GLM Idea Lab

1. Add county to the organization info

It would be helpful to have the county of an organization as a field in the organization profile since we are a regional foundation that serves specific counties. Currently we work around it by using the country field for the county but one must remember the work around when pulling reports.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email merge from Foundant

It would be great to have the capability to execute an email merge for our decision notifications from within Foundant. Currently we have to generate a data set from Foundant and use that data set externally in Word to do an email merge.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the GLM 6.9.0 release tonight, October 4, you can now create merge fields in your email templates and preview emails before sending. Note that not every field is available for merging. However, most common ones are.

Please contact support to have this turned on.

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback!

3. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Applicant's name to third party email "Subject"

Add the Applicant's name to the third party email "Subject" line. This will be especially useful for guidance counselors who receive multiple (sometimes tens of) emails. It will make it much easier for our third party responders to organize their responses.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Angela,

Now that email merge is available you can customize the email going to your third parties, and when doing so you can add student name merge fields to the subject line.

That said if you don’t want to edit your existing template please note that the body of all third party emails contains the Applicant Details as part of the body of the email.

We hope this has helped your Third Parties organization their work and if there is anything else we can do to make their lives easier please let us know.
    Sammie

5. 3rd Party Request:

email applicant that 3rd party has responded. And have a reminder email sent to 3rd party if not responded to in X days

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change question type

I could see a situation where I create a question of a certain type, and then realize later that I want to make that same question a different type. (The first thing that comes to mind is making a radio box a check box, or vice versa.) Right now, I have to create a new question, rather than just changing the existing question.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Zach,

While as an admin you cannot do that we do have a tool that allows our staff to change question types on the back end. There are, however, some rules i.e. a text response cannot be changed to a list response but it does handle the most common scenarios. All you have to do is reach out to support to make this change.

Best
    sammie

7. change the system so you can email more than 100 applicants at one time.

We have over 300 scholarship applicants and it would be nice to email them all at one time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion.

The limit on batch emails has been removed for all clients on a standard and above license.

We hope this has helped you communicate with your stakeholders, and always please let us know if this enhancement is not meeting your needs.

Best
    sammie

8. Customization of the Organizational Information Form

It would be incredibly useful if we could customize the Organizational Information form that organizations fill out when first registering with Foundant. By this I mean not just removing fields, but adding new fields, changing character counts, adding instructions, and changing the layout/order of the fields. For example, it would be very helpful to have organizations include their full legal name/fiscal sponsor's legal name in the organizational information page, rather than having to include that as a question on the LOI/Application each time an organization applies.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The organization form can now contain custom fields. I believe this should handle most of the scenarios you outline in your request.

All you need to do to custom your organization form is reach out to your client success manager.

Thank you for your feedback, and as well if the implemented idea does quite solve your needs please don’t hesitate to submit a new suggestion.

Best
    sammie

9. What Grantees see when their LOI has been Abandoned

We have just discovered that LOIs that are abandoned show up to applicants as LOI Decision Undecided. I think this is not only incorrect but also confusing to applicants. It's not unusual for applicants to start two LOIs by accident. Unfortunately, when the organization then goes in to work on the application, they are confused because the dashboard indicates in one area that the Foundation has not made a decision about their LOI. I think that if LOIs or Applications are abandoned that the applicant's dashboard should indicate the LOI / applications was never completed and or abandoned.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. E-Mail Templates with Logos/Signatures

It would be helpful to be able to include a Foundation logo and signature in Foundant e-mail templates. Sending e-mails to grantees through Foundant is certainly easier than having to individually contact each grantee, but Foundant e-mail templates allow no formatting/images which makes our e-mails feel unprofessional and unofficial.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of the GLM 6.9.0 release tonight, October 4, you can now use HTML in your email templates. Please contact support to have this turned on.

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback!
    -chris

11. More than 25MB for Attachments

We would like to see more space allowed for attachments to one application. Currently it maxes out at 25 MB. We get to that size very quickly with our attachments (one example application listed below), and often applicants complain that they don't have enough space to upload their financials (too many pages; reducing the size makes it grainy and hard to read) or support materials (too many pictures; reducing the size makes it less of a "support" - less pretty).

Form A - Programs Chart*

[1 MiB allowed]

Form B-1 Max Request
    Calculation*

[1 MiB allowed]

Form B-2 - 3-Year …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option for Applicant to "Abandon" a Request

This may be covered by the discussion under having a "Withdrawn" status but in case it isn't... with our first round of folks using the system (yeah!) I had several applicants, when I queried about their LOI still in draft, let me know they didn't know how to delete an unitendeded duplicate LOI, or one they decided not to submit. It was an easy thing for me to "Abandon" their request, but it would be time-saving to give the applicant the opportunity to "Abandon" or "Withdraw" a request themselves.

posted June 12, 2013 by Kate Shirah, John Rex Endowment

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. viewing file uploads

Now that I've reviewed a few applications, I think it would be helpful to allow Administrators, Board Members, and evaluators to view uploaded pdfs in another window, rather than having to download them individually or download the entire application packet. That way an evaluator could immediately view the attachment and not have to worry about finding the file and opening it after downloading it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Applicant Merge

Orgnaization Merge is the best feature you have introduced yet. How about applicant merge? Seems like it would work on the same principals.

Thanks

Idea posted April 11, 2013 by Laura Kurzrok, Eastern Bank Charitable Foundation

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No longer able to delete duplicates because there is Guidestar History

We have organizations that register multiple times without our realizing it until after we’ve started the review process for
    their current request and run Charity Check. If we’re unable to delete these registrations, we’re going to end up with a huge number of duplicate organization registrations that are completely useless and just taking up space because all of the important information has been consolidated. It will also make looking up a grant/request by organization name a much more difficult process because we will have to go through however many empty registrations to find the one we are actually looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Set up an alert when deactivating a user that still has follow-ups due

I was trying to reassign a submission and the follow-up to a different user - I was able to reassign the submission, but kept getting an error message when trying to reassign the follow-up. As I was about to send a "Help" email, it occurred to me that the user might be deactivated, so I checked. Sure enough, that was the case. I had to reactivate the user to reassign the follow-up and then go back and deactivate the user again. So, my suggestions are:

1) An alert when a user is being deactivated if that user has any submissions…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Check Number to Payment Tracking Export

Add check number to the information provided on the export to csv from payment tracking.

Sorry for the duplicate. Didn't know if this should be a question or an idea. :)

Lynn Larson

Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Organization Merge History

A merge history should be included in case an error is made or in case an organization changes its name. Information should include the date of the merge, the names of the organizations merged, and the name of the user who did the merge.

Thanks,

Mary

posted April 25, 2013 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Depopulate the checked boxes

In both Reports Beta and Data export the boxes for the fields in the lists are all checked. Since I generally want to use no more than 5-10 in any given report, it would be far less time consuming to check the boxes I want than to uncheck all the one's I don't want. Or is there a way already to uncheck all the boxes at once?

Joan

posted January 26, 2012 by Joan Alway, Icicle Fund

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reports Beta! "Saved Reports Tab"

The "Saved Reports" Tab in Reports Beta could be improved. I created a report, saved it, then made some changes to the formatting, and saved it again (with the same name). I expected that it was overwriting the original report format file. Instead it saved my multiple versions of the same report. Now, that I want to look at my final version of the report, how do I know which one to choose?

My suggestions:

1. On the "Saved Reports" tab, list the date & time that the report file was saved (like you might see in Windows Explorer).

2. When you…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base