GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

321 results found

1. The font of the header text on the workload pages is crazy-tiny, especially given that it's bolded. Please change this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If we need to change the due date for a follow up form that is assigned to a cycle of grants in one process, it'd be convenient to make those changes in a batch instead of individually making the change with each applicant. When we are dealing with 50 applicants in a process, this can be tedious.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Build a function where in-progress LOIs/applications and evaluations autosave regularly (perhaps every 30 seconds like in Google Drive/Forms)? I cannot tell you how many folks exit the page or forgot to hit save/submit, and lose all of their work, because they're used to autosave functions on so many other softwares they use. This would save so many headaches, and truly improve the experience for our applicants, grantess, and staff.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Annie,

Autosave is enabled in all Foundant forms.  Questions save as you move from question to question, with every 100 characters in text responses, and any other click or take action the work will be saved.  At a maximum with our autosave a user should only lose work of one questions.  If you have seen this not be the case we ask the you please escalate to our support team. 

-sammie

4. I would love for the text format requirements in the Organization Information section to be eliminated or more flexible! As an organization that works internationally, many of these fields do not allow us to input respective phone numbers or addresses accurately due to these restrictions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When a new grant applicant creates a new account in GLM, they get an error message if they don't enter the phone number in the correct form. If there's a required format - in this case ###-###-#### that example should be shown next to the label Phone Number like it is for the EIN field.

Having a error message pop up when you haven't told someone there's a required format is rude and not the welcoming experience we want for our grantees. This is a simple and quick fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently you can run a report based on the following: Owner race, ethnicity, DOB, gender...

We would love to be able to also add "owner country of origin" in the reportable data fields. It doesn't seem like this would be too difficult to do since the other fields are already there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to confirm that table fields will sync when I copy forward my current process. I've added tables to several processes and need to combine the similar fields in reports today. When we copy our current process forward, I hope the table fields will automatically sync in reporting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When an organization is created, it would be helpful if there is a way to set up a notification to specified administrators so we know to verify and check that the information entered matches what the IRS shows. This could be accomplished either by adding a BCC field on the system email templates or it could be accomplished by adding the option to the admin notification options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be helpful to be able to see all applications and follow-up forms tied to a process.

Right now when I'm looking up all applications for each process I have to remember who applied, then go to their organization's profile.

If applications and follow-up forms were tied to a process, it would be easier to look up who applied for what "cycle."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  UI/UX  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have just bumped into GLM's limitation for increasing a grant amount after installments have been paid, even though follow-ups are pending and the grant isn't closed. I searched for other posts on this topic and fund several that had all be archived for lack of votes. Our Community Foundation needs the ability to increase award amounts because when we do not initially fund a proposal in full, we often talk to our donors about helping bridge the gap. For reporting on grant activity and outcomes, it's important that these "follow-on" grants are linked to the same request. There are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10/4/2023: Grants: Enhanced the look of the Grant Catalog by adding tabs: Details, Grantees, Content.  This will allow for better organization of the fields within a grant Catalog.  The header box will be a quick reference point for the Catalog ID, Request Dates, Catalog Dates, and the Funding Goal.

From the Details tab, users will find the detail options and settings, grant categories, and the reporting for the Grant Catalog.  Added the functionality for Grant Catalogs to allow for a Nonprofit to receive a donation amount over the Requested amount. This new option is a checkbox on the Grant Catalog Details tab, Allow Overfund Grants.    Once the grant has been fully funded, it will move from the Unfunded Bucket to the New Bucket.

Grantees Tab will be house all of the Grantees information.  On the left hand menu, users will find a new options to Invite Grantees to the Grant…

11. Can the date of birth in SLM Sync across into CSuite onto the students profile, so a report can be ran through CSuite?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After submitting common applications, opportunities with internal visibility opportunity specific questions still must be manually submitted.

Expected result: When no opportunity specific questions are visible to applicants, automatically submit like an opportunity with no opportunity specific questions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would help users who type in access codes incorrectly if the system gave an error message rather than just returning to the same screen. Without an error message, they don't know they have the code wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be helpful if the link to Return to Application Submitted appeared at the top of a propoal as well as the very end. Sometimes we don't want to scroll to the bottom to return there, such as when we are looking up something that is at the beginning of the proposal. This would save time.

On a minor note, should the Dashboard say "Applications Submitted;" that is a plural of application?

Idea posted October 5, 2011 by Judith Bardes, The Douty Foundation

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I love the ability to enter in decision comments, but if we don't finalize the decision (approve/decline) of an LOI or App., GLM doesn't save those comments. It would be valuable to me if comments could be saved in interim, because certain LOIs/Apps require further discussion with other Board members. Right now I resort to printing out the LOI/App and keeping written notes to bring to a meeting.

Idea posted July 3, 2012 by Meredith Huffman

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've noticed that, after updating an applicant's information, the system brings me to a list of all of the users, rather than bringing me back to the user's or organization's page. I then have to do my search over again if I had any other information to be updated for that user or organization.

It would be great if the system put me back on the user's or organization's page, instead.

Thanks.

Idea posted April 23, 2012 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be wonderful if - when we click on the button for ADD DOCUMENT - the cursor would jump immediately to the Description Box - ready for typing. This happens when we click on Organization from the Dashboard and it would save time and clicks if it is possible.

Thanks

Idea posted May 30, 2013 by Kathryn Treanor, Dietel Partners, LLC

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We no longer use an upload field in our LOIs -but when applicants submit the form, and create the request in the pdf format, they are concerned when they see:

I get frantic calls about not seeing where they were supposed to upload a file, when there simply was no file upload. If it is possible to have the File Attachment Summary drop off for applications without upload questions, it would save some panicking and dramatic phone calls!

posted September 6, 2013 by Dana Jeffery, Ben & Jerry's Foundation

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/964068/File_Attachment_Summary.png?1380418781

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. At the current time there is no one person in a grantee organization that can see all the grants submitted from that organization since the system is based on each user rather than an organization. We have grantees, though, with multiple programs and departments (e.g., a university) that want to (a) manage the overall relationship with our foundation and (b) see all the grants they have submitted to us. Is it possible to provide a means for the primary contact to see everything submitted, approved, etc. for that organization?

Idea posted June 1, 2012 by Skip Moore, Weaver Foundation

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When exporting data from a process, the date an application, LOI, etc was submitted is not included...though the date it was created is. I think the more relevant information is when an application was submitted.

I recognize that date submitted is available via the dashboard; however, it adds several steps of trying to harmonize the dashboard copy paste to the data exported from GLM to achieve the same result. I might add that the dashboard date does not include the actual time an application was submitted...useful for those who have 5 pm cut offs for grant applciations and want to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?