GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. Once a grant has been made, have the application's status be Granted or Denied on their status page at log-in. We still get calls from people asking what their status is, even though they have a follow-up scheduled. We do notify applicants, but sometimes they are checking before their checks arrive, or the Project Manager is checking and the actual check was sent to the Executive Director. Keeping that status as Complete doesn't tell the applicant anything.

Thanks

Idea posted June 6, 2011 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We assign evaluators to the LOI, so currently we are using the application process to accomplish this. The problem is reporting isn't correct - we end up with 100 grants for Zero amount if we do not exclude each of the LOI processes in each report.

Is anyone doing something different with LOIs that have evaluators assigned?

Thanks -

Idea posted December 23, 2011 by Sally Weldon, Community Foundation of Western North Carolina

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The change in Print Packet to include EVERY LITTLE BIT OF INFORMATION including the Question Number, the Questions, Instructions for the question, all items on the drop downs of a questions, an Answer headline, has made the size of the applications too large, unwieldly and ridiculous! The size of the applications have tripled making it much more difficult to quickly get to the information you are looking for.

This was an idea that was good in theory and HORRENDOUS in practice.

I will not ad an application to this issue, because it is probably too big and will crash the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Are you tired of unchecking ninety (yes 90!) export column boxes to narrow down your export to Excel?

Wouldn't it be cool if the Foundant default had all of those boxes UNCHECKED?

That way you would only have to zip through checking off a handful of columns to include in your export.

It is faster to point and click what you want than to get carpal tunnel syndrome unclicking your way through persnickety exports.

I understand that the web usability experts say that when your menu or variable fields are greater than 10, users are faster and more accurate when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. One of our grantees noticed that the email address on their print packet was incorrect and asked our help to change it. When I pulled up the organization, I noticed that the email address didn't appear on the Summary. I would think that all fields that you are prompted for on the Organization page should appear on the summary - otherwise as our grantee pointed out, the data can get outdated. I was able to "edit" the summary without any problems.

Idea posted October 16, 2012 by Mara Yarp, Morgan Family Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have approximately 130 evaluators to assign to 40 processes. With so many scholarships and so many evaluators, it would be a great help to be able to alphabetize the list so I can more easily find the names to assign to the processes!

Thanks!

Idea posted February 5, 2013 by Beth Heller, East Tennessee Foundation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be helpful to be able to preview a process' report fields without going into a form and attaching the process.

Maybe where we have "Save Process", "Cancel" and "Copy Process" we could have "Preview Report Fields". Then when a person clicks on "Preview Report Fields" we would be shown the same thing we would see if we attached it to the process' application.

I don't know if this is possible. It was just a thought.

Angie

posted July 22, 2013 by Angie Boecker, Central Minnesota Arts Board

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have the following scenarios and it would be great to be able to track these so we can pull out better reports.

1. Track cancelled payment amounts at board meetings.

2. Track returned checks (unused amounts), where the amount will later be cancelled at board meeting

3. Track overpayment on a grant (Assume that 100k was granted and paid based on monthly invoices ... howver, at the end of the year, we have paid out $120k ... then the following year, we would would approve the overpayment of $20k)

I wish I could keep track of all these interesting scenarios.

posted January…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be immensely helpful to include questions that allow for multiple answers.

Many of our data-collecting questions require the organization to choose any/all of the options that pertain to their org/program. In the support section ( http://foundant.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29/kw/multiple%20answer ) you recommend to repeat the question several times so that the applicant can choose multiple answers-- this is less then desirable since each of our questions (5+) has 5+ possible answers.

Our work around is for the organization to upload a separate worksheet document, but obviously we would like as much as possible to be included in the application form itself.…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This may be covered by the discussion under having a "Withdrawn" status but in case it isn't... with our first round of folks using the system (yeah!) I had several applicants, when I queried about their LOI still in draft, let me know they didn't know how to delete an unitendeded duplicate LOI, or one they decided not to submit. It was an easy thing for me to "Abandon" their request, but it would be time-saving to give the applicant the opportunity to "Abandon" or "Withdraw" a request themselves.

posted June 12, 2013 by Kate Shirah, John Rex Endowment

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  18 comments  ·  Statuses  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi - I don't know if others agree, but, one I deactivate a User, it would be great if the system would bring me back to the organization page. Once I've deactivated a User, there's no real need for me to be on their page anymore, but I have to click View Organization to get back out. It's just one more click, but I've been doing a lot of cleanup since the merge option went live, so it's quite a few clicks.

Thanks,

Mary

posted May 8, 2013 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am not sure if other Foundations are like us and have multiple administrators, but it would be helpful to have a text area available on the main dashboard where we could post a to-do list of open items. https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/964918/Screen_Shot_2013-03-04_at_10.31.36_AM.png?1380567900

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We were recently excited to learn Foundant had added a new field in the org record that will allow us to populate our foundation data base ID number ONCE for each organization instead of for EACH application. The ID code in this field allows us to easily upload into our FIMS database to process payments against specific fund pools.

Now we are just being picky but would it be possible to view that field in the org record without going into the edit mode? Just like we can see the org record information like website, taxid, address...

Thanks!

posted June…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have just set up email notifications on our foundation website. I think this is a wonderful tool, but am slightly disappointed with the notification of a submission to an administrator option. It is great that we are notified when a grantee has submitted a document, but we do not know what kind of document they have submitted (LOI, Follow-Up, etc.) To specify what kind of document they have submitted would help so we do not have to spend extra time on our site trying to figure out what was submitted.

Idea posted June 4, 2012 by Jessica Leuthold,

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  10 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I was trying to reassign a submission and the follow-up to a different user - I was able to reassign the submission, but kept getting an error message when trying to reassign the follow-up. As I was about to send a "Help" email, it occurred to me that the user might be deactivated, so I checked. Sure enough, that was the case. I had to reactivate the user to reassign the follow-up and then go back and deactivate the user again. So, my suggestions are:

1) An alert when a user is being deactivated if that user has any submissions…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unless I'm just not seeing it, the Process is not listed on the Installment Detail page. This would make things much easier for those dealing with multiple processes. As it stands, I have to click Project Name once on the Installment Detail page just to be sure I'm paying the right grant; in order to not have to worry about what hitting the "back" button will do, I right click and open in new tab.

Idea posted May 23, 2011 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently when I look at an organization’s “Organization Application and Grant History “ section this is generally what I see:

Date Project Name Type of Grant Status Grant Amount Paid Amount

3/24/2011 Local Roots Summer Concert Series One Time Follow Up Draft $2,700.00 $2,700.00

6/2/2011 Minnesota Sinfonia N/A Evaluations Assigned $0.00 $0.00

3/24/2011 Raku Firing with James Loso N/A Denied $0.00 $0.00

As we start getting more and more grants per organization it is getting harder to keep the applications a part. It would be nice if maybe there was a heading in this section that said “Process Name” At…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My board members do not like the "blind" eval system. They like to be more collaborative in their eval process, but it seems like making them complete two evals (staff and board) is unnecessary, especially when some are already intimidated by the system. What about an option to make the board eval viewable to all as they are completed by each user? This way they only have to complete one eval (we only do one scoring question with a comment section) and can get a read on the "temperature" of the evals as they go.

Idea posted November 8, 2011…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We have organizations that register multiple times without our realizing it until after we’ve started the review process for
    their current request and run Charity Check. If we’re unable to delete these registrations, we’re going to end up with a huge number of duplicate organization registrations that are completely useless and just taking up space because all of the important information has been consolidated. It will also make looking up a grant/request by organization name a much more difficult process because we will have to go through however many empty registrations to find the one we are actually looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am entering some older grants in to the data base. When entering intallment grants, the date associated with the grant on the Applicaiton and Grant History part of the Organization Overview page is the date I entered the grant however the due dates I entered for the installments are all several years ago. When I enter one time grants, there is an option to enter a grant awarded date - this apparently is not an option in installment grants. Can it become one? Am I missing it?

Thanks

Idea posted May 3, 2013 by Amy Moore, O.P. & W.E.…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?