GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1224 results found

1. Wish there was a little bit of space on the applicant's dashboard for announcements.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your time in the idea lab. 

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

2. Create a question type for numbers where commas are automatically added. I know this has been proposed before here, but it is very difficult for evaluators to read numbers past 999 without commas.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

3. When Foundant implemented enhanced formatting (e.g., bold font, bullets) last year, the downside was that print packets became harder to read. Before the enhanced formatting change, the first line of paragraphs was automatically indented and there was a space between paragraphs. Now even if you copy and paste paragraphs from a word-processing program with the first line indented, the print packet doesn't indent that line and there's no space between paragraphs. That leaves multi-paragraph answers as one big blob of text.

I mentioned this problem to Support and their answer was that the applicant should just make sure to add…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

4. Currently when you pull in a CSuite custom field pull into a form in GLM form, it pulls in both active and inactive one (but doesn't note which ones are inactive). It would be nice if it only pulled in the active fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

5. Please consider printing the following on the Cover Page of all forms:

1) form name
    2) date submitted
    3) award details (especially important with installment payments).

Example - Annual report. Submitted 6:1/2023. $5000 awarded, payment 1 of 2 or 1st installment.

Suggested location- where the process name that currently prints under the grant name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

6. It would be amazing if there was a draft email box, that you could stage emails in until sending. I.e. Save a draft of the preview of the email.

Our Director does a final approval of the notification letters prior to sending, which we send via Email Templates in GLM. Ideally, there would be a way for the draft to be created by one user then reviewed by another, so the first user can send the email.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

7. I have added color coding in my ad-hoc email templates (those that aren't assigned to a particular event) to alert me to those parts that I need to customize. Sometimes it's simply to alert me to either keep or delete a section of text, and I'll have that whole section's font set to red. If I want to keep the text for the particular email, I select the text and click on the Text Color option in the rich text formatting menu. I'd like to simply revert the text to the system default, but that's not an option. I must…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

8. It would be great for Foundant to disclose to users that more recent returns may be available at GuideStar or elsewhere. The IRS has a large digitizing backload, so as it stands right now, Foundant users could reasonably but erroneously conclude that more recent returns are not publicly available.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

9. I would love an easy way for evaluators to differentiate or even hide their evaluation 1 or evaluation 2 responses. I have a board committee that does an initial review (evaluation 1) before sending recommendations to the full board for review (evaluation 2). The committee members struggle to keep track of what they've done when they're working on the evaluation 2 round. It would be great if they could click a button to filter out the eval 1 responses! (giving them the ability is important because that group refers back to their original responses.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reviewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

10. It would be fantastic if we could edit the Award Details tab within the request summary to show information most relevent to us and to our grantees. I would love to be able to pull in the most high-level information from our approval page to show a better picture of the award.

For example, Grant Period, Focus of Funds, etc. This is high-level info that would be great for us and our applicants to see without needing to go into a grant agreement. Just as the award details page currently shows high-level installment/payment info, It should show other high-level grant…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

11. I noticed that when selecting custom columns available application, follow-up, etc. form shows up when selecting them, even if you only have one process selected. It would be more useful to only display the application, follow-ups, etc. that are associated with that particular process when selecting fields for custom columns.

Let's say, for example, that you want to review final reports from one process. I notice that when you use this feature and setup custom columns, every

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

12. I’m probably not the first to express this idea, but it would create efficiencies both for applicant agency personnel as well as foundation personnel if a new staff person at a nonprofit agency already in our system (the agency already being in the system, not the new staffer) if they could create their own profile in the Foundant GLM system without having to create their agency over again and thus making a duplicate that the foundation would then need to merge. The foundation could then attach the new user to the appropriate agency. The only other option now is for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

13. Currently there is not a way to alert myself in SLM to a student that the donor wants to continue possibly funding conditionally in the future. I do not want to award them and place installments since the student is not automatically awarded. it would be nice to flag a student for a particular opportunity based on the donors request.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

14. After evaluators have completed their scoring, I send these recommendations to an outside committee. And by doing this they ask for the downloaded applications to share with their group to easily print 20 or less applications for in person discussion. Since these applications have been moved from completed to assigned, I can no longer print them in a bulk action. It would be nice to print after evals have been closed, perhaps in the evals bucket or approval bucket.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reviewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

15. I love the ability to show certain information in columns, however, it is limited to only particular fields. It would be great to have uploads as an option in these follow up columns. We collect student photos to send to donors and currently I have to go into each individual request to download the photo they provided.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

16. We would like to be able to create custom columns any time we want to look at a particular aspect of a process. For example, when looking at Follow Ups, we would like to add the column, "Funding Category". We can't at this time because Funding Category is tied to the initial application, not the follow ups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

17. When a student copies a previous application, the form copies all third-party information, including the documents they submitted on behalf of the student. In the event the third-party needs to submit a new document, for example updated information in a new year, they can't because there's already a document in the upload section. Either the documents need to not be part of the copy function, or there needs to be an option somewhere on the student/third-party facing side to clear the previous response.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

18. We would like to see an option that allows us to obtain a .pdf "packet" of all requests when bulk selecting organization's in GLM. From anywhere in GLM, when you select multiple grants, you should be able to bulk produce one singular pdf with all of the selected applications in on document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

19. Applicants should be able to edit their own applications up until the deadline. SLM should add efficiency. Our 1-person scholarship staff does not have time to edit applicants for students or send them back to draft. O

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

20. It would be nice to be able to turn off evaluator downloads. Letting everyone have the ability to download sensitive data seems risky.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

• Don't see your idea?