GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. delete a single evaluation after completion

We recently had an evaluator recuse herself of evaluating 2 of our applicants due to conflicts of interest. She wasn't sure how to get those organizations to stop showing up on her list, so she just blindly marked "zeros" across all lines of both applications. This messed up the percentages, but I was informed that it was not possible to remove an evaluation after it had been completed. The entire application had to be reset to the "application complete" stage and all the other evaluations were deleted and had to be redone. This was very frustrating and I believe unnecessary.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Batch document download

We often need to pull request documents from applications in bulk. It would save time if this could be done in a batch, via Reports or other method (the template for the new batch process for payments comes to mind but exporting Request Documents is doubtless much more involved).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Applicant's dashboard - requests should be supported by Date

The sort order of requests that an applicant sees on their dashboard (under both the Active and Historical Requests tabs) should be by a date field, either the date the first form was submitted (either LOI or Application), or by the Decision date. It apparently (per Joe Spence on the Support desk) is currently sorted by the import date, which has no meaning to an applicant. When I as an admin look at requests for an Organization, they are sorted by decision date, which would work well for applicants as well. If you need an example of the currently wonky…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Using a follow up more than once for the same grant (different years)

It would be nice if individual follow ups could be assigned more than once to a given grant so that one doesn’t need to create dozens of copies of the same follow up for a multi-year grant. For example, I am processing a ten-year grant, and it would be great if I didn’t need to create 10 copies of each annual follow-up but instead could assign the same follow-ups 10 times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Application Form Time Data

I would like to run a report for our Board members that illustrates the length of time it takes for applicants to complete our grant application form. We wanted to run a report from start time to finish time for each grant applicant and calculate an average time spent on the application. This data would be valuable and help us with our process improvements for our grants program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Status Change Log items for specific followups

I'm trying to see when i reverted the status of a specific followup from submitted back to draft. However, because that followup is not the most recent one, I see nothing about that status change in the log. I would like the status change log to show changes made to specific followups by the name of that followup.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. LoR request reminder - Fixed Date

3rd Party Request Reminder on a Fixed Day Please

Our scholarship deadline is January 15th. Some on-the-ball students will send out their LoR requests on November 10, but some will do it on January 15th. I can't send a reminder to a teacher on November 17th (too early), and January 22nd is too late. I'd like to send a reminder to everyone with an outstanding LoR on January 16th. The '7-day-after-request' might work for grants processes, but it's not as useful for scholarships. No X days later, type setting would be useful. Can you make it set-able for a fixed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SLM - can we download an uploaded document in each applicant file together

Each student uploads e.g. a photo and once a year I might like to extract said photo with regard to one specific process together i.e. download all student photos from a certain scholarship in one go. Also could be used for Thank You letters to become reports to donors. I think this is a brilliant idea and Christmas is coming!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. slm

For those of us asking for items on our wish list in SLM perhaps we can give it a title that starts with SLM - so that when we get our own ideas lab we can just move all our asks easily over to it. Also easier to search the ideas lab at present if all queries relating to SLM start with the letters SLM?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding the Approved Stage merge fields as an option for merge fields in email templates

I'm working on Financial Followup Assignment Notifications and discovered that none of the Approved stage merge fields are available to insert in the email templates. Everything up to "Approved" is available. We use grant numbers as a key identifier with our grantees. I was going to add the grant number field as a merge field in an email template, but can't do so.

This will be more time consuming for me, since I will now have to take an extra step in our assignment notifications. Hopefully Foundant will be able to add Approved fields as an option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email HTML Code in Comment Fields

Would it be possible to allow HTML code to be included in Comment Boxes as valid characters? When I save external email threads as copied and pasted email from outlook, it copies the HTML code < and > in front of and end of the email address. I always get the error HTML tags are not allowed and have to manually go in and remove at least one of the HTML symbols to save the comment. Not the end of the world, but slows me down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include branch logic questions as part of a regular question group (not a separate group)

It should be possible to use questions that utilize branching and access all of the branched options within a regular question group (very similar to qualtrix, where you can have a regular question mixed in with a question with branching in a single section).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Guidestar Data

Is there any way we can upload the Guidestar Charity Check to the Organization Documents as easily as we do the Past Funders and General Information? This would be a nice feature. I'm always having to save it as a pdf and then upload it from my documents. One less step if we could do it like the others. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make internal follow ups assigned visible on applicant dashboard

We just started using internal follow-up assignments for our staff to complete verbal reports with grant partners. I noticed that the internal assignment is not visible on the applicant dashboard, only those that are assigned externally to the org. contacts. It would be super helpful if ALL reports assigned for the grant regardless of internal or not were visible on the dashboard so there are no surprises for the grant partners and they have a true, full picture of all the reporting dates scheduled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Evaluations within the LOI stage.

Our organization would like to do two layers of evaluations within the LOI stage. This is currently the way the Application stage is set up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. GLM Integration with MailChimp

Hi. I'm told that Community Suite integrates with MailChimp. Curious to know if Foundant plans to add that feature to GLM?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Close, Abandon, Delete Request - Addition Options

It would be nice that also included would be Close Request - Incomplete and Close Request - Complete.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Applicant Able to Have 2+ Accounts

Many of our applicants are contracted grant writers and use one email address. As such, in order for them to do their job, they're needing to make up a new email address every time they apply on behalf of a new organization. Can we please allow applicants the ability to link to more than one account?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. dashboard

It would be helpful if the Approval tab view on my SLM dashboard could be sorted by applicant last name instead of first name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to see Grant Managers in dashboard columns

Should be a customizable column so Foundation staff can see who is working on what grants without having to open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base