GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1224 results found

1. We make our grant payments via direct deposit, and we follow up every payment with a follow up form called "Acknowledgement of Funds Received" form. This form is attached to specific installments and asks the grantee to confirm the amount received in transfer. I would love to be able to pull installment amount into these forms.

My example would be to add an "installment amount" question to the follow up form that pulls the installment amount of the specific installment the form is assigned to. I think this could also be helpful for other use cases now that the installments…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When you have grant committee meetings and evaluations are conducted (review of applications and site visits), it'd be nice to have start/end dates per evaluation. We currently have 2 evaluations to due however, the start/end dates are only for the application. By having the dates, this prevents evaluators to revised their answers...not cool!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I copy text from a word file or pdf and paste it into the instructions field of a question after saving the changes the system adds a space after the text so that the answer box is not directly under the instructions. If I go back and edit the text and make ANY change to the text, the space disappears. Doesn't matter what source I am copying from and I checked to make sure there isn't a secret space I wasn't aware of when copying. It sounds minor, but it adds time, and if I don't fix it, it…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be useful to be able to display/generate the unique request id on application forms. This id is available on reports, but it would be helpful if there was a simple mechanism to provide it to applicants for the sake of referencing their application.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your time in the idea lab. 

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

5. I'd like to be able to sync fields in my database. A template or process to help me do this would be helpful. Keeping a clean database is creates efficiencies in reporting and creating merge templates.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

6. It would be nice in SLM to be able to email everyone (at one time) that has received a 3rd party email a reminder that they have outstanding requests from an applicant.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest that file upload questions be allowed to be shared questions. We have a question in our qualification that requires the upload of an applicant's financial statement if they do not file a 990. Unfortunately, because a file upload question cannot presently be a shared question, we either have to look back at the qualification when reviewing such an applicant's LOI and application, or request that they upload the financial statement again with the LOI and the application. It seems that allowing a file upload question to be a shared question will save time all around.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, it is possible to click "Share" on a stand alone scholarship process so that evaluators can see each other's scoring per student, however that function is not available in the universal application. We have over 140 scholarships, and our evaluators appreciate being able to see each other's scoring to make sure the evaluation committee is on the same page. Can this functionality be added to the UA as well?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It should be possible to use questions that utilize branching and access all of the branched options within a regular question group (very similar to qualtrix, where you can have a regular question mixed in with a question with branching in a single section).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like to see new tutorials for the SLM process. The current ones often use screens from GLM (organization vs user language...)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm working on Financial Followup Assignment Notifications and discovered that none of the Approved stage merge fields are available to insert in the email templates. Everything up to "Approved" is available. We use grant numbers as a key identifier with our grantees. I was going to add the grant number field as a merge field in an email template, but can't do so.

This will be more time consuming for me, since I will now have to take an extra step in our assignment notifications. Hopefully Foundant will be able to add Approved fields as an option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. You know how we get pop ups from Foundant regarding GLM updates or notices about updates or changes made? Is there a way we can provide a pop up to our grant evaluators so when they log in, for example, they would see “Don’t forget evaluations are due 01/22!” or "Our next meeting is on 03/15." We are trying to find a way to lessen our email communications and be a bit more strategic and streamlined in our messaging.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

13. We would like the option to to Rank Order applications during Evaluation in lieu of giving a percentage score. For example, if there are 30 applications, only 1 application is given #1, one application #2 and so on. This option would be much easier for our Reviewers. In some cases, it is their preferred method of scoring.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Administrator Comments Viewable to Collaborators
    It would be extremely helpful to have visible to applicant administrator comments in follow up forms also visible to the collaborators who are editing and submitting those forms as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, if a follow-up (say a grant report) is assigned to the original applicant, the applicant can use the Collaborator feature from any form. But if the grant report needs to be reassigned to a new individual (which happens often), the new person assigned the report cannot use Collaborator, unless the entire request is reassigned to them. This means if there are three follow-ups associated with a request, each one to be completed by a different individual, the entire request has to be reassigned 3 times. This creates a lot of unnecessary confusion for the nonprofit. It would be great…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be helpful to have the applicant's/student's name appear in the "third party response" form. Currently, it only shows the "school name" and the "process name". Having the applicant name would help third parties keep track of the response they are currently working on.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to have a data set for Organizations. Similar to what you have for evaluations, payments, installments, etc.

"One Row Per Organization: Each organization is represented by its own row."

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto-email when a payment is entered so that it can trigger an email to grantee to expect payment.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be very helpful to be able to let our Evaluation 2 panelists see what the Evaluation 1 panelists said, before the Evaluation 2 panelists start their evaluation form.
    Also: I thought that what I described above is what the "Share" checkbox in the Process Manager allowed, but after asking Support I was told that only allows panelists to see other panelists viewing the same form (so, Evaluation 1 panelists can only see other Evaluation 1 panelists' answers). It would be helpful to clarify that in the training documentation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it would be very helpful to have the approved amount awarded to an organization populated on the applicant dashboard. It is not intuitive or easy for an applicant to retrieve that information.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

• Don't see your idea?