GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. It would be really nice to have the capability to add an attachment to an email template. We have set up a "Follow Up Reminder" email template to be used when final reports are due. We request that budget summaries are presented in a specific format. I think it would help our grantees if they had an example to follow.

posted February 6, 2013 by Dee Ann Harris, Leightman Maxey Foundation

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We were thrilled when you first offered auto-email, but found ourselves in an embarrassing sitation when we had to re-enter some applications on behalf of applicants. This was due to a techinical problem on our end, and the applicants were not involved. Lo and behold, when we clicked 'submit' they all got emails thanking them for their application. This did cause confusion and embarrassment. I think auto-email is great, but would it be possible to add a feature to prompt us to confirm the email be sent prior to it automatically being sent off? This could be a global feature…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I was trying to reassign a submission and the follow-up to a different user - I was able to reassign the submission, but kept getting an error message when trying to reassign the follow-up. As I was about to send a "Help" email, it occurred to me that the user might be deactivated, so I checked. Sure enough, that was the case. I had to reactivate the user to reassign the follow-up and then go back and deactivate the user again. So, my suggestions are:

1) An alert when a user is being deactivated if that user has any submissions…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi --

When I log into your support site, I always have to completely type my username and password. I thought maybe this was just a setting on my PC, but doesn't seem to be. (I checked my settings, and also most other sites, incdluing our regular login to GLM, DO suto-complete my username & password.

Would it be possible to have a "remember me" box we can check at login, or have the site attempt to auto-complete once we start typing?

Thanks,

Meredith

posted July 18, 2012 by Meredith Huffman, Genuardi Family Foundation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you register, you have to enter all contact information. I think that this group of fields should be a question that we can include in our forms. Some of us request more than two contacts. Also, it would be nice to choose which fields of the contact question that we want to use. For example, I may only want their name and email address for the Dean and want the name, email, and phone for the financial officer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When navigating through the Communications dropdown to Email History, the page takes an inordinate amount of time to load since it loads all email history within our site before allowing a search to be performed. Oftentimes my web browser times out prior to the page finishing loading, then I have to close the window, log back in, and attempt to wait out the loading of our entire email history once again. We've been using the system for almost two years now, so I can't imagine the time this will take as our email history grows.

If this page could load…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. An applicant informed me that there are new Top Level Domain (TLD) names - other than just .com, .org, .info, etc. He had an email address that is uncommon but is now included among the TLDs (I believe it ended in .solutions). However, when he tried to input it in Foundant, it was not accepted. So, he suggested I ask if you can update your list of TLDs that the Foundant system accepts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have a grant writer who is applying on behalf of two separate organizations but she only has one email address. Is there a way she can use one email address for two different organizations?

posted October 1, 2012 by Kishawn Leuthauser, The Louis and Harold Price Foundation

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With our February 2024 Release we have implemented an admin workflow to associated users with multiple organization.  You can learn more about this release here: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/20894342820759

In a spirit of continuous improvement we will continue to evolve this feature and thank you for partnership. To provide feedback on this implementation and suggest next steps please reach out to our product team or post a new idea.

-The Foundant Team

9. We would love to have a log of our communications with our Grantee Organizations. This could be a list with clickable entries that would take us to a description field. If it could have a date field & a field for the name of the person we communicated with - that would be stellar. Keeping the emails would also be great. Thanks for asking.

Idea posted June 27, 2011 by Kathryn Treanor, Dietel Partners, LLC

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Excited about the chance for applicants to edit their organization info!

I realize that the release notes say the standard email to the applicant "Organization Information Updated" cannot be
    edited by individual foundations. But it's so tech-speak and doesn't include any instructions for what to do next.
    From: "United Arts Grants" administrator@grantinterface.com

Date: November 18, 2015 at 6:25:17 PM EST
    Subject: Organization Information Updated

Reply-To: noreply@grantinterface.com

Changes for United Arts-TW TEST made by Mary G :

/ Old Values /

State : FL

/ New Values /

State : FloridaCan Foundant make the standard email a
    little more clear? Something…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We use the same basic set of email templates each year. I would like the ability to copy each template, so I can edit it with the correct dates for each year. I thought I was doing this when I opened an email template and changed the name to 2015 LOI Invitation. Unfortunately, all that did was delete the template for 2014 and change the template name in the email history for the Organization.

Helen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. My initial question to Support: "One of our processes closed last night at midnight. A number of applicants successfully submitted their applications before the deadline, but their dashboard page says the submitted date was today, which, technically means they submitted late, and which caused me to receive a number of panicky emails. Can this be fixed?"

The response I got: "The date on the applicant dashboard currently uses GMT. There is no way for us to change this but switching to Central has been suggested to our developers. You can also post the idea to the Idea lab to see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello:

The "red X" that is showing up in the file upload section is causing much confusion among our applicants. They think this means that the file has not been uploaded, or there is an error. I understand that it is to delete the uploaded file. Perhaps a different icon could be used? Or a Delete icon? We are now receiving the attachments via fax, email etc as so many applicants are stating they cannot upload documents...when in fact they have been uploaded.

Thanks!

Emily Bronson

Program Coordinator

Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I added our new CEO as an administrator to our site, he was automatically added to all email notifications that go to administrators. With the 5.0 release, it requires a lot of work to go into each folllow up form and each step of each process to remove him from the notifications. It would be great if there were either a way at the start to indicate whether you want a new administrator to be added to all or none of the notifications (and then they can be added specifically where applicable) or a way to see which notifications…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I know this has come up before, but I wonder if there's been any progress on making the grant status not immediately available to applicants.

Recently, I updated grant decisions for one of our clients and within an hour or so an applicant had emailed the program officer to ask if the new "Final Report Due" status meant there had been news. The applicant hadn't even been checking on that particular application, but had logged in to apply to another of our clients and, reaching the Status page, noticed the change.

Had we been able to keep the status under…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the training call yesterday we learned that we have the option to attach email notifications to processses and that in the emails to administrators regarding submitted applications we could choose the option of including application details.

It would be great to have that "details" option for the emails to applicants. Sometimes we have grant writers writing for multiple orgs and it would be good if the submission email they receive would have application details.

Angie Boecker

Central MN Arts Board

posted July 11, 2013 by Angie Boecker, Central Minnesota Arts Board

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When we implemented the 3rd party recommendation functionality in 4.0.0 (November 2013), some of the input we considered came from the Idea Lab item titled " https://community.foundant.com/foundant/topics/recommendation_letter_upload ."

Within that item were a couple other ideas, one of which can be summarized as "restricting evaluator access to uploaded documents and reporting fields". The specific comment from Felicia Roeser (Pedrozzi Scholarship Foundation) is:The Pedrozzi Scholarship Foundation could save a lot of time with reference letters that we receive from all of the emails we have to generate to request them for the applicant if you provided a feature like Don described.…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to be able to customize the number of days used for the Follow-up Reminder that is currently sent 2 weeks prior to the Due Date of the Follow-Up Form. Specifically, this would apply to using this form to receive Grant Agreements. We send the Grant Agreement in hardcopy form, and would like to have it signed, uploaded into GLM and submitted to us within 10 days of the grantee's receipt. Under the current protocol, the reminder email will be sent 2 weeks in advance of the Form Due Date. Since the Grantee can actually see the Due…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email notifications for both administrators and evaluators should be controllable from the profile. Currently, you can control which notifications administrators receive from their profile, which is much easier and faster than clicking through all the forms and processes to turn them on or off. The same control (in the profile) should be possible in evaluators' profiles too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be incredibly helpful for me to be able to have an email template set up to auto-send for each separate grant process. As a community foundation, our various grant processes are vastly different, and the applicants are too. So, it would be monumentally useful for me to be able to have a different email template set up to auto-send to applicants in each unique process.

Idea posted May 21, 2012 by Carolynn Sween, Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?