• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1224 results found

1. Please consider printing the following on the Cover Page of all forms:

1) form name
    2) date submitted
    3) award details (especially important with installment payments).

Example - Annual report. Submitted 6:1/2023. $5000 awarded, payment 1 of 2 or 1st installment.

Suggested location- where the process name that currently prints under the grant name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your time in the idea lab. 

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

2. BATCH downloading student uploads for auditing and for our outside committees since we hide student names in evaluation(i.e. transcripts, SAR reports, Letter of Recommendations)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This message is to let you know we are going to archive this idea based on the level of engagement in comparison to other idea lab items. The reason we do this is to keep the Idea Lab clean and up to date based on feedback from clients like yourself. Keep in mind this idea may exist somewhere else in the Idea Lab, a quick search may give you a similar idea with higher engagement. Also, feel free to recreate this idea if you would like to, and keep in mind specific wording can help people find and vote for your idea. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns please let us know! Thank you

-The Foundant Team

3. I have added color coding in my ad-hoc email templates (those that aren't assigned to a particular event) to alert me to those parts that I need to customize. Sometimes it's simply to alert me to either keep or delete a section of text, and I'll have that whole section's font set to red. If I want to keep the text for the particular email, I select the text and click on the Text Color option in the rich text formatting menu. I'd like to simply revert the text to the system default, but that's not an option. I must…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

4. I have a large number of email templates, so must frequently search for the one I need. Sometimes there's a keyword that I'm looking for that's in the body of the template, rather than in the Subject or Template Name. I would like for the Quick Search at the top of the Email Template page to search in the body of the template, as well as the Template Name and Subject.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

5. I’m probably not the first to express this idea, but it would create efficiencies both for applicant agency personnel as well as foundation personnel if a new staff person at a nonprofit agency already in our system (the agency already being in the system, not the new staffer) if they could create their own profile in the Foundant GLM system without having to create their agency over again and thus making a duplicate that the foundation would then need to merge. The foundation could then attach the new user to the appropriate agency. The only other option now is for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

6. Add parenthetical numbers to the tabs on the Request Summary Page to show how many Follow Ups, Documents, Comments, etc. Like how it is on the workflow pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

7. Currently there is not a way to alert myself in SLM to a student that the donor wants to continue possibly funding conditionally in the future. I do not want to award them and place installments since the student is not automatically awarded. it would be nice to flag a student for a particular opportunity based on the donors request.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

8. After evaluators have completed their scoring, I send these recommendations to an outside committee. And by doing this they ask for the downloaded applications to share with their group to easily print 20 or less applications for in person discussion. Since these applications have been moved from completed to assigned, I can no longer print them in a bulk action. It would be nice to print after evals have been closed, perhaps in the evals bucket or approval bucket.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reviewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

9. I love the ability to show certain information in columns, however, it is limited to only particular fields. It would be great to have uploads as an option in these follow up columns. We collect student photos to send to donors and currently I have to go into each individual request to download the photo they provided.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

10. We would like to be able to create custom columns any time we want to look at a particular aspect of a process. For example, when looking at Follow Ups, we would like to add the column, "Funding Category". We can't at this time because Funding Category is tied to the initial application, not the follow ups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

11. When a student copies a previous application, the form copies all third-party information, including the documents they submitted on behalf of the student. In the event the third-party needs to submit a new document, for example updated information in a new year, they can't because there's already a document in the upload section. Either the documents need to not be part of the copy function, or there needs to be an option somewhere on the student/third-party facing side to clear the previous response.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

12. Applicants should be able to edit their own applications up until the deadline. SLM should add efficiency. Our 1-person scholarship staff does not have time to edit applicants for students or send them back to draft. O

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

13. We use GLM to code every donor advised grant using our extensive taxonomy. As we generate these grants in CSuite, it would be great to be able to Allow Copying for CSuite processes as this would cut down significant time the team is spending manually entering data.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

14. In my workflow, as an administrator, after reviewing an LOI, I most often assign the LOI for evaluation. Now that the "Assign Next Form" button is at the bottom of the form right next to the assign evaluations button, I have accidentally clicked it on multiple occasions. I have thankfully caught it right away and been able to reverse everything without creating an issue with the applicant. It would be helpful to have a visual distinction between those two buttons. Maybe green for assign next form - like a green light to proceed? It is helpful to have both options…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

15. We often get questions about what financials and other documentation will be expected of the applicant, and gathering these materials is often the most time-consuming part of the application process. We include this information on our website, but this makes our website less streamlined and requires applicants to leave GLM. Because of this, I think it would be helpful to add a Resources section alongside the Apply and Organization History buttons. Here, the applicant could preview and download requested attachments in advance of that stage in the application process. In speaking with Foundant, I understand this toolbar is hardcoded, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

16. Customize process stage names and request statuses – I want to be able to change the name of the process stages (like LOI) and the request statuses so that they align with our internal terminology.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

17. Tables on the profile registration page – I want to be able to add tables to the registration pages so that I can collect demographic information at the organization and applicant level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

18. I recently bumped into an issue where I could not use the field I wanted as a label column for a report chart. I wanted to create a chart that shows the amount we've given for each individual year, and I could not use the year as a label in the chart because it is an integer-specific field. I would love the ability for integer fields to be chosen as label columns in reporting graphs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

19. I have only a certain criteria of students part of the universal application that I want to extend their deadlines. I don't have their names and cannot obtain from schools under the school's policy. I planned on determining who these students were based on the date they started the application, but this data is nowhere on SLM. So now I have no idea who the extension was for and will not send an email to complete the application to 700+ students when I know there is less than 30.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

20. In the instances where one request has multiple 3rd party sections assigned to the same person (ie. counselor asked to submit both a Transcript and a Letter of Recommendation), the submission logic prevents access to the second section if the first is submitted. In these cases, the 3rd party can't submit their LOR if they've already submitted the Transcript for that student. Additionally, this will inaccurately display that both uploads have been submitted since they are tied together, even when only one file has been uploaded.

Ideally, it would be nice if the two 3rd Party sections operated separately so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Foundant Team

• Don't see your idea?