recently searched for or had open--like maybe the last 10 or so. Sometimes things come up and I have to go back into an organization's page that I was just in, and have to type it all over again in the search box. Would be great if I could just click it!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Touchbase around this idea as we start to think about handling saved searches.

I like the idea of the last ten results as a saved search, however, are there other examples of saved searches.

Would it be help to save a search on request & decisions with certain criteria? For example Request Status Approved with in the last month.

Also, would these saved searches be Foundation wide or user specific?

Let me know what you think!
    Sammie

15. Shared Documents - Access per Process

It would be very beneficial to allow Shared Documents to be uploaded per Process. Currently if you upload shared documents, all board members in other processes can also see anything that is uploaded. We are unable to use this for our committees for this reason and I have to e-mail the documents versus the board members being able to review them in Foundant.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Application Evaluation Bucket on Dashboard

I would be helpful to see "Complete" Status on the Application Evaluation dashboard. How does an Administrator know that an evaluator has completed their review except to have to click in the Application Evaluation "Assigned" - which defeats the purpose of a dashboard? Thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Electronic Grant Agreements

I am posting this on behalf of a client:

Our legal counsel was inquiring about the “time and date” stamp rationale for EGA.

The question is whether the status change log is a sufficient audit log for legal purposes. We would love to see a time and date stamp similar to what we see on the administrator end. The “this field was completed by Betty Bloomer on July 7, 2016” that is visible under the signature field would produce a sound argument of a legitimate audit trail of an electronic signature on both sides of the transaction.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Administrator Comments to be seen by evaluators

When entering in a comment in the Administrator Comment field, I can check a box that allows the comment to be seen by the applicant. I would LOVE a checkbox that allows the comment to be seen by the evaluators as well (particularly staff evaluators). Thanks for your consideration!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put the Assign Evaluators button at the top of the Application Complete form.

We have several processes that are rolling and we review applications one by one. It makes sense for the Application Complete button to be at the bottom of the form after reviewing it but then when you need to Assign Evaluators in the next step you have to scroll all the way down again to get to that button. Would be great if it was at the top of the screen!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lock the name field of a user or add pop-up message

Currently, organizations are able to edit their own user information, and they are able to edit some fields of their organization information. I encounter that when there is turnover in an organization or a change in who is responsible for reporting to the Foundation that users share their log-in information and ultimately just change the information in a user profile from the previous user to themselves. While this is convenient from a user perspective, it makes our history look like that person has done all of the previous reports, submitted the application, etc, rather than alerting us to a new…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base