GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

30 results found

1. We delay our grantees' ability to see the decision on their application by 14 days. This was set up for us by Foundant. We upload their approval/denial letters into their request documents at the time of the decision, but do not want the grantees to see the letters until after the 14 day period when both the decision and the letter should become simultaneously visible to them. At this point in time, we have only two choices - to never allow the applicant to see their approval/denial letters in their Request Documents, or to wait before posting the letters to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. From what I can tell, applicants are unable to delete application drafts. I realize as admin we can delete drafts but I am wondering if applicants would delete drafts is they were able to. We have many draft applications that seem to be abandoned. I was going to make a practice of deleting draft applications once a year so they don't pile up. I wonder what other do

Idea posted April 18, 2012 by Erin Baird, Allegany Franciscan Ministries

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have had instances where we are reaching out to 3rd party requests (specifically with LOR) and they refuse to submit a letter on the student's behalf. Would it be possible or beneficial for there to be a decline option in the automated email so the student can find someone else? And yes, we do include strong language to encourage students to talk with teachers/counselors they would like to have submit a letter of recommendation on their behalf.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using a UA, those first common questions are really for eligibility, at least the way we are using it. So when the potential applicants get to the confirmation page, for either the failure message or to see what scholarships they are eligible for, it says your application has been submitted, but really, it hasn't. They are, at that point, ready to enter the application and its questions. Can there be some terminology changes set for the first stage? I make it clear in my instructions what's to happen, but an applicant as you define it shouldn't really be one…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An applicant recently told me of a challenge when working on multiple applications for different funders at the same time which all use the Foundant GLM system. Apparently you can't do it. You have to open a different browser or open private browser windows to login to more than one funder. It would be helpful to enable applicants to be able to login to more than one funder as they can copy/paste information that can be used in multiple applications more easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if... there was an alert for applicants notifying them that they have an active grant. With a few exceptions, we do not allow organizations to have more than one active grant (per program) at a time. Recently, I had a couple applicants submit applications who already had active grants. I did not know they had active grants until I looked at each organization's history. It would be great if the active grant was highlighted on their dashboard or they received an alert when applying for a grant notifying them that they had an active grant. This…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would really like the system to produce QR codes that they could use to direct scholarship applicants and applicants applying for hardship grants to a specific application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There is a red circle with a backslash icon that appears when applicants try to copy and paste from their LOI to Proposal Application. This icon confuses Applicants because they are in fact able to copy and paste.

I am getting several emails from applicants who don't understand they can still copy and paste. Please delete the confusing red circle backslash icon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We use the Administrator Comments feature to provide draft review feedback to our applicants. Many applicants use the comments, then want us to remove them so that they can create a clean PDF of their completed application. We don't want to delete our comments as that is part of the grant process record, but we also don't want reviewers to be able to see the comments. Right now, our only option is to make all the comments not visible to applicants, proxy as the applicant, download the PDF, then make all the comments visible to the applicant again. This is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have 20+ scholarships that want applicant names suppressed from applications in the evaluation process. We have always had the student fill out the "Project Name" field with their name. This year, we had everything setup to suppress applicant details from the evaluators, but did not realize that the "Project Name" cannot be suppressed. We had to manually go in and change every student's name to a code in the Project Name field.

Short of instructing students in the future to not use their name as the project name field, is there any chance the Project Name field could also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?