GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Pending Deadlines

It would be very helpful if, on the applicant side of the dashboard, that urgent items/impending due dates could be big/red/or listed at the top of each process.
    We consistently run into grantees not being able to find their final grant report/follow up forms that are due on their dashboard because it's listed at the bottom and not called to attention in any real way.

Also, many grantees never see the edit button to the far right because there's a large white space after the text, so they assume there's no more information and don't realize that the full page…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. State of California Franchise Tax Board

I would love to see a subtab under the GuideStar Charity Check for the State of California Franchise Tax Board Revoked exempt organizations list.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/business/types/charities-nonprofits/revoked-entity-list.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email HTML Code in Comment Fields

Would it be possible to allow HTML code to be included in Comment Boxes as valid characters? When I save external email threads as copied and pasted email from outlook, it copies the HTML code < and > in front of and end of the email address. I always get the error HTML tags are not allowed and have to manually go in and remove at least one of the HTML symbols to save the comment. Not the end of the world, but slows me down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Declined vs. Denied

Language is important and we take great pride in using "Denied" and "Declined" in different ways. An application that is "Denied" is one that is ineligible, whereas a "Declined" application is one where the committee declined the opportunity to fund it. "Declined" is a much gentler/softer term, much less harsh than "Denied." It would be great if Foundant would allow us to both "Deny" and "Decline" an application. However, if that's not an option, we would love to be able to change "Denied" to "Declined" or make this designation customizable (like how we can customize the Evaluator role name). Thank…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Draft save of GLM emails

When the system times out when creating a GLM email you lose all the text you were working on. Just happened to me again lol! It would be fantastic if there was a draft save of the email so this work does not get lost.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guidestar Data

Is there any way we can upload the Guidestar Charity Check to the Organization Documents as easily as we do the Past Funders and General Information? This would be a nice feature. I'm always having to save it as a pdf and then upload it from my documents. One less step if we could do it like the others. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Follow Up Due Dates - Past Due Notices

Why are follow up forms showing Past Due on the due date? Foundant needs to change their Past Due notice to 11:59 p.m. the day of the due date. NOT 12 a.m. the day the follow up is due! Our grantees panic when they see Past Due on the very day that their follow up is due.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restructure User/Organization Accounts

The Collaborator tool is definitely a step in the right direction, so thank you for that. However, perhaps you should consider completely reconfiguring how you handle user accounts. A more user-friendly and versatile structure would be for an organization to create an account for the organization and then have users associated with that organization. Each organization would have an admin that would approve user roles within the organization. In this way, all users within an org could access the organization's account (subject to the permissions set by the admin) and work on or see other requests/grant/reports. The current structure presents…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Simplify Endowment Reporting

It would be great if there would be a way that I can link the forms update everyone who is an endowment reportee for multiple processes all at once so that I don't have to mannually do it per process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make internal follow ups assigned visible on applicant dashboard

We just started using internal follow-up assignments for our staff to complete verbal reports with grant partners. I noticed that the internal assignment is not visible on the applicant dashboard, only those that are assigned externally to the org. contacts. It would be super helpful if ALL reports assigned for the grant regardless of internal or not were visible on the dashboard so there are no surprises for the grant partners and they have a true, full picture of all the reporting dates scheduled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add how many evaluations have been completed by each evaluator under evaluation assignments.

It would be nice to be able to see how many evaluations have been completed by each evaluator under the evaluation assignments section, so we can know which evaluators are still missing reviews. Currently you are able to see which applications are missing reviews, and you have to go into the individual application to see which evaluators are the ones that haven't completed their evaluation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Batch option to email evaluators who are missing/have incomplete evaluations under the Application Evaluation Assigned section.

It would be nice to have a batch option to email evaluators who are missing/ have incomplete evaluations under the Application Evaluation Assigned section. Currently this batch option is only available if you are looking at a specific applications evaluation. However, this is not very helpful when you have dozens or hundreds of applications with different evaluators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Summary report for individual reviewers

Would like to ability to generate a report for each individual evaluator so that they have a summary of their scores, comments & recommended amounts, so that they can reference it during grant discussion meetings. Currently, there is no report builder field to check to called "Evaluator" or "Reviewer."

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. reconciliation

Every month, we reconcile our records between Foundant and our accounting software. While this isn't a problem with monetary grants, we find it very difficult to keep track of which payments for in-kind donations of goods have been reconciled each month. Especially since we operate under accrual accounting. We purchase a ton of goods and products for grantees and pantry partners each month.

It would be really great if there was a way to flag payments as reconciled - especially on the Payment Tracking page. Just like you can add payments to installations, if I could also look at past…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. budget tables

It would really help to be able to create a standard budget grid, i.e.one that looks like what Excel does for any kind of budget. Having to export to Excel to create such a document and then upload each document is a real problem.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Different automatic email for Universe submission than Opportunity submission

I would like to see a unique automatic email that is sent after the applicant submits their Universe. I want it to be 100% clear to students that they still have more work to do. I've detailed the additional steps in parts of my Universe, but I think the unique email would really drive the message home.
    I'm thinking it could be super simple, like this:

Dear {{Applicant.FirstName}},

Congratulations, your "Universal" scholarship application for {{Process.Name}} has been successfully submitted on {{Submission.InitialSubmitDate}}. Now you should know which individual scholarship opportunities you qualify for, and you can complete any Supplemental Questions for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Batch document download

We often need to pull request documents from applications in bulk. It would save time if this could be done in a batch, via Reports or other method (the template for the new batch process for payments comes to mind but exporting Request Documents is doubtless much more involved).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Using a follow up more than once for the same grant (different years)

It would be nice if individual follow ups could be assigned more than once to a given grant so that one doesn’t need to create dozens of copies of the same follow up for a multi-year grant. For example, I am processing a ten-year grant, and it would be great if I didn’t need to create 10 copies of each annual follow-up but instead could assign the same follow-ups 10 times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We are having issues with syncing grants and scholarships.

I wish syncing were not based on EXACT matches. For example, if an applicant puts Minnesota instead of MN it will NOT sync over. Couldn't a drop box listing states be created for applicants to eliminate this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding vendors and partners to our grantee database

Teachers are the grantees. The arts and science venues and bus transportation companies are key vendors and partners. We'd like to communicate with all parties concerned to deliver an awesome experience when awarding our grants.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base