Skip to content

CommunitySuite Idea Lab

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1118 results found

1. The character limit of the Mission Statement portion (nonprofit directory) is WAY too short. We have to rewrite virtually all of the organization mission statements to fit the tiny space (see attached screenshot). Who has time for this? We sure don't! This issue has 5 votes and was posted previously in 2021. (see link here)
    https://idealab.foundant.com/forums/597718-communitysuite-idea-lab/suggestions/44405001-nonprofit-directory-more-space-for-text

Customer service says the issue needs more votes to get priority. Please vote to get this fix to the front burner. Thank you!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6/7/2023: Nonprofit Directory: Enhanced the Nonprofit Directory to display images, share files, and display text in html. This will allow a more robust display of the Nonprofits once a donor has selected a nonprofit displayed in the directory list. On the Nonprofit Designation's Detail tab, there is now a Show Profile Image checkbox. Enabling this checkbox will allow the images on the main profile to display onto the Nonprofit Directory. There is another new checkbox option, HTML Statement, above the statement field. Enabling this option will allow clients to use HTML code in the Statement field with up to 2,000 characters. A new description field has been added to the nonprofits detail tab. This field will allow up to 30,000 characters and is html compatible. The description will show when a nonprofit is selected on the directory view from the donation portal. A new Files tab has been added…

2. Bring back the ability to download batch scholarship letters into a word document just like it is possible to do in grant letters. Currently, batch downloads only generate PDFs and can't be modified.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 990 Report needs to include the type of donation (Cash or stock) and if the donation was stock needs to include the name of the stock and how many shares. My auditor is requesting it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I do a GL transaction search on a specific account, it shows the results, and also gives the option to 'edit' the date range. If I edit the date range, it does not keep the 'account' as a filter, instead it gives me a transaction list for EVERY account, with the new date range. This is a new problem I'm encountering, after last month's big update. I assume it was inadvertent, so I'm bringing it to your attention, would be great to have it fixed as it is something that I use frequently.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For internal granting between funds, where the beneficiary fund will then be granted out immediately, please provide a Bulk Edit or an All/None checkbox situation for the resultant grants. Yes, it's very useful to be able to Create Spendable for all unrestricted funds, for example, but then the efficiency this provides is immediately negated by having to open each grant, one by one by one, to click the Apply Spendable box.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Most of our campaigns involve mailing hundreds of packets/pamphlets/etc. Having a "print envelope" option for campaigns would save a ton of time so we don't have to take the time to print the labels and then individually place them on hundreds of envelopes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4/5/2023: Campaigns:  Enhanced the campaign workflow to help with the tracking of events and mailings.  Each campaign will now be associated by type.  Campaign types are event, marketing or historical.  The assigned type will drive different campaign functionality.  A campaign categorized as events, will allow a user to create tickets, groups, and requests for the campaign.  Marketing will be used if the campaign is intended to create a mailing list to communicate with donors and other constituents.  Historical will be a way to move completed campaigns into a separate list for campaigns that are no longer being used by the foundation.  Campaigns will still be managed by user defined categories and can be archived within the category list.  The campaign page has been redesigned to have a bucket system just below the event information and image at the top of the page. Each bucket will then trigger different left hand…

7. We would love to have the name (title) of the report at the top when viewing and printing and the column titles visible when viewing and printing i.e. Month Over Month May Over June - Year Over Year - 2021 Over 2022. Our investment chair is not happy that we are required to hand write the titles stating "very unprofessional". The titles look identical on all reports.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new donation bucket system does not seem to have an efficient and accurate way to mark tax receipts as sent. Instead of being able to click on "sent" for individual gifts, it looks like we have to click on those gifts that were sent and "mark as sent" as one of the options of the drop down menu that also includes "print" or "email" tax receipts. The problem I encountered was that I clicked on tax receipts that had been sent - but Csuite marked the ones that were NOT checked, and since we cannot reverse the 'Mark As…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This enhancement was released on 9/20/2023:  

Donations: Enhanced Tax Receipt Bulk Actions to save the selected list of donations. This will allow clients to make a selection of the Tax Receipts and then process through Printing letters, Envelopes, Labels and Marking the donations sent. This update will also print the envelopes in the same order as the letters.

9. Option to bulk set Grant Types, for previous grants that are inconsistent or incomplete.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Released 6/2/23:

Grant Type: Added the ability to Set Grant Type in bulk from the left side menu in Grants and Grant Reports. In Grants, there is a new Set Grant Type options in Grant Actions. This is available in the New, Approval and Voucher Buckets. In Reports, this option is available for any Grant Report that includes a Grant ID. Selecting this option will open a list to select or update the grant type for each grant in the list.

10. When problem solving with chat support and the support tells me 'that's a great idea for the idea lab!' it would be nice if they could promote or vote too. They've just helped one of your clients work through a problem and if there's not a solution and they think it's a great addition to the software, let them promote or vote too.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We noticed that in the updated attached file options, the name of the user that attached the file is no longer shown. We have found this to be very helpful in the past. Could it please be put back.
    Yes - you could look through the log to find who attached the file but that is a very clunky and time consuming way to do it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi! It would be helpful to have an easy way to see what a Portal account will look like without having to have the donor set their password already. It is strange to me that as an Admin, I do not have a way to access a donor's portal to answer questions about how it will work for them if they have not set up their own access yet. Admins should be able to log in to any portal account at any time, in my opinion.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

02/14/2024: Fund Advisors: Added the ability for users to Login As a Fund Advisor without the Fund Advisor setting a password. This will allow users to assist and review the view of a Fund Advisors prior to them logging into the Fund Advisor Portal.

No Permission Changes. 

13. When adding profile links - relationship/Roles to an organization it would be very helpful if that list was in alphabetic order

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Profiles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi - I was just notified by a grantee that they had not received their ACH grant payment. I went back into CS and found that one of my checkrun batches was not posted through and it was super hard to find! Can you please make unposted checkruns easy to spot? Especially when it gets busy, its hard to remember to go back and look through each check run to see if it was posted (especially electronic payments) - Thank you!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We've been on CSuite for 18 months now and the list of campaigns in a donor's profile is long and cluttered with archived campaigns. It would be great to remove a campaign from that list view in a donor profile when the campaign is archived. This would allow us to maintain and access information about past campaigns but not have to look at a super long list of "invited campaigns" in any given profile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The system data content section, donationnotifyemail_body, has specifications for email notifications to fund advisors when a donation has been made to their fund. Currently the field for the donor that made the donation is:

{{donor_name}}

That is shown as last name, first name. We'd like a field that shows first name last name. The field could be similar to the donationemailbody section that has:

{name} {salutation}

Alternatively, maybe {{donor_name}} could just be changed to first name last name.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The following was released on 3/4/2024:

Fund Advisor: Updated the content merge fields for the following Fund Advisor emails. Advisor_Login_Email: Salutation, First Name, Last Name Mailing Label; Advisor_request_confirm_email_body: Fund Name and Grant ID.

Donation: Updated the content merge fields for the following donation email. Donation Notify: Primary address, email, phone, donation date, Salutation, First Name, Last Name, Mailing Label

Funds: Updated the content merge fields for the following funds emails. Fund Statement Email Body and Fund Statement Review Email Body: fund name.

No permission changes with this release.

17. Please provide an option/process to assign categories to current files without having to edit each one manually.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I hate the new layout on the fund profiles! I have to scroll past years of historical notes just to see who is linked to the fund. Whatever we have to do to change it back, please do!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This was the last of my exchange with support.
    So am I reading this right that I still have to go into every single fund to add a single (steward) photo? That does not make sense to have this feature at the fund level, why wouldn't the image be added at the steward level??????

Ashley Ruiz
    That is how it works at this moment. It would have to be added to the steward profile for each fund

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the last year, CSuite offered the option to generate a new tax receipt serial # - this was often used when a tax receipt was accidentally marked as 'sent' or when corrections needed to be made to a letter. This function has been removed and tax receipts can no longer be regenerated, but now must be manually created. My suggestion is that users be given the option to regenerate individual tax receipts - especially for cases where letters have not been sent or corrections need made.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?