GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Student ID from SLM to CSuite

It would make the scholarship process go a lot more quickly and efficiently if the Student's ID and University synced to CSuite for payment.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Status Change Log items for specific followups

I'm trying to see when i reverted the status of a specific followup from submitted back to draft. However, because that followup is not the most recent one, I see nothing about that status change in the log. I would like the status change log to show changes made to specific followups by the name of that followup.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. In the past month, you probably realized we have consolidated the follow-up request status even more as part of this we continue to look at ways that we can give you the visibility you need on individual forms and their statuses. We are currently mocking up ideas and running them by the engineering team. If you have any specific deatlis you would like to see in this change please comment them below, and as we have more definition/timeline i will keep you all in the loop

Best
    Sammie

3. Integrate budget into application

We often ask grant applicants to include a copy of their budget. It would be helpful if a budget form could actually be included in the application process, rather than as just a separate file upload.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

Thank you for the feedback thus far.

I think we are leaning towards the idea of denotating specific fields to be reportable. Do you have examples of the fields you would most like report on?

As for calculations which ones do you need? we know sum for sure, are there others?

More to come!
    sammie

4. Make "Other" option on Checkbox questions fillable

For checkbox questions, there should be an option to add "Other" and allow the applicant to fill in a small text box

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Logan,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was able to have a discussion with the development team around how we think this could work.

We imagine it available on all list type questions. When building your list question you you would see a check mark that says allow optional, must like you see allow N/A on scoring questions.
    When check other would be added to your list items and then if selected the applicant would see a box titled other.

The place we are still curious about is reporting? Would you want to see the information in cell for examples Other; whatever text they entered or would text need to be its own field code?

best
    sammie

5. duplicates

Duplicate organization Fix - For all new User accounts I would like to suggest that the organization be available as a pop-up selection options vs initially creating the organization. This could cut down on the many duplicate fixs still be experienced in the system.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timing of Automated Emails

Hi there. I notice that some of the automated emails I have set up in my processes are sent out by the Foundant system at odd hours of the night. Recently I had a batch of reminder emails that were sent through the Foundant system at 2:00 AM. It would be wonderful if I could set a time for those emails to go out, or at the very least to have the system send automated emails at a more reasonable hour. My concern is that if grantees have email and notifications set up on their phone, my reminder email might…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Julia,

Thank you for your feed and the thoughtful consideration of late notifications for others, I know they are no fun when I receive them myself.

You are correct that most of our scheduled emails will be sent out at night do to the service we current user. However, as we look at 2019 we are considering at how we send automated emails out of the system and I will bring this thought to our conversation.

- Sammie

7. 3rd Party Confused

We had a lot of problems this year with 3rd party individuals being confused by the fact they received an email from the student and an email from us for the same request. Is there some way to streamline things so that the 3rd party recipient would only receive one email? I would prefer our template email to the student's email, as they often don't include all or the correct information. Or maybe possible to add the students email wording to the start of the auto-generated email? It became even more confusing for students who were requesting documents for multiple…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.
    It is that time of year and we are hearing all of the feedback on third party.

I am not sure if you have had a chance to check out the collaborator functionality that rolled out last week. Part of this functionality is similar to the third party in that an email sent asking them to follow a link in the system.

However, what is different is that the message typed by the applicant does not come as a separate message but rather as a section of the system email.

If this approach seems to be well received we will be look at changing third party to this same format.

If you want see this lay out reach out to your CSM, and let me know if you think this would be a good approach for third party.

-Sammie

8. Batch Assign Grant Managers (Advanced)

It seems that the Process Assign Users and the Request Assign Users buttons have different functionality when the Filter assignment setting is active; that is:
    • Process Assign Users actually serves to remove data access for an entire process from those grants managers you uncheck, and
    • Request Assign Users makes the data show up in the “My Requests” tab.

So right now I have to click through literally every application in our system so that everyone can filter their data vs everyone else’s data, and I'd love to see a way to make all the requests from a process…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Meg,

Thanks for your feedback. I think in the original design we really expected people to Process or Request and not be using them both in one site. However, you explain makes a lot of sense.

I think there is room for us to play with how these two tools can play with each other in the filtered view and the org hierarchy chart.

As we look at this functionality I may reach out.
    Best
    sammie

9. Grant applicant reminders

One of our grant applicants asked if we could add automatic reminders of upcoming deadlines to everyone who still has an application in draft status; I'm envisioning something like the reminder email to applicants who need to submit grant reports. Is this possible?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Suggestions for Custom Columns

It would be helpful to see the amount awarded from the All Open Approvals screen.

From the Organization Summary page on the Request History tab, is there a way to change the column header "Date" to say "Decision Date", since that is what that column is showing us?

Finally, it would be helpful if the primary user column were visible on the Organizations page.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Administrator Notification Tied to User, Not Role

Hi, all!

I recently contacted support to change a setting for our Grants Manager role so that they could edit fields like administrators. However, since we were in a time crunch, it was suggested we change the two people that immediately needed it to be changed role to Administrator while support was working on it. The problem is:

Every time you change someone's administrative role, they automatically get signed up for every single notification that everyone else with that role is signed up for.

So when I took Colleague 1 from grants manager to administrator, she started getting notifications for…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Meg,

Thank you for your feedback! I think there is a lot of improvement we can make around managing users instead of roles, and updating LARGE amounts of data so I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

In this scenario, i am curious if you tried to use the Manage Notifications button on the bottom of the edit user page? Our with button was help this scenario. So i am curious if it did not work? And if so more thoughts on that.

Or if you didn’t use the manage notifications, how could we have made this more user-friendly for you?

Let me know your thoughts, or if it is easiest to jump on the phone let me know.

Best
    sammie

12. restricted code

Now that we have short links, could we have an option to hide the access code box on the Apply page? Applicants for unrestricted processes sometimes get confused about whether they need a code or not. I would rather just share the short link with restricted process applicants, instead of having them enter the code.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Proxy landing page

When you are finished using proxy as an applicant, and you "stop proxying as ___" it would be great if you could remain on the same screen, but with your view. Or, at least go back to the screen you were on before you began to proxy.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Form Builder - Columns and Calculations

Just a couple ideas...

1. Would love it would be nice if we had columns and the ability to span each field across columns, i.e. 1/3 and 2/3 or 1/3, 1/3 or 1/3. This would really cut down on the length of the form, imagine City. State, and Zip on one line.

2. If I did have columns, how great would it be to have fields that would do calculations. This would be a great feature for a budget.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Thank for your feedback around columns and formulas in application.

I would love a little more information:
    1) do you need all of the data in table type question to be available in reporting OR would you want things like the total to be flagged and only those cartain fields be reportable?

2) what is the average size of these table 3×12 for examples?

Thanks for your thoughts as we considering implementing this into the solution.

Sammie

15. Thumbs down to thumbs up

I am not sure if this is a GLM or C-Suite idea, but it would make more sense if the thumbs up sequence in GLM to push payments through C-Suite were the other way around... so thumbs down to thumbs up instead of thumbs up to thumbs down..... :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Grant Evaluations

When viewing applications in the Application Evaluation Assigned screen you are able to sort by Organization, Applicant, or Program (which we call Sector-Progam to group like applications by our giving pillars: Arts, Education, Health, Human Services, and Other. Our evaluators like to review in order of Sector-Progam. After completing and saving an evaluation you have two options: Return to Dashboard or Next Pending Evaluation. Returning to Dashboard results in multiple steps to get to the next evaluation, and Next Pending Evaluation defaults to an alpha order by Organization. It would be helpful if the Next Pending Evaluation would access the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Searching for Committee Members

When searching for users, if I need members of a certain committee, it would be great to be able to search by committee name (name of grant or scholarship) since the name of those on the committee may not be known at that time.
    Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for your thought. The ideas of “Committees” have been on our mind here at Foundant lately and we are trying to understand them better. I would love to know how you envision something like searching or setting committees for evaluators? Do you see people being in multiple committees? Are committees always a one to one relationship between processes or is there another way to think of them?

Any additional thoughts are appreciated.
    -Sammie

18. Nicknames

It would be really helpful to have a nickname box, particularly when it comes to sending email templates. All too often a person is known by a nickname or abbreviated name so sending an email to Dear Stephen sounds very odd when I know the person as Steve. If there is no name in the box, it could default to the first name, but if there were a name in the box, it would be handy to have the option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just wanted to give an update that I think we are part way there on this request.

You can now add custom fields to the Organization & User Form. Therefore, if you reach out to support you can have them add Nickname as a field you can capture.

That said the piece of this being an email merge field is still on the roadmap so I will keep you updated as we continue to roll out functionality around the organization and user custom fields.
    Best
    Sammie

19. Make Video Playback Speed Adjustable

It would be wonderful to be able to adjust the playback speed of video trainings for GLM. It's a feature I frequently use for tutorials or educational videos on YouTube and I am missing the speed and efficiency of watching a training at 1.5x speed.

Additionally, I could see playing the video back at slower speeds, may be useful for some clients. Especially if English is not their first Language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reminder Features

We do not have any reminder features in GLM. That would be a great thing to add. Something to remind me to send out an email within the system so that I don't have to set up an external reminder.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Minerva,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have recently been discussing the idea of adding task items to GLM.

These could be actions to assign to yourself or other users in the systems. This seems like it would accomplish what you are looking for but would love to hear more feedback from you and others.

Thanks
    -chris

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base