GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. There have been several occasions when I’ve wanted to send a batch email. For example, when an application deadline is approaching, I like to remind all potential applicants about the deadline for submitting their applications. The only way I’ve been able to do so is in the “user” tab, where I “check” the box next the name of each user to whom I want to send the email. I’d like to be able to send emails directly from Application – Draft and from other tabs.

Idea posted April 3, 2013 by Jan Elston, East Tennessee Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have just set up email notifications on our foundation website. I think this is a wonderful tool, but am slightly disappointed with the notification of a submission to an administrator option. It is great that we are notified when a grantee has submitted a document, but we do not know what kind of document they have submitted (LOI, Follow-Up, etc.) To specify what kind of document they have submitted would help so we do not have to spend extra time on our site trying to figure out what was submitted.

Idea posted June 4, 2012 by Jessica Leuthold,

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  10 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. One of our grantees noticed that the email address on their print packet was incorrect and asked our help to change it. When I pulled up the organization, I noticed that the email address didn't appear on the Summary. I would think that all fields that you are prompted for on the Organization page should appear on the summary - otherwise as our grantee pointed out, the data can get outdated. I was able to "edit" the summary without any problems.

Idea posted October 16, 2012 by Mara Yarp, Morgan Family Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I've had a problem where I am editing an email template to be sent to a grantee, then I upload a document. When the email form reappears, the editing I did has disappeared. I just sent an email with an attachment that was supposed to have been edited, but I realized it was the unedited version after I had hit send.

Please help us not have to edit the email twice -- or worse, send an incorrect email!

Ideas that come to mind to avoid this problem:

1. Allow us to save the edited email before uploading a document;

2. Putting the…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I tried the new Report Beta Format. Very nice! But it would be even better if the Contact's telephone or e-mail comes up on the report along with all of the other great data. Thanks!

Idea posted October 24, 2011 by Nancy DiNatale, Foundations Community Partnership

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would love to have a mechanism for people to upload recommendation letters directly to a candidate’s application. Are there others who would like this feature automated for their grant, scholarship, or fellowship process?

We run a Fellowship program for graduate students and require recommendation letters. Currently all recommendation letters (~600 in a two week period) are emailed to an administrator at our Foundation who then has to upload the recommendation as a supplemental document to the individual candidate’s application.

Idea posted August 8, 2011 by Don Brackett, Robert and Patricia Switzer Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to send an email to Follow Up Reports that are past due. So I run an export, but it does not include the fields "Due Date" and "Submitted Date".

From the Dashboard, you can see the "Due Date" in the Follow Up Drafts screen. You can also see the "Submitted Date" in the "Follow Up Submitted".

It would be a BIG help if these fields were also included in the export. I've had to resort to creating a manual field, which means more work for me with each grant. Since GLM is already recording the info, you would…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have one program that has an open deadline. We get apps for that program every now and then. Recently I had someone submit an application for that program through the online system and I didn't see it for a few days.

If I would set up an email notication to go out to admin personnel so we would be alerted to the submission of these application it would be cumbersome for all of our people with admin rights to received numerous emails about all submitted forms for all of our processes.

It would be very helpful if we could…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi!

I don't know whether this is an issue for anyone else, but I'm beginning to think that the Application Status screen (which is the first thing applicant's see upon logging in) could use a redesign.

When we assign follow-ups and communicate with our grantees about completing them, the emails and phone calls begin rolling in. Despite our providing extremely detailed instructions for locating and completing the follow-ups, grantees typically claim one of the following:

1. they don't see/can't find the form, (I haven't come up with a possible rationale for this)

2. they can't enter any data into the form, (they…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I LOVE the new process specific email notifications! It is wonderful to be able to set up a seperate email for each seperate program. It would also be wonderful, however, if we could choose which administrator receives these emails. Our staff manage different programs and don't all need to receive every email for every submission.

Idea posted June 27, 2013 by Katie Kaufmann, MRAC

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since the salutation field is captured in the User Contact information...would be nice to include in the Data Export of Users (or applicants, etc). I learned this field can be accessed via the GLM email featuere, but sometimes Foundations need to write letters the old-fashioned way too.

Idea posted November 17, 2011 by Jim Beck, Parkinson's Disease Organization

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Having an applicant be able to designate a recommender that could then upload a recommendation letter to the application would be oh-so-helpful for Fellowship and Scholarship applications.

Currently all recommendation letters are emailed to staff at our Foundation and must be individually uploaded as a supplemental document. If the recommender received a link once they were named as a recommender in an application it would really streamline the process for our staff.

Don Brackett, Robert & Patricia Switzer Foundation

Idea posted July 16, 2012 by Don Brackett, Robert and Patricia Switzer Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I foresee us regularly using the "Add Comment" feature within the application to communicate with our applicants. As an administrator, when I check the box "Show Applicant this Comment" the field is highlighted in blue, but when I switch to the applicant view it isn't highlighted. Instead it appears saying "Administrator Comments: Program Highlight" which blends in with the rest of the application. To make sure our applicants see our comments we have to spell out where they are in an email so they don't miss them. Would it be possible to have the header "Administrator Comments:" be highlighted for…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I love the link to Organization Email History, but I am wondering if anybody else wishes there was a link back to the organization after you have reviewed the history. It is aggravating to have to go back to Organizations and search again, unless I am missing something.

Any chance we could get a "back to" link from the email history page?

Thanks!

Lynn Larson, Foundation Administrator, Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation

posted September 26, 2013 by Lynn Larson, Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to rearrange the order of my email templates. That would allow groupings by process instead of by date of creation.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I join others in wanting to be able to re-order e-mail templates. Thanks

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'd like to have the option to "archive" our email templates rather than deleting them permanently. I'd prefer to only see the templates we are currently using while still being able to refererence old templates, if needed. Ideally it would work the same as archiving forms, processes and contacts.

posted April 10, 2013 by Kristen Cullen, Carolyn Foundation

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →