GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. State of California Franchise Tax Board

I would love to see a subtab under the GuideStar Charity Check for the State of California Franchise Tax Board Revoked exempt organizations list.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/business/types/charities-nonprofits/revoked-entity-list.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Draft save of GLM emails

When the system times out when creating a GLM email you lose all the text you were working on. Just happened to me again lol! It would be fantastic if there was a draft save of the email so this work does not get lost.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Batch Create Merge Docs AND Attach to Request

Would like to be able to create Merge Documents AND attach them to the individual request in a batch rather than only being able to do them individually. Right now, if I batch create a merge document, it cannot be attached to the request. When there are a lot of requests to process, the ability to batch create the merge docs AND attach them to the request would be a time-saver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow copying of question groups within a follow up form

Please create the functionality for users to copy and paste question groups within a follow up form. This allows a user to create complex forms quickly, instead of making several forms that go up incrementally (e.g. Modification Form #1, Mod Form #2, etc.). This should all theoretically be held within one form if we opt for it to.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please let people know that if they assign follow up forms, applicants can see this info even if they haven't been notified of their award.

I asked tech support about submitting approvals and denials ahead of sending letters out to applicants. They said that I should go ahead and assign follow up forms after submitting installments. I did this, and now I've had two applicants who haven't been notified about their awards email me asking about the forms and why they haven't received a letter. The reason is b/c the letters haven't gone out. We don't want applicants to know about their awards until the letters have gone out because we don't want them announcing their awards until a later date. This has been rather…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show student/applicant name on third party response form

I submitted this idea before (about 1 year ago) but it would be helpful to have the student's/applicant's name appear on the third party response form. Currently, it only shows the "process" or "award" name. and having the student's name appear at the top of the form would help responders keep track of the student they are working on.

Some of our third parties complete a LOT of responses and I've heard from many of them that this would be really helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simplify Endowment Reporting

It would be great if there would be a way that I can link the forms update everyone who is an endowment reportee for multiple processes all at once so that I don't have to mannually do it per process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Batch option to email evaluators who are missing/have incomplete evaluations under the Application Evaluation Assigned section.

It would be nice to have a batch option to email evaluators who are missing/ have incomplete evaluations under the Application Evaluation Assigned section. Currently this batch option is only available if you are looking at a specific applications evaluation. However, this is not very helpful when you have dozens or hundreds of applications with different evaluators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. reconciliation

Every month, we reconcile our records between Foundant and our accounting software. While this isn't a problem with monetary grants, we find it very difficult to keep track of which payments for in-kind donations of goods have been reconciled each month. Especially since we operate under accrual accounting. We purchase a ton of goods and products for grantees and pantry partners each month.

It would be really great if there was a way to flag payments as reconciled - especially on the Payment Tracking page. Just like you can add payments to installations, if I could also look at past…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Branching within question groups (branched groups & individual questions)

Allow for both branched whole question groups and individual questions.

Our application has many questions within each section that could be branched, but it gets confusing to have to redirect applicants to a new section. It would be great to be able to have branched questions right within that question group/section so that all the same type of information stays under the same heading, but applicants are not having to wade through loads of "If Yes..." type questions that don't apply to them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Different automatic email for Universe submission than Opportunity submission

I would like to see a unique automatic email that is sent after the applicant submits their Universe. I want it to be 100% clear to students that they still have more work to do. I've detailed the additional steps in parts of my Universe, but I think the unique email would really drive the message home.
    I'm thinking it could be super simple, like this:

Dear {{Applicant.FirstName}},

Congratulations, your "Universal" scholarship application for {{Process.Name}} has been successfully submitted on {{Submission.InitialSubmitDate}}. Now you should know which individual scholarship opportunities you qualify for, and you can complete any Supplemental Questions for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We are having issues with syncing grants and scholarships.

I wish syncing were not based on EXACT matches. For example, if an applicant puts Minnesota instead of MN it will NOT sync over. Couldn't a drop box listing states be created for applicants to eliminate this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding vendors and partners to our grantee database

Teachers are the grantees. The arts and science venues and bus transportation companies are key vendors and partners. We'd like to communicate with all parties concerned to deliver an awesome experience when awarding our grants.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow change to LOI title

We don't call it an "LOI" and it doesn't operate like one. We'd prefer it to be listed as a "Preliminary Application" or something else. Would be a nice feature if possible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rank Order Evaluation

We would like the option to to Rank Order applications during Evaluation in lieu of giving a percentage score. For example, if there are 30 applications, only 1 application is given #1, one application #2 and so on. This option would be much easier for our Reviewers. In some cases, it is their preferred method of scoring.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sorting

Keep it simple. SORT SORT SORT, should be a simple click of the header and not MANUALLY sort. Good grief!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SLM

I'd like to see new tutorials for the SLM process. The current ones often use screens from GLM (organization vs user language...)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Administrator to submit for applicant

It would be helpful to allow Admins to submit for an applicant. We have instances of students/nonprofits completing their application but not hitting the submit button before the deadline. It is cumbersome to change the deadline for that applicant, proxy in as them (or have them sign in) to click submit. It's especially time intensive for SLM UA where a student has multiple opportunities, and therefore, multiple places where a deadline would need to be changes.

Similarly to reverting an application status, it would be nice to be able to progress an application from the admin side.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Payment Tracker Icon

Would it be possible to change the payment tracker thumbs up/thumbs down to something else, maybe like the Sync Approved Toggle Button? Or change the color - green for approved, gray for unapproved? Right now scrolling through trying to find a few installments that haven't been approved is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base