GLM & SLM Idea Lab

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Organization searches - back to results function

I know this question has been raised before, but I can't tell how long ago, so I am resubmitting to indicate continued interest. It would be helpful in Organization Search to have a Back to Search Results function. If I do an organization search with multiple possible matches, I have to redo the search if I happen to pick the wrong one the first time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. process summary

It would be so helpful for the Process Summary to easily convert to a pdf, for sharing purposes, just like the Question List for the application. Unless I'm missing some training, the only way I can share/get feedback from my colleagues on that is to copy and paste it into a Word document or email. When I've finalized an application process and want to circulate it for input/approval, the Process Summary should be able to go with it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SLM - ability to copy group or questions while creating an application

Pretty self explanatory. Sometimes questions are so similar, you just need to make a little change. How frustrating to have to re-invent a wheel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a Copy to Another Process Button to the Submitted Section

Please add a Copy to Another Process button in the Submit Section. I can tell when a request should go to another process but I am forced to mark it as complete and assign an evaluator and then send it back to submitted (which I often miss because the button is at the bottom of the page and I have to scroll down to find it! Move that up while you are adding the new button, please.) It would be much simpler to have a button there as well to allow me to move it to an internal system. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

The workflow described should not be the steps needed for moving a request to a new process. If you reach out to support they can likely help you re adjust the workflow.  

however, with that said there are likely some place we can move the buttons to make this a bit easier for you so that you don't  have to reach out to understand the flow.

best

sammie

5. if a process is turned off, so too is the associated eligibility quiz.

If a process is turned off, so too is the associated eligibility quiz. This is VERY confusing for applicants...they see an eligibility quiz and assume they need to fill it out, even though that process is closed. It makes them think they are not eligible to apply for the open process, when in actuality they were just filling out a form for a closed process and get an error message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Tanya,

Thank you for the feedback. The reason it does not work that way today is because Eligibility Quiz is different from other forms in that it can be associated with more  than one process.

maybe the idea would need to be if it has no activity processes related to it then it is off by default.

Would curious thoughts from others who reuse the eligilbity quiz year over year or potentially have a one to many scenario.

-sammie

6. Mass Upload and Delete Email Attachments

It would be very helpful if we had the ability to mass upload documents from file to the email attachments in GLM. It would also be great if we had the ability, with a checkbox, to mass delete the email attachments once we are done with them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add installments

I have just bumped into GLM's limitation for increasing a grant amount after installments have been paid, even though follow-ups are pending and the grant isn't closed. I searched for other posts on this topic and fund several that had all be archived for lack of votes. Our Community Foundation needs the ability to increase award amounts because when we do not initially fund a proposal in full, we often talk to our donors about helping bridge the gap. For reporting on grant activity and outcomes, it's important that these "follow-on" grants are linked to the same request. There are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Alternate Ways for Applicants to Response to Application Questions

Alternate Ways for Applicants to Response to Application Questions. I recently was made aware of Typeform, which offers multiple ways for applicants to respond to a question (e.g. verbally or via video) within the body of an application. Might this be something Foundant would consider testing in the future? https://www.typeform.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bridget,

I believe we have some tools, like branching questions or Text/Upload type questions that could help add more flexibility to your forms.  If you reach out to our success team they could talk you through these options.  

Also if you have examples how we can make the forms more flexible please add them to this thread

Best

sammie

9. increase the spacing in the cc field beyond 50 characters to 150 characters, when sending an email to multiple users.

When sending to multiple users, my company alone has over 20 characters after our names. I have tried using the bcc field and some of the users think I neglected to cc others because the bcc field is a blink copy. Once I add in 5 staff members we have already exceeded 100 characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sequential & Open Submission Logic

Follow Up Submission Logic setting:
    Instead of the sitewide setting of every Process being set for Follow Ups to either be submitted in Open or Sequential order, can this setting be available on the Process level? This would allow us to have some processes that allow open submission and other processes to require sequential submission.
    (#FoundantSummit2022 session group idea)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Lacey,

Thank you for posting for the collective group of Summit session folks, it was also great to meet you in person.

Another configuration I heard at summit was the option to set on an individual request was this something discussed in your group as well? 

Also assuming the site setting would be the default for setting and then you would override that? If the unique process need to be different? 

-sh

11. Last used column for reports

With staff turn over sometimes we don't know which was the report or data set they used for tasks that they were mostly in charge of. It would also help folx looking to clean out foundant, they could sort by last used and feel confident deleting something that hasn't been used for a long time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Collaborators and Admin Comments

It would be great if Collaborators had the ability to see the Administrator comments that are visible to the Applicant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Return to follow ups submitted" shows last reviewed, not back to top of submitted bucket

While reviewing follow up forms, it would be great to have an option for when I select "Return to follow ups submitted" that it returns to showing the last follow up I reviewed in the list, rather than all the way at the top of the screen. We have about 70 follow ups to review quarterly, so this just causes a lot of extra scrolling to select the next one. I custom sort and review the follow ups, so clicking "next follow up" doesn't give me the correct review order. If there's a workaround suggestion it would also be appreciated!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. collaborator role

When an individual is added as a collaborator, they seem to skip the registration process? They are not tied to an organization and don't have a role assigned. I'm getting emails from people that have been collaborators and think they have access to the system but don't. I'd also like to assign follow ups to a collaborator without having to add them as a user first. Can they automatically be granted applicant status?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy,

we have been have lots of conversations of around collaborators. 

Our first idea is to at least have collaborators be a role that you can search on.

The one hiccup we have with just giving them applicant role is that these users can be across multiple organizations and the architecture of the software does not allow applicants to be assigned to multiple organizations.  This a longer term conversation we are having about the product but will be a very significant change so want to make sure we do it correctly.

Thank you for your idea

sammie

15. Exclude a process

The filtering tool is really handy for seeing only specific processes, but I would really like a way to exclude one process from the total list. Currently, the only way to do that is to apply a filter selecting everything but that process, which feels a little cumbersome. It would be nice to have an additional switch added to the filter for selecting "include/exclude" and then being able to make the filter selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatic Emails for Grant Managers

To avoid sending all automatic emails to every grants manager in a process. It would be helpful to be able to have emails attached to a specific requests be automatically directed to the grants manager assigned to the request?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Question List as Word Doc.

It would be nice to be able to extract an application question list as a Word .doc instead of as a .pdf? We provide this list to our applicants, but it has internal only questions that appear, so it would be very helpful to be able to format this document as we see fit. - Thank you!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search Bar

Could we keep the search bar and headers at the top (freeze them)? When you are scrolling down (up to 500 rows), it's easy to lose track of the header and I have to scroll all the way up just to search if I can't find what I'm looking for. If the search bar stuck, I could just enter my search criteria and keep moving without all of the scrolling to top to view the header or search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Process Creation Suggestions

In GLM, when one is creating a new process, it would be HUGELY helpful to have three buttons at the ready. 1) see the process you are creating 2) see the process from the standpoint of the applicant and 3) see the process from the standpoint of the committee reviewer who will be evaluating. It is so confusing trying to jump between the correct pages and see how things are looking and/or lining up. It would also be helpful, after the process is created, to be able to jump in and "apply" for the grant process as a "test case",…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scholarship Declined by Student

I'd like to see an option "declined by student" available after the scholarship has gone to the approval bin. We've had students that end up being offered full tuition from a school for athletics or academics & they no longer need our scholarship(s). We have a paper form that we've used in the past for students to complete, but I'd like to see an option to mark a request as "denied by student" and then we can have a follow-up or a place to attach the information we collect in the form.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Hailey,

Have you spoke with anyone on our team about making this a status on the approval form? 

While not a set status in the solution I think you could accomplish a lot of what you are looking for with a couple updates to the approval form. 

once you have looked at that please let me know how can make that more beneficial to you or if a custom field just doesn't cut it

thanks

sammie

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base