GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. When exporting data from a process, the date an application, LOI, etc was submitted is not included...though the date it was created is. I think the more relevant information is when an application was submitted.

I recognize that date submitted is available via the dashboard; however, it adds several steps of trying to harmonize the dashboard copy paste to the data exported from GLM to achieve the same result. I might add that the dashboard date does not include the actual time an application was submitted...useful for those who have 5 pm cut offs for grant applciations and want to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. At the current time there is no one person in a grantee organization that can see all the grants submitted from that organization since the system is based on each user rather than an organization. We have grantees, though, with multiple programs and departments (e.g., a university) that want to (a) manage the overall relationship with our foundation and (b) see all the grants they have submitted to us. Is it possible to provide a means for the primary contact to see everything submitted, approved, etc. for that organization?

Idea posted June 1, 2012 by Skip Moore, Weaver Foundation

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I know this has come up before, but I wonder if there's been any progress on making the grant status not immediately available to applicants.

Recently, I updated grant decisions for one of our clients and within an hour or so an applicant had emailed the program officer to ask if the new "Final Report Due" status meant there had been news. The applicant hadn't even been checking on that particular application, but had logged in to apply to another of our clients and, reaching the Status page, noticed the change.

Had we been able to keep the status under…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I like clean data and so having many organization records with duplicate contacts drives me nuts. Deactivating a user doesn't delete them from the contacts, unfortunately. I would like to see a holding tank where we could move the duplicates so they don't clutter user information. In lieu of that, I'll have to create a dummy organization where I can store all the dupes.

Idea posted June 16, 2011 by Leslie Wozniak, Five Bridges Foundation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I love the link to Organization Email History, but I am wondering if anybody else wishes there was a link back to the organization after you have reviewed the history. It is aggravating to have to go back to Organizations and search again, unless I am missing something.

Any chance we could get a "back to" link from the email history page?

Thanks!

Lynn Larson, Foundation Administrator, Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation

posted September 26, 2013 by Lynn Larson, Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to be able to share uploaded documents with applicants. I am talking about documents not part of a form but still related to a specific application. Specifically, I would love for grant partners to be able to see a copy of their signed grant agreement. These agreements are the only paper documents we still keep and we often receive requests for information in these documents. Agreements have original signatures of both our President and the grant partner's leadership and include reporting dates, grant restrictions, program budget and goals. These agreements are uploaded to individual applications in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Most of us here have the Foundant login URL bookmarked for easy in and out of the system. But if we happen to not be on a computer with that, then we (or our grantees) are always scrambling to find the amazingly long and complicated URL to login to the system. It would be terrific if we could go with something shorter, redirect the URL from something more intuitive that would hopefully still provide the necessary security, ie: http://www.grantinterface.com/XYZorganization....Thanks !

posted June 19, 2012 by Donna Gassie, Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My initial question to Support: "One of our processes closed last night at midnight. A number of applicants successfully submitted their applications before the deadline, but their dashboard page says the submitted date was today, which, technically means they submitted late, and which caused me to receive a number of panicky emails. Can this be fixed?"

The response I got: "The date on the applicant dashboard currently uses GMT. There is no way for us to change this but switching to Central has been suggested to our developers. You can also post the idea to the Idea lab to see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be helpful to add one more field as an option for reports and that is sort name. I use organization name, but those agencies with a The in front of their name throw off my alphabetical list every time! And I too think it would be helpful to have an uncheck all box in table layout.

Thanks.

Laura

posted March 12, 2013 by Laura Duty, Carl B. & Florence E. King Foundation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Background: Applications can only be reviewed (changing report fields, marking the application complete or sending it back to draft, etc) if you click the Review icon (pencil and paper). If you instead click the project name, then the View icon (paper only) beside the application, you will see the application but will not have these functions available.

Could there be a link or button added to the latter application to bring you back to the Review mode - like "Toggle to Review Mode" or "Review This Application"?

posted September 16, 2013 by Mary Giraulo, United Arts of Central Florida

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Our Foundation just started using electronic grant agreements for our Winter funding cycle. We came to the realization that grantees can edit several important report fields such as amount funded. We think it would be wonderful it Foundant would be able to make it so that only administrators of grant agreements can edit these important boxes or possibly set permissions so that if a grantee did try to change the amount in the box they would need a special password. We realize that the odds of someone changing the amount funded is slim, but we would not like to tempt…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like it if the Foundant page could be designed to look more like our webpage.

posted February 13, 2012 by Grant Coates, The Miles Foundation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I need the Organization Website report field for a report I'm making using the Decisions template. I see it is only available in the Commitments and FollowUps Templates. Is there any way to include this field in other templates as well? This seems to be an oversight and is as important as other Organization contact info.

posted July 11, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to go to View the request summary and assign the follow up, and afterward, see the link at the top and bottom of the page that will take me back to the Granted list. The shortcut link only appears when I look at the request summary, but not after I set up the follow up. I have to go back to the Dashboard and then back to Granted. Seems like a step could be taken out, if it's possible?

posted June 14, 2013 by Dana Jeffery, Ben & Jerry's Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We would like to carry over internal report fields into Follow Ups that can be viewed by grantees for their information but not modifiable. This would particularly be helpful with fields like Grant Amount and Final Report Due Date in Grant Agreements and Final Reports.

posted October 25, 2012 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Good Afternoon,

I was giving my board members an overview ofthe new database, and one of them mentioned that I ask if there was a way that when you are about to close out of an application, evaluation, etc...if there was a way a prompt could come up and ask if you would like to save your work.

I am not sure if this has been suggested before, but my board member thought it would be useful since the "save" button a lot of times can not be seen at the bottom of the screen

Thank you.

posted September 11,…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We no longer use an upload field in our LOIs -but when applicants submit the form, and create the request in the pdf format, they are concerned when they see:

I get frantic calls about not seeing where they were supposed to upload a file, when there simply was no file upload. If it is possible to have the File Attachment Summary drop off for applications without upload questions, it would save some panicking and dramatic phone calls!

posted September 6, 2013 by Dana Jeffery, Ben & Jerry's Foundation

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/964068/File_Attachment_Summary.png?1380418781

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice to have the Report Title--as we save it--on the report page, and not just the system titles (Commitments etc. )

I'm learning to really think through the report before I start constructing it so that I make all the basic sort, filter etc. decisons before I save it and therefore have a record of those seletion criteria.

If I keep saving the report while I'm constructing end up with many different reports of the same name. Is there anyway to save new changes to an existing saved report?

Thanks,

Joan

posted October 18, 2011 by Joan…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Wouldn't it be great to have topline information - ie giving YTD, largest grant, graph by program area, etc - right on the dashboard when you sign in? This improves strategic grantmaking and data management and makes use of ALREADY EXISTING data. It can be done on some level but is likely not a Foundant priority....unless you chime in! Curious for people to add in the comments what metrics / info would be most helpful to see, because there's certainly not a catch-all for every client. But, if we see certain trends, it might be easier for them to integrate.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We were thrilled when you first offered auto-email, but found ourselves in an embarrassing sitation when we had to re-enter some applications on behalf of applicants. This was due to a techinical problem on our end, and the applicants were not involved. Lo and behold, when we clicked 'submit' they all got emails thanking them for their application. This did cause confusion and embarrassment. I think auto-email is great, but would it be possible to add a feature to prompt us to confirm the email be sent prior to it automatically being sent off? This could be a global feature…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?