GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Two contacts assigned to grant applications.

Having the choice to assign two contacts to a grant application and followups. Small organizations or volunteer-based organizations have turnover, and we've had instances where the contact assigned has left the organization, and reminder notifications about grant reporting are never seen. This could be fixed by having a backup email automatically assigned.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grant Refund

Add grant refund to payment option or something to note that it has been refunded partially or entirely

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Missy,

Thanks for the detail on how you would like this to appear in GLM. It will definitely help us as we look at implementing this both for people who use the integration and not.

I will work to keep the string updated with additional comments and timeline.

Best
    sammie

3. Additional contacts

Got a great idea from one of my grantees in their eval today:
    "While it was easy for me to acquire login information from your organization, it might be easier on you to have people create their own account and then choose their organization from a drop down box. It would save you from always having to create accounts."
    So think about that as an option!
    Meanwhile - I have to go merge two people from the same school district because someone didn;t contact me and I thought I had the duplicate id warning set up,

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Summary report for individual reviewers

Would like to ability to generate a report for each individual evaluator so that they have a summary of their scores, comments & recommended amounts, so that they can reference it during grant discussion meetings. Currently, there is no report builder field to check to called "Evaluator" or "Reviewer."

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Board Member Access to Follow Up Reports

The process to access Follow Up reports for our board members is certainly cumbersome, and discourages board members from using the online data (read this as I have to produce paper copies of each follow-up). A folder on their Dashboard would be helpful; and at a minimum, it would be useful to have a "Return to Follow Ups Submitted" option, so that they don't have to go all the way back to Requests and Decisions to pull up each report.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy and paste questions when creating a form

Some of the forms I have created have similar questions in different sections. When creating the form, it would be convenient to be able to duplicate a question and tweak it, rather than create it again from scratch. I think this would be a big time saver. Thanks!

Idea posted October 12, 2011 by Robert Williams, Virginia Department of Transportation

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dropdown Menu for State and City

Create dropdown question for locations (State, City) when organizations are creating their profiles on Foundant. As we run reports, I have noticed that organizations will misspell cities, write city names in ALL CAPS, abbreviate state names, or write state names in ALL CAPS. This presents a problem when generating reports and having to go back and clean all that. It would be great if organizations had the option to select the state where they are located from a drop down menu, then choose the city they are located in from a drop down menu as well. This would generate clean,…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show "date last modified" in workflow list for draft LOIs, applications, and followups

It would be helpful to show the date last modified on the workflow page that lists applications, LOIs, or followups that are in draft form. (Much as the date submitted is shown for submitted applications, LOIs, and followups.) This way I could tell at a glance whether applicants are progressing on their drafts. https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/975796/Image1.jpg?1382554177

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Declined vs. Denied

Language is important and we take great pride in using "Denied" and "Declined" in different ways. An application that is "Denied" is one that is ineligible, whereas a "Declined" application is one where the committee declined the opportunity to fund it. "Declined" is a much gentler/softer term, much less harsh than "Denied." It would be great if Foundant would allow us to both "Deny" and "Decline" an application. However, if that's not an option, we would love to be able to change "Denied" to "Declined" or make this designation customizable (like how we can customize the Evaluator role name). Thank…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Primary Org Contact to view follow up reports and due dates

Can you add the follow up report view to the primary contact of an organization? I am getting requests from ED's asking if they can please be able to view all of their following reports from various applicants within the organization.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Batch Approval

I know we can currently batch DECLINE applications- would it be possible to batch APPROVE applications as well?

Idea posted May 2, 2012 by Emily Bronson, Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Form Builder - Columns and Calculations

Just a couple ideas...

1. Would love it would be nice if we had columns and the ability to span each field across columns, i.e. 1/3 and 2/3 or 1/3, 1/3 or 1/3. This would really cut down on the length of the form, imagine City. State, and Zip on one line.

2. If I did have columns, how great would it be to have fields that would do calculations. This would be a great feature for a budget.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Thank for your feedback around columns and formulas in application.

I would love a little more information:
    1) do you need all of the data in table type question to be available in reporting OR would you want things like the total to be flagged and only those cartain fields be reportable?

2) what is the average size of these table 3×12 for examples?

Thanks for your thoughts as we considering implementing this into the solution.

Sammie

13. Grantee Application Access

Hi Foundant,

Is there anyway to make all forms assigned to an applicant availble to them immediately once they have been assigned? It seems we have had numerous grantees emailing us lately because they need access to a follow up, but can't get to it because our office needs to go in and mark any previous forms complete. I am sure there is a 'method behind the madness' here, but it sure would help our efficiency as well as the grantees to know exactly when each follow up is due rather than only being able to see one form at…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reminder for Multiyear grants

The system does not notify me when the next payment is due and I was just wondering if that could be something added as I tend to forget. I thought this would be a nice feature especially for Community Foundation who have multiyear grants/installments throughout many years.

We also grant some funds in three year cycles as they are smaller funds with highly specific designations. I would love a way to check each grant and what year they are in using the installment form. It would be great just to schedule a reminder for ourselfs.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. One place to view all documents

As it works now, we can upload documents to an organization or request and applicants upload documents into our letter of inquiry, application and follow-up forms. The downside is that when we go to look for a document, we have to know exactly where it was uploaded.

It would be amazing to have one place on the Organization Summary page where we can see all uploaded documents for that organization in one place, with columns showing when the document was uploaded, which Project Name it is associated with, which form it is located in, etc. It would also be amazing…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Julie,

Thanks much for the suggestion. Internally, we have discussed something like this to help improve access to documents as we have realized it can be a pain point for users. I really appreciate the details you provide here in the suggestion – that definitely helps me understand more completely what you’re looking for.

I’m not sure when we may be able to tackle this, and I can’t promise that our implementation will match exactly what you’re proposing, but I do think we need to start considering adding something like this.

Thanks again for taking time to provide feedback!
    -chris

16. Packet File Names include Organization Name and Project Name

When you download a packet, the system defaults to including the Project Name+"Packet".
    In my downloaded file backups, I manually add the Organization Names to the beginning of each of these, and the word, "Application."
    Please make it so the file name is:
    "Organization Name+Project Name+Form Name/Type"

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Follow up

It would be amazing if applicants could access/edit follow up forms regardless of their due date. This would allow them to access multiple follow ups at one time, even if there were different due dates for each follow up.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pending Deadlines

It would be very helpful if, on the applicant side of the dashboard, that urgent items/impending due dates could be big/red/or listed at the top of each process.
    We consistently run into grantees not being able to find their final grant report/follow up forms that are due on their dashboard because it's listed at the bottom and not called to attention in any real way.

Also, many grantees never see the edit button to the far right because there's a large white space after the text, so they assume there's no more information and don't realize that the full page…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multiple reminder emails

Increase the number or make customizeable the number of reminders that can be sent. Our leadership prefers 2 reminders BEFORE the due date rather than 1 before and 1 after. :-)

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sort email templates

It would would be very handy if we could have the sorting feature added to the header on the email templates list.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base