GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Reports - Lock Column Headings

Would be helpful if column headings locked so you could see them as you scroll down the report, like you can in Excel.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collaborator Field

It would be helpful for administrators to have a field (in the request summary or somewhere else) so they can see if there are collaborators in a request.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scholarship communication with applicants via text

Many students do not check their emails or voicemails on a regular basis. Some do not even set up their voicemail boxes. Texting is their primary mode of communication. Having the capability of texting messages to the applicant might speed up their response to our requests.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Would anyone else like to see Declined grants in the Dashboard?

I love the quick Dashboard view to see what has been submitted, granted, etc. but would also like the same info at a glance for the number grants which have been declined. There doesn't seem to a be a "one click" way to view this info.

posted August 5, 2011 by Alison King, The Ron Joyce Foundation

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Consideration  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Check/Uncheck All in Data Sets

When building a data set to run a report, it would be great to have a check all/uncheck all box. When I'm building my general data set to build my individual scholarship reports from it's very time consuming to have to check every single box for each question in the data field step.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shared documents for applicants to use in applications

Now that Foundant GLM is used by so many foundations, perhaps it would be useful for applicants to be able to load documents in something like Shared Documents that they could insert into applications. Such documents could include Annual Reports, Board Members, Current Major Donors, Current Operating Budget, Audit, Letters of Support, Letters from Collaborators. It would be the applicant's responsibility to keep these Shared Documents up to date. Pulling these Shared Documents into an Application could be a time saver for applicants.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    Merged to similar ideas together so we can see the discussion in one spot.

While we have heard this in the idea lab and in multiple user groups and you fly, we buys I believe we still have some outstanding questions before this hit the GLM roadmap.

1) Is this on the request or organization level or both?
    2) would you want to limit the number of documents someone could upload, labeling specifically what needs to be uploaded? A concern that we have heard in the past is just an open upload area might be filtered with clutter, thoughts on that?
    3) Do they need due dates/expiration dates? How will you know they a still current?

Thoughts are just a couple thoughts I have right off the bat. Thanks for helping to continue the conversation.
    Sammie

7. Communication Tracking

Please consider adding a feature to document within the system a communications and activity log for organizations. All staff could access this log to monitor our engagement and verify information. It could be used for phone calls, emails, site visits, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Debbie,

This is something we’ve discussed internally. Our idea at this point is to allow administrators, within an organization’s record, to added comments coded as different types of communication (such as phone call, in person visit, email), etc. This would not be int he same section as the current comments are, but it would be more of a communication-manager.

That said, we haven’t gone into a lot of detail with this yet. If you have more detail you could add to your suggestion, I’d be grateful to get a better idea of what you have in mind.

Thanks,
    -chris

8. batch charity check

Batch Charity Check
    I would love to be able to run a batch charity check. Ideally, I should be checking charity status at the time an application is received (prior to bringing to the board for recommendation) and again once payment is being processed. We have to board cycles a year with approx. 150-175 grants per each cycle. Does anyone have any workarounds they've put in place?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shared Documents - Access per Process

It would be very beneficial to allow Shared Documents to be uploaded per Process. Currently if you upload shared documents, all board members in other processes can also see anything that is uploaded. We are unable to use this for our committees for this reason and I have to e-mail the documents versus the board members being able to review them in Foundant.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Batch "add installment" and "make payment"

It would be handy to be able to add installments in a batch as well as make payments in a batch. We just distributed 53 checks and the last thing I want to do right now is have to manually update the amount and date of each of those checks. What would be handy is to have a list of all payments due and a batch payment option to indicate their completion.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reminder Features

We do not have any reminder features in GLM. That would be a great thing to add. Something to remind me to send out an email within the system so that I don't have to set up an external reminder.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Minerva,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have recently been discussing the idea of adding task items to GLM.

These could be actions to assign to yourself or other users in the systems. This seems like it would accomplish what you are looking for but would love to hear more feedback from you and others.

Thanks
    -chris

12. Include email responses in Contact email history

The contact email history would be a much better tool if it included all correspondence with the applicants. Only being able to view emails sent to the applicant and not seeing responses makes it an incomplete history.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. duplicates

Duplicate organization Fix - For all new User accounts I would like to suggest that the organization be available as a pop-up selection options vs initially creating the organization. This could cut down on the many duplicate fixs still be experienced in the system.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to view additional fields on the Request Summary

It would be great to be able to view some additional information on the Request Summary, specifically the project start and end date, and the total grant award. Ideally, it would be able to customize that form to our needs. Program staff don't want to have to open the application to find that information and would prefer to have it on the Request Summary.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notification for Payment Installment

I would like to have the ability to program a notification so I'm alerted when an installment payment is due. I see this working the same way as follow-up reminders work for grantees, but it would be an internal notification set up to remind an administrator that a payment is coming due on an installment grant.

Thanks for your consideration.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Customize file download name

When using a merge template to create word or PDF documents, it would be really helpful id the file name included the organization name or project name. For example, when having to download multiple PDF applications individually (from the Request & Decisions page), the file name used for all is the name of the merge template file. I then have to go back and rename each application form which is very cumbersome.

Hopefully, this is an easy fix:)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Attachments in the grant application - build on until size limit has been met

Allow the grantees to add multiple attachments until the size limit has been met per attachment item. As it is only one attachment at a time. Any added after the first cancels out the first attachment.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Timing of Automated Emails

Hi there. I notice that some of the automated emails I have set up in my processes are sent out by the Foundant system at odd hours of the night. Recently I had a batch of reminder emails that were sent through the Foundant system at 2:00 AM. It would be wonderful if I could set a time for those emails to go out, or at the very least to have the system send automated emails at a more reasonable hour. My concern is that if grantees have email and notifications set up on their phone, my reminder email might…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Julia,

Thank you for your feed and the thoughtful consideration of late notifications for others, I know they are no fun when I receive them myself.

You are correct that most of our scheduled emails will be sent out at night do to the service we current user. However, as we look at 2019 we are considering at how we send automated emails out of the system and I will bring this thought to our conversation.

- Sammie

19. Allow for weighting of different evaluation questions

At this point, we are having to use an external, web-based tool called Jotform to do our quantitative evaluation of proposals because of that programs ability to weight different criteria more heavily than others. This is creating a good amount of double work as we then need to move scores and program officer summary content from Jotform back into Foundant to maintain historical memory. We'd love to see the day when we can shed Jotform altogether. Any chances of that?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Deleting an organization entirely

I'd like to request the ability to delete an organization entirely, even if the organization had an application previously. I am unable to permanently delete the organization, even though the request has been deleted because the system still thinks there is an application attached to that organization. We have several organizations that began requests but have either left them blank or partially filled in. I've deleted the requests but would like to delete the organizations altogether as they are not eligible for our grants and will not be able to apply.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base