GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Duplicate Org Search/Merge Help

When doing a duplicate organization search/merge, it would be extremely helpful to have the last login date with the other basic info on the list of organizations. Right now you are just seeing two identical listings for the same organization with no way to tell which one is the newer/more up to date one without completely interrupting the process of what you are doing when you are choosing which organization is primary.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Mass Upload and Delete Email Attachments

It would be very helpful if we had the ability to mass upload documents from file to the email attachments in GLM. It would also be great if we had the ability, with a checkbox, to mass delete the email attachments once we are done with them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Last used column for reports

With staff turn over sometimes we don't know which was the report or data set they used for tasks that they were mostly in charge of. It would also help folx looking to clean out foundant, they could sort by last used and feel confident deleting something that hasn't been used for a long time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Collaborators and Admin Comments

It would be great if Collaborators had the ability to see the Administrator comments that are visible to the Applicant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. follow up page

On the Follow Up page it would be helpful if there was a column for "Form Submission Date". Currently their is a "Due Date" column but no indication what date the form was submitted. This would be helpful so we can see on one page an overall summary of how timely the Grantee is on submitting their Follow Up forms and which forms are past due.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatic Emails for Grant Managers

To avoid sending all automatic emails to every grants manager in a process. It would be helpful to be able to have emails attached to a specific requests be automatically directed to the grants manager assigned to the request?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add installments

I have just bumped into GLM's limitation for increasing a grant amount after installments have been paid, even though follow-ups are pending and the grant isn't closed. I searched for other posts on this topic and fund several that had all be archived for lack of votes. Our Community Foundation needs the ability to increase award amounts because when we do not initially fund a proposal in full, we often talk to our donors about helping bridge the gap. For reporting on grant activity and outcomes, it's important that these "follow-on" grants are linked to the same request. There are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Alternate Ways for Applicants to Response to Application Questions

Alternate Ways for Applicants to Response to Application Questions. I recently was made aware of Typeform, which offers multiple ways for applicants to respond to a question (e.g. verbally or via video) within the body of an application. Might this be something Foundant would consider testing in the future? https://www.typeform.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bridget,

I believe we have some tools, like branching questions or Text/Upload type questions that could help add more flexibility to your forms.  If you reach out to our success team they could talk you through these options.  

Also if you have examples how we can make the forms more flexible please add them to this thread

Best

sammie

9. increase the spacing in the cc field beyond 50 characters to 150 characters, when sending an email to multiple users.

When sending to multiple users, my company alone has over 20 characters after our names. I have tried using the bcc field and some of the users think I neglected to cc others because the bcc field is a blink copy. Once I add in 5 staff members we have already exceeded 100 characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sequential & Open Submission Logic

Follow Up Submission Logic setting:
    Instead of the sitewide setting of every Process being set for Follow Ups to either be submitted in Open or Sequential order, can this setting be available on the Process level? This would allow us to have some processes that allow open submission and other processes to require sequential submission.
    (#FoundantSummit2022 session group idea)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Lacey,

Thank you for posting for the collective group of Summit session folks, it was also great to meet you in person.

Another configuration I heard at summit was the option to set on an individual request was this something discussed in your group as well? 

Also assuming the site setting would be the default for setting and then you would override that? If the unique process need to be different? 

-sh

11. Exclude a process

The filtering tool is really handy for seeing only specific processes, but I would really like a way to exclude one process from the total list. Currently, the only way to do that is to apply a filter selecting everything but that process, which feels a little cumbersome. It would be nice to have an additional switch added to the filter for selecting "include/exclude" and then being able to make the filter selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Social Media to GLM Organization Info

I would love to see fields for social media handles (facebook, twitter, instagram) added to the "Organization Info" to GLM and Csuite. This information is very useful to our marketing and storytelling work.

Currently, we have these fields in our Grant Agreement form in GLM, but unfortunately this means the grantees have to submit this duplicate information for each grant request. Since this information remains mostly static, it would be great if the organizations could simply submit this information once, and store this information with the organization's profile, instead of in each individual request.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi JoAnna,

thank you for your thoughtful feedback. While we do not have standard fields on the profile to capture social media information, you can create custom fields that live on organizations that can be integrated between GLM and CommunitySuite. If you reach out to your CSM they can talk you through these options.

If for some reason this does not solve your problem please add that context in the comments below.

Best
    ammie

13. Eligibility-minimize rules for easy scrolling.

In the eligibility section on the UA, it would be helpful if we could minimize each rule group so that we can easily find the rule group that needs work. Some of our scholarships have a lot of rules, so a minimize feature would be great. An alphabetize feature would be helpful too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dina,
    As Isabel mentioned we have implemented a URL question type that many clients have found to be successful in capturing YouTube type work. I would love to know if there is a reason the URL question type does not work for you to collect videos or if you have additional needs from this functionality.

Best
    Sammie

15. Search Bar

Could we keep the search bar and headers at the top (freeze them)? When you are scrolling down (up to 500 rows), it's easy to lose track of the header and I have to scroll all the way up just to search if I can't find what I'm looking for. If the search bar stuck, I could just enter my search criteria and keep moving without all of the scrolling to top to view the header or search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Return to follow ups submitted" shows last reviewed, not back to top of submitted bucket

While reviewing follow up forms, it would be great to have an option for when I select "Return to follow ups submitted" that it returns to showing the last follow up I reviewed in the list, rather than all the way at the top of the screen. We have about 70 follow ups to review quarterly, so this just causes a lot of extra scrolling to select the next one. I custom sort and review the follow ups, so clicking "next follow up" doesn't give me the correct review order. If there's a workaround suggestion it would also be appreciated!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show only closed evaluations to which user is/was assigned

Currently, any user with Board Member level access can see ALL closed evaluations and it causes confusion. It would be helpful if that tab showed ONLY the closed evaluations to which a user is or was assigned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Date of birth

Can the date of birth in SLM Sync across into CSuite onto the students profile, so a report can be ran through CSuite?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joann,

earlier this year we implemented integrated profile custom fields between SLM and CommunitSuite which could be a great solution for date of birth. If you reach out to your CSM they will be able to talk you through the options and if for some reason that workflow does not work please let m know so that we can continue to improve that functionality.

Best
    sammie

19. Pass/Fail Eligibility Quizzes on Reports

It would be extremely helpful if we could pull failed quizzes into reports.

We have had situations where students (bless their hearts) answer questions incorrectly on the quiz and then give up on contacting us to reset these quizzes. Instead, they don't fill out the application.
    If we could pull this information into a report with contact information and responses, we could easily contact them and remind them that we are here to help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Jennifer,

Is this information most helpful in reports OR would it be better to add additional functionality to the eligibility center? We are currently discussing add export to these pages as well as email. Would this help with your workflow, or do you want it in reporting so that you can see why they potentially failed more easily?

-sammie

20. Sorting

Keep it simple. SORT SORT SORT, should be a simple click of the header and not MANUALLY sort. Good grief!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?