GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1224 results found

1. For one of our live sites, we realize that we did not limit the state or country fields for when applicants are registering a new account. This has led to multiple of our 700+ applicants' contact information having different contact information formats. Some have written "MA", "mass", "Massachusetts", "United States of America", "US", "USA", and etc. It would be helpful if there were a way to edit multiple (or even all) users' contact information. This would especially be helpful when we are doing mail merges and need the addresses and labels to look presentable.

On a similar note, it would…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Archived  ·  2 comments  ·  Batch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. t would be very useful to have one "uncheck all" option in the layout portion of the report module for choosing what you want to be visible in your report.

posted February 6, 2013 by Diana Rode, Judy Family Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Our applicants love the auto-save feature when they are working on applications. It would be great to have an auto-save feature on the administrator side as well. Often changes are made to an application form or FollowUp or Decision area and the administrator will forget to save. This causes problems as we don't catch this until much later or sometimes not at all. Obviously, administrator should be clicking on Save Changes whenever they make a change but they sometimes forget since our old database automatically saved.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your time in the idea lab. 

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

4. Greetings,

As part of our review process we have two evaluators for the application.

It would have been immensely helpful to have evaluator ratings side by side. Currently, this doesn't occur anywhere (evaluation summary pages; application evaluation page) so we are doing exports to see this information. This affected how we facilitated our process and our Board meeting since it required an additional document external to Foundant.

It seems like this should be a feature within Foundant so we don't have to leave the site in order to have that comparison. I realize this might get messy for organizations that…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great to be able to see a contact's organization history on his/her User page, so that we know if the contact was associated with another organization at another point.

Thanks,

Mary

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Our organization has a board/advisory committee that evaluates applications and scores them according to strengths/weaknesses etc.

Foundant has created a great way to see how a committee member has scored each particular proposal. Since committee members are reviewing many applications, someone suggessted that it might be nice to have a progress bar at the top of the application list so each committee member has a quick snapshot of how far along they are reviewing all the applications.

I've included a screen shot (edited of course) of what this potentially could look like. The progress bar could include how many they've…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  5 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have been using Foundant long enough that agencies are submitting new requests to the foundation. Several forget their log in information and create new accounts that we subsequently merge. But several more are on the ball.

I was wondering if there could be a pop up message for returning nonprofits that asks if there have been any changes with the agency such as a new address, executive director, website, email, etc.?

We recently had an experience with a change in address. Neither the agency or the foundation realized we had the old P.O. Box and mailed the grant check…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be wonderful if "Board Members" and "Staff Evaluators" could view the grant amount as well as the payments (made and scheduled). They use the system AFTER a grant has been awarded.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

9. An area that has yet to be addressed is the ability to add other information to an organization's record other than the fields provided in Foundant. In order to do a proper import into another database you need to add the organization identifier from that other database or you will create another organization.

In my case I use FIMS. The record identifier is called the Profile Code. Currently I have to add a profile code to each application somewhere in the process if I want to import the data into my database (FIMS).

It would be more efficient to add…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like for applicants to be able to select from a list of names as they begin a new application. Our schools struggle with this the most. Many teachers are unaware that an organization in their name already exists. Therefore they create a new one and I spend time each month merging accounts. Is this possible?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We e-mail approval to successful applicants and it would be very handy to have a "Send E-Mail" button at the bottom of the page where you have entered payment(s) and follow ups. As it stands now, you have to go back into the LOI or application to find that button (in less I've missed something). Thanks! Joan

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

12. I just had a grantee in my office who is legally blind - her face was an inch away from the computer - I wish the applications and follow-ups had the option to view in large print. Yes, she can download the print packet PDF and expand the view that way, but she can't answer questions or upload docs on the PDF, so she has to flip back and forth. It's the 21st century! As you're working on other improvements to the site, that's an important one.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love to see a multi-select / exclusionary select option for follow up specific forms in the export data function. Thanks!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

14. Is there a way to limit the viewing capabilities of the Board members or other evaluators other than Administrators in seeing Archived Processes? I wish that the Admin was the only one who could view the archived processes. I see this as an opportunity for Board members and other evaluators to get lost in old processes while looking for current info. Thanks!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is it possible to allow Grant Managers to access the Reports & Data Sets section? Many people here had been running their own exports to do merges, but are now forced to ask an Admin person to do this for them and, possibly, wait until they have the time.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

16. It would be great if in the new report function or in the process manager, we could tell the system what old questions are the same (or shared) between process so it would remember that they were shared questions when we are pulling a report.

These questions were not report fields in the old system, but they are common across all of our grant applications. I still have to go in and add each one to the report and then combine them all.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

17. When viewed on the screen, the text color for fields completed by the applicant are a light gray which is too light to read easily in my opinion. If this bothers me, my evaluators are really going to be unhappy. Can the text be darkened for legibility please?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

18. When an applicant tries to submit a follow-up that contains unanswered third-party questions, an error message appears that lists the label text from the third party questions. Since applicants cannot see third party questions in the first place, it would be nice if the error message was more generic and simply stated that the other party has not yet completed their portion of the form.

Thanks,
    Jan

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

19. Hi -- Would it be possible for integer responses on LOIs/Apps/Reports to automatically add in commas in appproiate places?

E.g., -- we ask on our LOI how many individuals will be served by a program, and allow for an integer response. The applicant may enter "120000" as a response -- which is a little hard to read. It would be helpful to see the answer as "120,000," just as one would normally write the number.

Needless to say this isn't pressing, but I perhaps also not hard to do...? Are there any drawbacks (I can't think of any...)?

posted July…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When making questions in forms, it would be helpful to be able to move the dialogue box that pops up in order to read information on the form behind it. I am frequently wanting to see the wording of other questions on the form while developing new questions. I work around this by printing the question list as PDF but it would be easier to just be able to move the box. Thanks for considering.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

• Don't see your idea?