GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

652 results found

1. Currently have “submitted” and “completed” tabs. As scholarships are received, I review them and like to push them through to completed but with third party cannot do this. Would like another tab where reviewed scholarships could be saved and the third party link would still function. Some of the third party responses could take up to two months for completion. I review over 700 scholarship applications in a 3-month period and this would tidy up my workspace. Currently have to keep a spreadsheet of student's names so I know who has been reviewed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I love how, under each Process, we can determine which administrators will get submission notifications for applications or follow-ups. Couldn't the software, someday, allow the applicants to determine which contacts under their organization should receive particular types of notifications? Of course, I would still need to be able to export those selections so I can use that information for our Outlook distribution lists for other information. But it would be nice to give some control to the applicant. So often, the person who submitted the grant moves on before the reports are due, or they may just have different staff…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be helpful to see a list of upcoming grant payment deadlines on the dashboard. Perhaps each process or grant could be set up to have a 15 or 30 day notification window. Needing to run a report seems like too many steps for something so central to our operations. Thanks for considering it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Wouldn't it be great if Evaluators were not only notified that an LOI had been assigned to them, but then they received automated reminders that the deadline to respond was approaching - like Bill Pay Reminders! If I were the Evaluator I would be notified that an LOI had been assigned to me and then notified that it was 10 days, 15 days, 20 days without a response. Of course, you'd have the option to turn it on or off and selected when you'd like the reminders, depending on the process. A bit like how the Applicant is notified when…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback Needed  ·  5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We've recently implemented G4G fields in our applications, but the majority of the most useful, most easily copied, and most redundant questions applicants are asked to input in every single funder's application are at the organizational level. Would LOVE to see G4G fields available for organizational profiles, as well as for LOIs/Application questions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if the status updates could be customized so we could control which update they see and which they don't. I don't want my students seeing that they are denied but I need the selected recipients to be able to see their follow up updates. I am not able to turn them off and on again because of the time frame. The denied would need to be off until June but the follow ups need to be on in May and June. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Similar to an eligibility review quiz that auto-grades, I would appreciate a follow-up form that does not require review in order to be complete. We have a form, the acknowledgement of funds received, that we do not have a need to review. It would be great if it could be marked complete automatically.

Thanks for considering!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rather than uploading one file at a time, enable batch uploads. Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I love that the Application packet brings everything in, including attachments! But it brings everything in...

We create packets for external reviewers, and I'd like to be able to customize the fields included in the Application Packet. To cut down on paper for the ones that print--and to make it easier for reviewers to see only the necessary sections--we only want to include certain fields in the reviewers' packet (i.e., they don't need address, etc., and we don't want them seeing the hidden questions or things we've turned off for that round).

I know I can do that some of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have different evaluators for the Evaluation 1 step. It is dependent on the location, etc. of the applicant. We can have any one of three different evaluators for the Evaluation 1 process.
    When we batch assign evaluators for Evaluator 2 process, requests go to all board members. However, when batching Evaluation 2 assignments, all other participants in the Evaluation 1 process (even those not assigned because of request particulars) receive an Evaluation 1 assignment as well. So now all other Evaluation 1 members receive the request in their Staff Evaluation bucket as well as their Board Member bucket (some…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reviewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. we have 7 scoring teams that annually score grants, it is cumbersome to reset the scoring team for each process... would it be possible to create a mechanism to set scoring teams and have those people grouped together in some fashion.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reviewing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. it's great that within an organization, everyone can view all of the applications that were submitted. Unfortunately, they can not see the followups. this is a challenge when a new person takes over a project and they don't use the same account. as well the primary contact which is usually the executive director can not even see the followups to know if they have been complete or what was shared. this would be so helpful for our non-profits so they can easily share application and followups... thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We delay our grantees' ability to see the decision on their application by 14 days. This was set up for us by Foundant. We upload their approval/denial letters into their request documents at the time of the decision, but do not want the grantees to see the letters until after the 14 day period when both the decision and the letter should become simultaneously visible to them. At this point in time, we have only two choices - to never allow the applicant to see their approval/denial letters in their Request Documents, or to wait before posting the letters to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In reporting our board /vetting committee would like to see an organization's prior request/grant amount. We have numerous applicants that are coming back for funds too soon and it would be great if there a field that would show this information.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We like to personalize the body of a grant approval letter 'merged document' before printing and mailing along with the grant payment. At this point there is no method for saving the edited personalized version of the document to the grantee's page. The process becomes arduous because we must first edit the body of the document, then save it as a word file to our database, then upload the saved document to the grantee's page. We would like to be able to edit the merged doc and directly upload edited version it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I understand correctly... "shared questions" allow you to repeat the same question in multiple places, but changing the answer changes the answer in all places where the question shows up.

I would like something slightly different - a "synced question" - in which the question is the same in multiple places, and the answer is different in each of those places. But I would like to keep the feature where edits to the question instructions in one place copy automatically to all other places where the question is (as is already possible with "shared questions").

Why: In one of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can the NEW administrator comments pop up box move instead of being stationary---blocking the question being commented on? It would be super helpful! Please, and thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. An applicant recently told me of a challenge when working on multiple applications for different funders at the same time which all use the Foundant GLM system. Apparently you can't do it. You have to open a different browser or open private browser windows to login to more than one funder. It would be helpful to enable applicants to be able to login to more than one funder as they can copy/paste information that can be used in multiple applications more easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is no way to get one clear shot of engagement/touchpoints with organizations. Should there be unexpected turnover within an organization, their Foundant profile should have a feature to track the following:

1) Site Visits (with notes and person in attendance)
    2) Phone Calls (with notes and person in attendance)
    3) Events (with notes and person in attendance)
    4) E-mails (with notes)

Right now, we have to track this information on spreadsheets, which leaves a lot a room for human error. Without a feature like this, Foundant is very limited in its ability to manage the Grant Cycle process!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to be able to pull a report by date. For example all grants paid between June 1, 2016 and October 31, 2016.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?