GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

321 results found

1. Is there a way to force applicants to change their password after I have done a reset for them? I usually give them a very generic password if I have to create a profile or change a user. I tell them to change the password once they have logged in, but I worry that no one actually makes a change.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since we can't assign a grantee the same follow up form multiple times in one request, we have copied our Follow Up Forms to have a number of same forms in one process. It works great, but then when we go to reports, we are notified that report fields cannot have the same name. SO, we either have to change the names of all the fields in the actual process, or rename every field when we're in the reports section. Could there be an easier way to this?

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to assign a grantee…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to see at a glance, the area that a request is coming from for those of us that work large geographical regions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if we could see which contact is associated with each request or see a list of the requests assigned to a contact when clicking on a contact's name. We just had a contact leave an organization and I had to click on every request that had a follow-up draft to know whether I had to reassign the request and/or follow-up. There are different programs at this organization that are run by different people, so we have multiple active contacts

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You recently changed how application and grant history is listed on dashboard. It used to be listed with most recent on top. Now I have to click at least 3 times to get it to be most recent on top. Please go back to the way it was. Very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. During the 5.20 release, the UI changed on the Organization Summary page. With that, we are able to filter the request history table on all fields. This is a great feature for organizations we have given a large number of grants to, and will help find specific grants more quickly. However, the default order of the requests has changed from newest at the top and oldest at the bottom to the reverse order with oldest requests on top and newest on the bottom. I prefer to have requests sorted with the most recent on top, allowing us quicker access to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd love an option to hide old requests from the applicants when they go to log in - sometimes we have applicants with so many old requests/LOIs that their dashboard is too confusing to look at. I'd still like to be able to see all old requests on our end, but our applicants don't always need to see every abandoned LOI in their organizational history.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice when you click on Organization Search if the cursor would automatically go to Organization and you could tab to another box if you were searching by Tax ID, city or state. And to be able to click enter and not having to click your mouse down to Search.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. An applicant informed me that there are new Top Level Domain (TLD) names - other than just .com, .org, .info, etc. He had an email address that is uncommon but is now included among the TLDs (I believe it ended in .solutions). However, when he tried to input it in Foundant, it was not accepted. So, he suggested I ask if you can update your list of TLDs that the Foundant system accepts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Integer questions should accept decimals, at least to one digit. We use this field for percentages that need the additional info.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, as long as an applicant has started an application, they can submit regardless of the fact that the deadline date has already passed. As a result, we end up having to make calls to applicants telling them they've missed the deadline (sometimes by as much as two weeks) and that their submissions will not be put before the board. Can we get this changed?

Thanks,
    Mary

Idea posted May 14, 2012 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  20 comments  ·  Dates  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have a grant writer who is applying on behalf of two separate organizations but she only has one email address. Is there a way she can use one email address for two different organizations?

posted October 1, 2012 by Kishawn Leuthauser, The Louis and Harold Price Foundation

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our February 2024 Release we have implemented an admin workflow to associated users with multiple organization.  You can learn more about this release here: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/20894342820759

In a spirit of continuous improvement we will continue to evolve this feature and thank you for partnership. To provide feedback on this implementation and suggest next steps please reach out to our product team or post a new idea.

-The Foundant Team

14. It would be great to be able to share uploaded documents with applicants. I am talking about documents not part of a form but still related to a specific application. Specifically, I would love for grant partners to be able to see a copy of their signed grant agreement. These agreements are the only paper documents we still keep and we often receive requests for information in these documents. Agreements have original signatures of both our President and the grant partner's leadership and include reporting dates, grant restrictions, program budget and goals. These agreements are uploaded to individual applications in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Our Foundation just started using electronic grant agreements for our Winter funding cycle. We came to the realization that grantees can edit several important report fields such as amount funded. We think it would be wonderful it Foundant would be able to make it so that only administrators of grant agreements can edit these important boxes or possibly set permissions so that if a grantee did try to change the amount in the box they would need a special password. We realize that the odds of someone changing the amount funded is slim, but we would not like to tempt…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great to use follow-up forms/items internally, too. This is helpful especially for clients like us who still do a s substantial amount of manual data entry. It would be great if we had the option to "Assign To" an administrator, and then reports tracking, electronic signature agreements, etc could be better managed. Plus, this would make our dashboard far more effective. [this idea was born out of the Grants Management session at the Foundant Conference]

posted September 6, 2012 by Jen Bokoff, Laurie M Tisch Illumination Fund

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  8 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The change in Print Packet to include EVERY LITTLE BIT OF INFORMATION including the Question Number, the Questions, Instructions for the question, all items on the drop downs of a questions, an Answer headline, has made the size of the applications too large, unwieldly and ridiculous! The size of the applications have tripled making it much more difficult to quickly get to the information you are looking for.

This was an idea that was good in theory and HORRENDOUS in practice.

I will not ad an application to this issue, because it is probably too big and will crash the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to generate mail merge letters connected to grants -- decisions, transmittals, payments etc. -- is critical to us. At the current time there are only two mail merge capabilities: a blank "letter" to a contact at the organizational level and mail merge connected to a decision.

For a one time grant, that is just fine. But, I would suggest that a mail merge capabiity be connected to a payment. For example, if we award a grant with five annual payments, in order to generate a merge document, such as a letter to accompany say the 5th payment, we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  15 comments  ·  Merge Docs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. At the current time there is no one person in a grantee organization that can see all the grants submitted from that organization since the system is based on each user rather than an organization. We have grantees, though, with multiple programs and departments (e.g., a university) that want to (a) manage the overall relationship with our foundation and (b) see all the grants they have submitted to us. Is it possible to provide a means for the primary contact to see everything submitted, approved, etc. for that organization?

Idea posted June 1, 2012 by Skip Moore, Weaver Foundation

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice to have the "Log In As User" button appear consistently when looking at a user's details.

Right now, when you choose "Edit Contact" from the page summarizing an application, you can edit contact details but not log in as that user. However, when you choose "Edit" from the organization summary page you can edit contact details and log in as that user.

My suggestion would be to put the "Log In As User" botton any place you can edit a user's details.

Aaron

Idea posted August 10, 2011 by Aaron Spevacek, Foundant Technologies

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 16 17