GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

321 results found

1. I've had a problem where I am editing an email template to be sent to a grantee, then I upload a document. When the email form reappears, the editing I did has disappeared. I just sent an email with an attachment that was supposed to have been edited, but I realized it was the unedited version after I had hit send.

Please help us not have to edit the email twice -- or worse, send an incorrect email!

Ideas that come to mind to avoid this problem:

1. Allow us to save the edited email before uploading a document;

2. Putting the…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently, if applicants make a mistake when they attach a document to an application, LOI, etc. they can replace the document with another attachment. This works when they attach the wrong document. However if they attach a document in the wrong place, they can't delete or remove the attachment. The best they can do is attach a blank document in its place. It would be nice if applicants could remove something they attached without attaching a new document.

Idea posted July 20, 2011 by Aaron Spevacek, Foundant Technologies

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I don't know if other Administrators have noticed that applicants' passwords are not indicated with characters, as before. The box next to password is now blank. I understand not having the passwords evident is for security purposes; however, there are contacts with multiple profiles. Being able to see which of their profiles has a password is very helpful when the occasion necessitates administrators' logging in as an applicant. If you need to log in as the applicant, and you choose an incorrect entry, you are completely logged out of GLM.

Idea posted June 6, 2012 by Nancy Bonenberger, Genuardi Family…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I tried the new Report Beta Format. Very nice! But it would be even better if the Contact's telephone or e-mail comes up on the report along with all of the other great data. Thanks!

Idea posted October 24, 2011 by Nancy DiNatale, Foundations Community Partnership

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm not sure what the default soft order for the requests within an organization is, and it is of course helpful to click the column header to sort through that column, but it would be wonderful if the default was to sort by date, as that is how most organizations organize the giving histories. thanks!

Idea posted January 23, 2012 by Jen Bokoff, Laurie M Tisch Illumination Fund

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After a few years of building multiple processes and forms, my Process Manager and Form Builder have become clutered with old items. I understand that these are necessary to keep for historical data purposes but I would like to hide them if possible. Steps could be as follows:

Archiving:

1) Click Form Manager

2) Click Configure Applications (LOI's, Evaluations or Follow Ups)

3) Click the check box next to the form(s) I wish to archive then scroll to the bottom and click a button that says "Archive."

a) WARNING pops up confirming my decision, and then I confirm and the
    0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently we can search by organization and user. I am wondering if it would be possible to implement a search feature by project name. It would be even better if we wouldn't have to enter the exact name of the project. If we could enter key words of the project name that would great.

Idea posted June 24, 2011 by Angie Boecker, Central Minnesota Arts Board

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the organization I work with, when, we you identify the grant there are three options to choose from-one time, installment, or matching. Sometimes it is the case that a grant is both a matching and an installment grant. However, there is not a matcing/installment option. It would be fantastic if this matching/installment option could be created or if that is too specific perhpaps an 'other' option with the ability to identify what the 'other' is so that this may benefit other foundations as well.

posted February 14, 2012 by Jessica Leuthold, Martin Family Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love to have a mechanism for people to upload recommendation letters directly to a candidate’s application. Are there others who would like this feature automated for their grant, scholarship, or fellowship process?

We run a Fellowship program for graduate students and require recommendation letters. Currently all recommendation letters (~600 in a two week period) are emailed to an administrator at our Foundation who then has to upload the recommendation as a supplemental document to the individual candidate’s application.

Idea posted August 8, 2011 by Don Brackett, Robert and Patricia Switzer Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to see you correct an inconsistency in terminology used on the Applicant homepage. When the Applicant logs on to GLM or clicks on the “Dashboard” link, on the left side of the screen under the Requests column, they are taken to the “Application Status Page.” When an Administrator or Evaluator logs on or clicks on the “Dashboard” link they are taken to a screen labeled “Dashboard.” Since the Applicant homepage screen does not contain a Dashboard in the same sense as the screens viewed by an Administrator or Evaluator, I would suggest replacing the term “Dashboard” on…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I just noticed that, if you're logged in as an applicant, you click on Dashboard to get to your Application Status Page. Is it possible to name the links the same as the page?

When applicants have called asking where to fill out their Follow-Ups, we have told them to go to the Applicant Status Page, not having known that you have to click Dashboard to get there.

-Mary

Idea posted May 17, 2012 by Mary Nicosia, GMA Foundations

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As an administrator I can view the submitted application information from a link at the top of the Follow Up forms I have created (Grant Agreement and Final Report.) It would be nice if grantees had an easy link referring to their application like this as they fill these forms out too. If not the same link (due to potential navigation issues getting back to the Follow Up form), then maybe a link to a pdf of their application packet.

Idea posted March 25, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to see that when a document is uploaded, that document is seen no matter where I am in that file.

When I upload a document, there are places within the file that show "Documents Uploaded: 0" when I have already uploaded it. I'm actually now uploading documents twice so that our elderly board members don't get lost searching for it.

(I even get confused looking for that uploaded file sometimes.)

:-)

posted May 29, 2013 by Lisa Diehl, Oldham Little Church Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My question is slightly similar to Mary's 9/6 post. It involves custom report fields rather than those created within a form, however.

Will users ever be able to change the order of the custom report fields? I have created lots of custom report fields to make better use of the mail merge function. Although the mail merge templates work beautifully, I made some mistakes as I added fields and on some forms the fields are not always logically ordered. Some instances are more extreme than others, but I have attached what I believe might be a clear example.

None of…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can you add in a button or hyperlink that will allow us to just VIEW the mail merge templates? Right now you can only add in a new template, or delete an existing one.

posted October 23, 2012 by Karen Wallace, First Fruit Incorporated

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We now need to collect DUNS #'s from all our grantees. I'd like to front-load this item for collection when potential applicants create their Organizational Profile with us. How can I edit that page again?

Also: PART 2

We fund individuals, as well as organizations. We receive a lot of support question because I believe one of the mandatory questions is about EIN#'s - which of course individuals do not have. I need to revise the instructions b/c apparently the instructions for how individuals maneuver this question have been changed. Either that or no one is reading the instructions!

How…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How to shorten the time it takes to build a report in Report Bets:

Usually when I need to create a report in Reports Beta, it is to evaluate a set of records using only a few fields. It is cumbersome to go to the "Layout" tab, and have to "un-check" 50 or so fields.

SOLUTION: I built a "Blank" Report for each of the five different report types (Decisions, Pending Requests, etc).

1. In Reports Home, click on the "Build Reports" tab.

2. Choose the type of report you want to create your blank template for (i.e. "Decisions").

3. Select the "Layout"…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to go to View the request summary and assign the follow up, and afterward, see the link at the top and bottom of the page that will take me back to the Granted list. The shortcut link only appears when I look at the request summary, but not after I set up the follow up. I have to go back to the Dashboard and then back to Granted. Seems like a step could be taken out, if it's possible?

posted June 14, 2013 by Dana Jeffery, Ben & Jerry's Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am wondering if it's possible to program the merge fields that contain commas (award amount, amount requested, etc.) so they automatically carry the comma into a merged document? The dollar signs automatically carry over when merging but the commas do not. Currently, I have to do a workaround with the merge fields so the commas carry over when merging into a document. It's sort of a pain and I imagine there are others that would find it easier to have this happen automatically (if possible) rather than doing a workaround. Just curious if this is a possiblity?

Thanks so…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Merge Docs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. On the dashboard, we would like to be able to see if a follow-up submitted, due or over-due is the initial, interim or final report. We have several grantees with several grants/followups. When the very helpful automatic reminder to the grantee doesn't work and we need to contact them it would save time to know which report is missing without having to go to the grant detail.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?