GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. My question is slightly similar to Mary's 9/6 post. It involves custom report fields rather than those created within a form, however.

Will users ever be able to change the order of the custom report fields? I have created lots of custom report fields to make better use of the mail merge function. Although the mail merge templates work beautifully, I made some mistakes as I added fields and on some forms the fields are not always logically ordered. Some instances are more extreme than others, but I have attached what I believe might be a clear example.

None of…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Implemented  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can you add in a button or hyperlink that will allow us to just VIEW the mail merge templates? Right now you can only add in a new template, or delete an existing one.

posted October 23, 2012 by Karen Wallace, First Fruit Incorporated

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We now need to collect DUNS #'s from all our grantees. I'd like to front-load this item for collection when potential applicants create their Organizational Profile with us. How can I edit that page again?

Also: PART 2

We fund individuals, as well as organizations. We receive a lot of support question because I believe one of the mandatory questions is about EIN#'s - which of course individuals do not have. I need to revise the instructions b/c apparently the instructions for how individuals maneuver this question have been changed. Either that or no one is reading the instructions!

How…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How to shorten the time it takes to build a report in Report Bets:

Usually when I need to create a report in Reports Beta, it is to evaluate a set of records using only a few fields. It is cumbersome to go to the "Layout" tab, and have to "un-check" 50 or so fields.

SOLUTION: I built a "Blank" Report for each of the five different report types (Decisions, Pending Requests, etc).

1. In Reports Home, click on the "Build Reports" tab.

2. Choose the type of report you want to create your blank template for (i.e. "Decisions").

3. Select the "Layout"…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to go to View the request summary and assign the follow up, and afterward, see the link at the top and bottom of the page that will take me back to the Granted list. The shortcut link only appears when I look at the request summary, but not after I set up the follow up. I have to go back to the Dashboard and then back to Granted. Seems like a step could be taken out, if it's possible?

posted June 14, 2013 by Dana Jeffery, Ben & Jerry's Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am wondering if it's possible to program the merge fields that contain commas (award amount, amount requested, etc.) so they automatically carry the comma into a merged document? The dollar signs automatically carry over when merging but the commas do not. Currently, I have to do a workaround with the merge fields so the commas carry over when merging into a document. It's sort of a pain and I imagine there are others that would find it easier to have this happen automatically (if possible) rather than doing a workaround. Just curious if this is a possiblity?

Thanks so…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Merge Docs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On the dashboard, we would like to be able to see if a follow-up submitted, due or over-due is the initial, interim or final report. We have several grantees with several grants/followups. When the very helpful automatic reminder to the grantee doesn't work and we need to contact them it would save time to know which report is missing without having to go to the grant detail.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Follow Ups  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to send an email to Follow Up Reports that are past due. So I run an export, but it does not include the fields "Due Date" and "Submitted Date".

From the Dashboard, you can see the "Due Date" in the Follow Up Drafts screen. You can also see the "Submitted Date" in the "Follow Up Submitted".

It would be a BIG help if these fields were also included in the export. I've had to resort to creating a manual field, which means more work for me with each grant. Since GLM is already recording the info, you would…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add "follow up submitted date" to export so that a list of follow up reports submitted during a certain time period can be created. We can use this feature, for example, to document the number of reports that were submitted and reviewed during FY 12.

posted May 3, 2012 by Claudia Baier, VNA Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I find the mail merge function so easy and convenient to use for grants that have been approved or declined. However, in our organization it is very common for grants to be carried over or deferred to the next cycle. Just like we send our grantees notification of approved/declination letters we should have the ability to do so with grantees whose proposal is still pending.

My idea is simple: introduce/add the mail merge function for applications that are in the evaluation open stage.

Jacqueline Lara

William G. McGowan Charitable Fund

Idea posted November 18, 2011 by Jacqui Lara, The William…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1) Can the Save Changes button be made more obvious. For administrators, that button is in the middle of the page between what we need to fill in, internally, and what the applicant has filled in. It's so light in color that you can scroll right past is without realizing it.

2) A fifteen minute warning flash before getting kicked out would great. While reviewing, it's possible to lose track of time when reviewing attachments that have opened in another program. I know there's a warning on the screen, but would it be possible to have the explorer button on…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We were asked at Summit to let you know of places where there was just too much clicking to get something done. This is one of those places.

That Success message is just one more step and one more click. It gets worse if you need to add more than one Follow-up. Is the Success message necessary?

-Mary

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. While we do have the option for applicants to save a grant in progress as a draft, I have not been able to do this when entering grants manually. There have been a few instances where I've been called away from my computer for an extended time, lost internet, closed the page accidentally etc. while entering a manual grant and all the information entered gets lost. Is there a way to save work in progress?

Idea posted July 13, 2011 by Alison King, The Ron Joyce Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A multi-select question gives the applicant a defined list to choose from and allows them to choose more than one answer. An example of this would be;

Idea posted April 26, 2011 by Grant Elliott, Foundant Technologies

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be immensely helpful to include questions that allow for multiple answers.

Many of our data-collecting questions require the organization to choose any/all of the options that pertain to their org/program. In the support section ( http://foundant.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29/kw/multiple%20answer ) you recommend to repeat the question several times so that the applicant can choose multiple answers-- this is less then desirable since each of our questions (5+) has 5+ possible answers.

Our work around is for the organization to upload a separate worksheet document, but obviously we would like as much as possible to be included in the application form itself.…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I was excited to hear about the addition of the shared documents area and folders for evaluators and board members. I think it could also be beneficial to have applicants see some documents. For instance, we record all of our panel meetings and separate each application into it's own mp3 file. It would be great to beable to upload those files to the applicant's account so they could listen to their panel reviews without specifically requesting them from us.

posted February 21, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have one program that has an open deadline. We get apps for that program every now and then. Recently I had someone submit an application for that program through the online system and I didn't see it for a few days.

If I would set up an email notication to go out to admin personnel so we would be alerted to the submission of these application it would be cumbersome for all of our people with admin rights to received numerous emails about all submitted forms for all of our processes.

It would be very helpful if we could…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add a "Save" button to the bottom of the Grant Application from the administrator view.

Right now, I can only "Approve", "Deny", or hit "Applicatin Complete". . . . .well, what if it's not really complete???? It would be nice to be able to save it as a "draft", just like our users can.

posted May 9, 2012 by Karen Wallace, First Fruit Incorporated https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/965427/2012-05-09_11h33_27.png?1380647531

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi!

I don't know whether this is an issue for anyone else, but I'm beginning to think that the Application Status screen (which is the first thing applicant's see upon logging in) could use a redesign.

When we assign follow-ups and communicate with our grantees about completing them, the emails and phone calls begin rolling in. Despite our providing extremely detailed instructions for locating and completing the follow-ups, grantees typically claim one of the following:

1. they don't see/can't find the form, (I haven't come up with a possible rationale for this)

2. they can't enter any data into the form, (they…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I LOVE the new process specific email notifications! It is wonderful to be able to set up a seperate email for each seperate program. It would also be wonderful, however, if we could choose which administrator receives these emails. Our staff manage different programs and don't all need to receive every email for every submission.

Idea posted June 27, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?