GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. Hi - I had an applicant call because he was kicked out - although he doesn't think he was away long enough for it to have actually timed out - and lost all of his information. Before getting kicked out, he had tried to save the information, but received error messages, so no saving actually occurred. However, when he was kicked out, he got the standard, "Don't worry, your information has been saved" message. I'm told there is no way to currently change this, but can it be looked into? It's very misleading and you can imagine his surprise and…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. File uploads are a key to the application process. We've had requests to make this question a bit more usable for applicants.

For example:

Add a "Save Upload" button next to the Browse box so the applicant can save right away 

Add a Delete button so the user can delete a file instead of uploading a blank document

Change the message under the file upload "no file uploaded" to something like "click Save As Draft to finalize the upload"

Somehow increase the 25MB limit. 

Let us know some other suggestions you may have on file uploads and the importance by…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since the salutation field is captured in the User Contact information...would be nice to include in the Data Export of Users (or applicants, etc). I learned this field can be accessed via the GLM email featuere, but sometimes Foundations need to write letters the old-fashioned way too.

Idea posted November 17, 2011 by Jim Beck, Parkinson's Disease Organization

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am entering some older grants in to the data base. When entering intallment grants, the date associated with the grant on the Applicaiton and Grant History part of the Organization Overview page is the date I entered the grant however the due dates I entered for the installments are all several years ago. When I enter one time grants, there is an option to enter a grant awarded date - this apparently is not an option in installment grants. Can it become one? Am I missing it?

Thanks

Idea posted May 3, 2013 by Amy Moore, O.P. & W.E.…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Having an applicant be able to designate a recommender that could then upload a recommendation letter to the application would be oh-so-helpful for Fellowship and Scholarship applications.

Currently all recommendation letters are emailed to staff at our Foundation and must be individually uploaded as a supplemental document. If the recommender received a link once they were named as a recommender in an application it would really streamline the process for our staff.

Don Brackett, Robert & Patricia Switzer Foundation

Idea posted July 16, 2012 by Don Brackett, Robert and Patricia Switzer Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently, in order for an evaluator (board or staff) to access the application packet they must go their dashboard, click "review" next to a given name, scroll down the evaluation form to a link to "Application form," click that link, and then finally click "Print Packet." That is a lot of clicking to get to the document you want to review.

Our reviewers are currently being assigned 150-200 applications they must review in 5-6 weeks. They were dissapointed that the quick link on the evaluator dashboard prints a packet for the evaluator document, which is something no one in our…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I foresee us regularly using the "Add Comment" feature within the application to communicate with our applicants. As an administrator, when I check the box "Show Applicant this Comment" the field is highlighted in blue, but when I switch to the applicant view it isn't highlighted. Instead it appears saying "Administrator Comments: Program Highlight" which blends in with the rest of the application. To make sure our applicants see our comments we have to spell out where they are in an email so they don't miss them. Would it be possible to have the header "Administrator Comments:" be highlighted for…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I love the link to Organization Email History, but I am wondering if anybody else wishes there was a link back to the organization after you have reviewed the history. It is aggravating to have to go back to Organizations and search again, unless I am missing something.

Any chance we could get a "back to" link from the email history page?

Thanks!

Lynn Larson, Foundation Administrator, Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation

posted September 26, 2013 by Lynn Larson, Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be lovely to have the option to include uploaded request documents in the PDF packet for an application, followup form, etc. A few of my committee members are still to paper-based (and I sometimes like to print apps for myself), and not having to print those documents separately would make my job much easier, particularly when it comes to scholarships where we frequently receive transcripts and letters of recommendation separately.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Our organization takes in many Scholarship applications for high school students each year. As I was visiting with several schools and students, I realized that many schools are moving toward every student having a computer of some sort at their disposal everyday, all day. And that mean I-Pads. Some schools have older PC for business classes but that is it and maybe a couple in the library. Currently, most Mac/ apple software gives our applicants issues. they have shared with me that much of the issue is in up loading doc and in some cases even simply entering in text…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recently I exported a list of our grantees (users). I got a lot of great information; however, the organization that the grantee was with was not one of the fields. Is there a way to export the grantee and the organization that they are with?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Is there a possibility to get an menu item in the sidebar to access the process notifications page without needing to go into the process manager?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Greetings:

Our auditor has requested an account on our grant system to spot check our work. I have two questions:

1. Do other "Foundations" allow their auditors direct access to Foundant?

2. If so, how do you set-up and manage a "read-only" account?

Thanking you in advance...

Greg Petrey -- Fort Worth, Texas

Discussion Topic posted December 7, 2012 by Greg Petrey, Tarrant County 911

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On the Form Builder page, each form should have a link beside it to "Preview." It is WAY too easy to accidentally edit the form when you actually open it (just takes one accidental click and swipe of the mouse) - and there is no back button or way to figure out what you changed so you can restore the form!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We were recently excited to learn Foundant had added a new field in the org record that will allow us to populate our foundation data base ID number ONCE for each organization instead of for EACH application. The ID code in this field allows us to easily upload into our FIMS database to process payments against specific fund pools.

Now we are just being picky but would it be possible to view that field in the org record without going into the edit mode? Just like we can see the org record information like website, taxid, address...

Thanks!

posted June…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Having just edited the 20th organization's information this week, it would be very helpful if applicants were able to edit their own information. I know this has been an issue for years, and people are anxious about giving organizations this right, but it's getting to be ridiculous. Not only is it a waste of time for us, it's also an embarrassment to have inaccurate information posted. PLEASE help me to help them!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was wondering if you've considered adding an eligibility quiz feature for grant processes. This would be very helpful for our scholarships in particular, but it could be useful for our other processes as well.

Owen David
    Community Foundation Santa Cruz County

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We conduct Site Visits with awarded grantees to review and talk about their progress. My title is Regional Grants Administrator and I have 3 counterparts with the same title. Each of us have any where from 15 to 23 grants we are responsible for managing. When we conduct a Site Visit we would like to enter the System and do the visit online. Currently we are using Survey Monkey and previously we used Word and we would upload the completed report.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Any way to do a Drop down list instead of a blank place for "salutations". Again and again, people enter things like, "Greetings!" or "Hello!" instead of Mr., Ms., Dr., Rev., etc.I'm finding that applicants just don't have clear understanding.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I really appreciate that the new update has the Organization's DUNS Number display on the Organization Summary screen now. We use the DUNS number for coordinating with FIMS and it is very helpful. I also appreciate the "Grants Manager" role, which we have started using.

Would it be possible to add the two together? We would really like the Grants Managers to be able to see the DUNS Number display on the Organization Summary screen.

Thanks.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?