GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. On the dashboard, we would like to be able to see if a follow-up submitted, due or over-due is the initial, interim or final report. We have several grantees with several grants/followups. When the very helpful automatic reminder to the grantee doesn't work and we need to contact them it would save time to know which report is missing without having to go to the grant detail.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I want to send an email to Follow Up Reports that are past due. So I run an export, but it does not include the fields "Due Date" and "Submitted Date".

From the Dashboard, you can see the "Due Date" in the Follow Up Drafts screen. You can also see the "Submitted Date" in the "Follow Up Submitted".

It would be a BIG help if these fields were also included in the export. I've had to resort to creating a manual field, which means more work for me with each grant. Since GLM is already recording the info, you would…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. File uploads are a key to the application process. We've had requests to make this question a bit more usable for applicants.

For example:

Add a "Save Upload" button next to the Browse box so the applicant can save right away 

Add a Delete button so the user can delete a file instead of uploading a blank document

Change the message under the file upload "no file uploaded" to something like "click Save As Draft to finalize the upload"

Somehow increase the 25MB limit. 

Let us know some other suggestions you may have on file uploads and the importance by…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd like to have the option to "archive" our email templates rather than deleting them permanently. I'd prefer to only see the templates we are currently using while still being able to refererence old templates, if needed. Ideally it would work the same as archiving forms, processes and contacts.

posted April 10, 2013 by Kristen Cullen, Carolyn Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the training call yesterday we learned that we have the option to attach email notifications to processses and that in the emails to administrators regarding submitted applications we could choose the option of including application details.

It would be great to have that "details" option for the emails to applicants. Sometimes we have grant writers writing for multiple orgs and it would be good if the submission email they receive would have application details.

Angie Boecker

Central MN Arts Board

posted July 11, 2013 by Angie Boecker, Central Minnesota Arts Board

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently, in order for an evaluator (board or staff) to access the application packet they must go their dashboard, click "review" next to a given name, scroll down the evaluation form to a link to "Application form," click that link, and then finally click "Print Packet." That is a lot of clicking to get to the document you want to review.

Our reviewers are currently being assigned 150-200 applications they must review in 5-6 weeks. They were dissapointed that the quick link on the evaluator dashboard prints a packet for the evaluator document, which is something no one in our…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While I am new to the organization that I am working with, I am in the process of merging duplicate organiztion profiles and would like to make a suggestion. Often times duplicate organizations profiles are formed because either the person applying does not know they already have a profile set up or simply the password has been lost in translation as different people take over grant applications, etc.

What I would like to see is if there is a way that when a potential grantee goes to apply, the system can recognize if their organization already has a profile in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I was excited to hear about the addition of the shared documents area and folders for evaluators and board members. I think it could also be beneficial to have applicants see some documents. For instance, we record all of our panel meetings and separate each application into it's own mp3 file. It would be great to beable to upload those files to the applicant's account so they could listen to their panel reviews without specifically requesting them from us.

posted February 21, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to see that when a document is uploaded, that document is seen no matter where I am in that file.

When I upload a document, there are places within the file that show "Documents Uploaded: 0" when I have already uploaded it. I'm actually now uploading documents twice so that our elderly board members don't get lost searching for it.

(I even get confused looking for that uploaded file sometimes.)

:-)

posted May 29, 2013 by Lisa Diehl, Oldham Little Church Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In both Reports Beta and Data export the boxes for the fields in the lists are all checked. Since I generally want to use no more than 5-10 in any given report, it would be far less time consuming to check the boxes I want than to uncheck all the one's I don't want. Or is there a way already to uncheck all the boxes at once?

Joan

posted January 26, 2012 by Joan Alway, Icicle Fund

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The "Saved Reports" Tab in Reports Beta could be improved. I created a report, saved it, then made some changes to the formatting, and saved it again (with the same name). I expected that it was overwriting the original report format file. Instead it saved my multiple versions of the same report. Now, that I want to look at my final version of the report, how do I know which one to choose?

My suggestions:

1. On the "Saved Reports" tab, list the date & time that the report file was saved (like you might see in Windows Explorer).

2. When you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A multi-select question gives the applicant a defined list to choose from and allows them to choose more than one answer. An example of this would be;

Idea posted April 26, 2011 by Grant Elliott, Foundant Technologies

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to do an actual search in Payment Tracking so that you could weed out any unnecessary information on that screen. For example:

• allow it to search for just those requests that still have a balance

• allow a search for a specific organization or project name

• bring the process pull-down menu over so that I can look at one process at a time

Are any of these possibilities?

Thanks,
    Mary

Idea posted March 12, 2012 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am wondering if it's possible to program the merge fields that contain commas (award amount, amount requested, etc.) so they automatically carry the comma into a merged document? The dollar signs automatically carry over when merging but the commas do not. Currently, I have to do a workaround with the merge fields so the commas carry over when merging into a document. It's sort of a pain and I imagine there are others that would find it easier to have this happen automatically (if possible) rather than doing a workaround. Just curious if this is a possiblity?

Thanks so…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Merge Docs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We assign a project number to each of our applications after they have been approved/denied. It is currently in a internal report field. It would be great if we could somehow have the option to choose what appears in the lists of applications. For example, when you click on "Granted" from the dashboard a list of projects appears. We would like to be able to have our project numbers from the report fields populate one of these columns and have them sortable as the current columns are. We use this project number report field more often than say the project's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, as long as an applicant has started an application, they can submit regardless of the fact that the deadline date has already passed. As a result, we end up having to make calls to applicants telling them they've missed the deadline (sometimes by as much as two weeks) and that their submissions will not be put before the board. Can we get this changed?

Thanks,
    Mary

Idea posted May 14, 2012 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  20 comments  ·  Dates  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to generate mail merge letters connected to grants -- decisions, transmittals, payments etc. -- is critical to us. At the current time there are only two mail merge capabilities: a blank "letter" to a contact at the organizational level and mail merge connected to a decision.

For a one time grant, that is just fine. But, I would suggest that a mail merge capabiity be connected to a payment. For example, if we award a grant with five annual payments, in order to generate a merge document, such as a letter to accompany say the 5th payment, we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  15 comments  ·  Merge Docs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I find the mail merge function so easy and convenient to use for grants that have been approved or declined. However, in our organization it is very common for grants to be carried over or deferred to the next cycle. Just like we send our grantees notification of approved/declination letters we should have the ability to do so with grantees whose proposal is still pending.

My idea is simple: introduce/add the mail merge function for applications that are in the evaluation open stage.

Jacqueline Lara

William G. McGowan Charitable Fund

Idea posted November 18, 2011 by Jacqui Lara, The William…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As an administrator I can view the submitted application information from a link at the top of the Follow Up forms I have created (Grant Agreement and Final Report.) It would be nice if grantees had an easy link referring to their application like this as they fill these forms out too. If not the same link (due to potential navigation issues getting back to the Follow Up form), then maybe a link to a pdf of their application packet.

Idea posted March 25, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Having an applicant be able to designate a recommender that could then upload a recommendation letter to the application would be oh-so-helpful for Fellowship and Scholarship applications.

Currently all recommendation letters are emailed to staff at our Foundation and must be individually uploaded as a supplemental document. If the recommender received a link once they were named as a recommender in an application it would really streamline the process for our staff.

Don Brackett, Robert & Patricia Switzer Foundation

Idea posted July 16, 2012 by Don Brackett, Robert and Patricia Switzer Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?