GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. Having just edited the 20th organization's information this week, it would be very helpful if applicants were able to edit their own information. I know this has been an issue for years, and people are anxious about giving organizations this right, but it's getting to be ridiculous. Not only is it a waste of time for us, it's also an embarrassment to have inaccurate information posted. PLEASE help me to help them!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Any way to do a Drop down list instead of a blank place for "salutations". Again and again, people enter things like, "Greetings!" or "Hello!" instead of Mr., Ms., Dr., Rev., etc.I'm finding that applicants just don't have clear understanding.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  CRM  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New required changes for reporting grants on tax form.

I recently read the IRS is requiring more detailed reporting (starting January 2013) on the exact nonprofit status of grantees from private foundations. They are asking to include specific codes. The ones that affect us the most are the codes for nonprofits that are 509a1 or 2 (PC) and codes for supporting organizations by type (1, 2, or 3).

I currently run a report for our accounting manager listing the grants which she then uses to complete the 990PF. I am wondering if there is a way to include these codes…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love the multi-select “checkbox” question. We are

finding this to be a great enhancement especially for some of our internal report fields. We

chose to replace several of the standard “drop down” report questions with “checkbox”

questions. Now that we have outdated standard “drop down” report questions,

I would like to have the option to archive them. Do you foresee this being an

option in the future?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can you make the Organization DUNS field available as a column in all reports. Currently it shows up in some, not in others.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I foresee us regularly using the "Add Comment" feature within the application to communicate with our applicants. As an administrator, when I check the box "Show Applicant this Comment" the field is highlighted in blue, but when I switch to the applicant view it isn't highlighted. Instead it appears saying "Administrator Comments: Program Highlight" which blends in with the rest of the application. To make sure our applicants see our comments we have to spell out where they are in an email so they don't miss them. Would it be possible to have the header "Administrator Comments:" be highlighted for…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For example, in the Shared Documents feature, our Grants Committee only has access to materials that I make available under "staff." We also have a Youth Leadership Committee made up of high school students that have a grant cycle and they evaluate a number of applications. We would love for them to have access to the applications in Foundant, but only want them to access to the applications they are reviewing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Reviewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm wondering if Foundant has considered standardizing the Canadian Tax ID field to a consistent format. Typically it is <123456789 RR1234>.

In new applications we are receiving, some applicants only enter in the first nine digits and leave off the suffix which is often but not always <RR0001>. Others insert hyphens or spaces. It is a suggestion that should benefit all your Canadian users.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Because the project name is required in all forms, the grantee is able to edit the project name when submitting follow-up forms. That makes me uncomfortable - the board approves specific project titles and I don't always export the project titles as of the application, so I may not notice a change. I know there is talk of creating a "read-only" status someday, and I hope that will be available for the project name too.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How about batch assigning follow ups? Otherwise I have go into each approved grant and assign follow ups on an individual basis, when all of the follow ups for that cycle are due the same date.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Exciting news, our first version of batch follow up assignment has been released today, 4/6/2022.  You can learn about this functionality Here.

As always here a Foundant we do iterative development. If you get in and use these features and have additional ideas around how it can support your workflows please create a new idea lab item or reach out to me directly.

Best

Sammie

11. We were asked at Summit to let you know of places where there was just too much clicking to get something done. This is one of those places.

That Success message is just one more step and one more click. It gets worse if you need to add more than one Follow-up. Is the Success message necessary?

-Mary

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Greetings:

Our auditor has requested an account on our grant system to spot check our work. I have two questions:

1. Do other "Foundations" allow their auditors direct access to Foundant?

2. If so, how do you set-up and manage a "read-only" account?

Thanking you in advance...

Greg Petrey -- Fort Worth, Texas

Discussion Topic posted December 7, 2012 by Greg Petrey, Tarrant County 911

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add check number to the information provided on the export to csv from payment tracking.

Sorry for the duplicate. Didn't know if this should be a question or an idea. :)

Lynn Larson

Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We now need to collect DUNS #'s from all our grantees. I'd like to front-load this item for collection when potential applicants create their Organizational Profile with us. How can I edit that page again?

Also: PART 2

We fund individuals, as well as organizations. We receive a lot of support question because I believe one of the mandatory questions is about EIN#'s - which of course individuals do not have. I need to revise the instructions b/c apparently the instructions for how individuals maneuver this question have been changed. Either that or no one is reading the instructions!

How…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My organization runs an international grants program to support research in Parkinson's. As a result, the applications we receive have a broad range of characters that are used, e.g., Université Laval, etc. Oddly, these characters appear fine on the Foundant website but when exported as a CSV file or in the filename of the print packets these get jumbled. Reviewers complain and it is a bit of a pain to always have to clean up the exported data. For example:

Université Laval becomes Université Laval

The lower case Greek alpha in α-synuclein becomes α-synuclein

Even something standard like the apostrophe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi!

I don't know whether this is an issue for anyone else, but I'm beginning to think that the Application Status screen (which is the first thing applicant's see upon logging in) could use a redesign.

When we assign follow-ups and communicate with our grantees about completing them, the emails and phone calls begin rolling in. Despite our providing extremely detailed instructions for locating and completing the follow-ups, grantees typically claim one of the following:

1. they don't see/can't find the form, (I haven't come up with a possible rationale for this)

2. they can't enter any data into the form, (they…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can you add in a button or hyperlink that will allow us to just VIEW the mail merge templates? Right now you can only add in a new template, or delete an existing one.

posted October 23, 2012 by Karen Wallace, First Fruit Incorporated

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great if you could save the selections you make in a data export so that you can go back and choose the same data export in the future.

posted August 3, 2013 by Diana Rode, Judy Family Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have a grant writer who is applying on behalf of two separate organizations but she only has one email address. Is there a way she can use one email address for two different organizations?

posted October 1, 2012 by Kishawn Leuthauser, The Louis and Harold Price Foundation

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our February 2024 Release we have implemented an admin workflow to associated users with multiple organization.  You can learn more about this release here: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/20894342820759

In a spirit of continuous improvement we will continue to evolve this feature and thank you for partnership. To provide feedback on this implementation and suggest next steps please reach out to our product team or post a new idea.

-The Foundant Team

20. My question is slightly similar to Mary's 9/6 post. It involves custom report fields rather than those created within a form, however.

Will users ever be able to change the order of the custom report fields? I have created lots of custom report fields to make better use of the mail merge function. Although the mail merge templates work beautifully, I made some mistakes as I added fields and on some forms the fields are not always logically ordered. Some instances are more extreme than others, but I have attached what I believe might be a clear example.

None of…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 16 17