GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

321 results found

1. I want to send an email to Follow Up Reports that are past due. So I run an export, but it does not include the fields "Due Date" and "Submitted Date".

From the Dashboard, you can see the "Due Date" in the Follow Up Drafts screen. You can also see the "Submitted Date" in the "Follow Up Submitted".

It would be a BIG help if these fields were also included in the export. I've had to resort to creating a manual field, which means more work for me with each grant. Since GLM is already recording the info, you would…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add "follow up submitted date" to export so that a list of follow up reports submitted during a certain time period can be created. We can use this feature, for example, to document the number of reports that were submitted and reviewed during FY 12.

posted May 3, 2012 by Claudia Baier, VNA Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I find the mail merge function so easy and convenient to use for grants that have been approved or declined. However, in our organization it is very common for grants to be carried over or deferred to the next cycle. Just like we send our grantees notification of approved/declination letters we should have the ability to do so with grantees whose proposal is still pending.

My idea is simple: introduce/add the mail merge function for applications that are in the evaluation open stage.

Jacqueline Lara

William G. McGowan Charitable Fund

Idea posted November 18, 2011 by Jacqui Lara, The William…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1) Can the Save Changes button be made more obvious. For administrators, that button is in the middle of the page between what we need to fill in, internally, and what the applicant has filled in. It's so light in color that you can scroll right past is without realizing it.

2) A fifteen minute warning flash before getting kicked out would great. While reviewing, it's possible to lose track of time when reviewing attachments that have opened in another program. I know there's a warning on the screen, but would it be possible to have the explorer button on…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We were asked at Summit to let you know of places where there was just too much clicking to get something done. This is one of those places.

That Success message is just one more step and one more click. It gets worse if you need to add more than one Follow-up. Is the Success message necessary?

-Mary

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. While we do have the option for applicants to save a grant in progress as a draft, I have not been able to do this when entering grants manually. There have been a few instances where I've been called away from my computer for an extended time, lost internet, closed the page accidentally etc. while entering a manual grant and all the information entered gets lost. Is there a way to save work in progress?

Idea posted July 13, 2011 by Alison King, The Ron Joyce Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A multi-select question gives the applicant a defined list to choose from and allows them to choose more than one answer. An example of this would be;

Idea posted April 26, 2011 by Grant Elliott, Foundant Technologies

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be immensely helpful to include questions that allow for multiple answers.

Many of our data-collecting questions require the organization to choose any/all of the options that pertain to their org/program. In the support section ( http://foundant.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29/kw/multiple%20answer ) you recommend to repeat the question several times so that the applicant can choose multiple answers-- this is less then desirable since each of our questions (5+) has 5+ possible answers.

Our work around is for the organization to upload a separate worksheet document, but obviously we would like as much as possible to be included in the application form itself.…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I was excited to hear about the addition of the shared documents area and folders for evaluators and board members. I think it could also be beneficial to have applicants see some documents. For instance, we record all of our panel meetings and separate each application into it's own mp3 file. It would be great to beable to upload those files to the applicant's account so they could listen to their panel reviews without specifically requesting them from us.

posted February 21, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have one program that has an open deadline. We get apps for that program every now and then. Recently I had someone submit an application for that program through the online system and I didn't see it for a few days.

If I would set up an email notication to go out to admin personnel so we would be alerted to the submission of these application it would be cumbersome for all of our people with admin rights to received numerous emails about all submitted forms for all of our processes.

It would be very helpful if we could…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a "Save" button to the bottom of the Grant Application from the administrator view.

Right now, I can only "Approve", "Deny", or hit "Applicatin Complete". . . . .well, what if it's not really complete???? It would be nice to be able to save it as a "draft", just like our users can.

posted May 9, 2012 by Karen Wallace, First Fruit Incorporated https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/965427/2012-05-09_11h33_27.png?1380647531

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi!

I don't know whether this is an issue for anyone else, but I'm beginning to think that the Application Status screen (which is the first thing applicant's see upon logging in) could use a redesign.

When we assign follow-ups and communicate with our grantees about completing them, the emails and phone calls begin rolling in. Despite our providing extremely detailed instructions for locating and completing the follow-ups, grantees typically claim one of the following:

1. they don't see/can't find the form, (I haven't come up with a possible rationale for this)

2. they can't enter any data into the form, (they…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I LOVE the new process specific email notifications! It is wonderful to be able to set up a seperate email for each seperate program. It would also be wonderful, however, if we could choose which administrator receives these emails. Our staff manage different programs and don't all need to receive every email for every submission.

Idea posted June 27, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi - I had an applicant call because he was kicked out - although he doesn't think he was away long enough for it to have actually timed out - and lost all of his information. Before getting kicked out, he had tried to save the information, but received error messages, so no saving actually occurred. However, when he was kicked out, he got the standard, "Don't worry, your information has been saved" message. I'm told there is no way to currently change this, but can it be looked into? It's very misleading and you can imagine his surprise and…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. File uploads are a key to the application process. We've had requests to make this question a bit more usable for applicants.

For example:

Add a "Save Upload" button next to the Browse box so the applicant can save right away 

Add a Delete button so the user can delete a file instead of uploading a blank document

Change the message under the file upload "no file uploaded" to something like "click Save As Draft to finalize the upload"

Somehow increase the 25MB limit. 

Let us know some other suggestions you may have on file uploads and the importance by…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Since the salutation field is captured in the User Contact information...would be nice to include in the Data Export of Users (or applicants, etc). I learned this field can be accessed via the GLM email featuere, but sometimes Foundations need to write letters the old-fashioned way too.

Idea posted November 17, 2011 by Jim Beck, Parkinson's Disease Organization

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am entering some older grants in to the data base. When entering intallment grants, the date associated with the grant on the Applicaiton and Grant History part of the Organization Overview page is the date I entered the grant however the due dates I entered for the installments are all several years ago. When I enter one time grants, there is an option to enter a grant awarded date - this apparently is not an option in installment grants. Can it become one? Am I missing it?

Thanks

Idea posted May 3, 2013 by Amy Moore, O.P. & W.E.…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Having an applicant be able to designate a recommender that could then upload a recommendation letter to the application would be oh-so-helpful for Fellowship and Scholarship applications.

Currently all recommendation letters are emailed to staff at our Foundation and must be individually uploaded as a supplemental document. If the recommender received a link once they were named as a recommender in an application it would really streamline the process for our staff.

Don Brackett, Robert & Patricia Switzer Foundation

Idea posted July 16, 2012 by Don Brackett, Robert and Patricia Switzer Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, in order for an evaluator (board or staff) to access the application packet they must go their dashboard, click "review" next to a given name, scroll down the evaluation form to a link to "Application form," click that link, and then finally click "Print Packet." That is a lot of clicking to get to the document you want to review.

Our reviewers are currently being assigned 150-200 applications they must review in 5-6 weeks. They were dissapointed that the quick link on the evaluator dashboard prints a packet for the evaluator document, which is something no one in our…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I foresee us regularly using the "Add Comment" feature within the application to communicate with our applicants. As an administrator, when I check the box "Show Applicant this Comment" the field is highlighted in blue, but when I switch to the applicant view it isn't highlighted. Instead it appears saying "Administrator Comments: Program Highlight" which blends in with the rest of the application. To make sure our applicants see our comments we have to spell out where they are in an email so they don't miss them. Would it be possible to have the header "Administrator Comments:" be highlighted for…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?