Skip to content

CommunitySuite Idea Lab

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

55 results found

1. I'm not sure why support has asked me to post this on the Idea Lab since this was a function we used to have but is now it's missing on the left hand menu. It seems more of a support issue, but here goes.

Today I had a situation where an incorrect cheque number was entered in a 2018 transaction. I can’t fix this because it goes back way too far. Normally what I do is click switch to electronic on the left hand menu and make a note on the reconciled printout of the cheque number.

Now switch to…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Till Transaction ID & Till Deposit ID are provided on certain screens, but those ID numbers are not searchable in the Global Search at the top left of the home screen. They should be searchable like all other IDs in the system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. May we request that transactions with net zero dollar amounts (e.g. admin fees posted to accounts nested in a Pooled Asset investment strategy) be not displayed, and required to be checked off, on the bank reconciliation screens.
    Currently, checking/clearing a net zero dollar amount transaction also affects the Deposits/Bank Credits and Checks/Bank Debits subtotals on the bank reconciliation screens which eliminates a valuable tool for accounting professionals. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Very concerned about the fact that someone creating a NACHA file has the ability to edit it. There is nothing stopping them from creating the NACHA file, changing the account number to their own account and then uploading to the bank. Said we need to fix this for security purposes before they will consider using our NACHA file or we need to create a direct integration to the bank so they don't have the opportunity to edit the bank information between initiating the payment and the information being uploaded to the bank.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to batch add a payment date similar to the batch add grant date feature that is already available. Oftentimes, we have grantees who fail to sign their grant agreement before the payment date we set, and the books close before they sign, resulting in many grants that we have to update one by one. When multiple funds are attached to the grant, it can get tedious.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Processing internal transfers should require an "approval" similar to the approval process for grants, vouchers and journal entries.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I enter a payment, I usually will enter a description for what that payment is for. The description I entered does not show up. Instead it shows the name of the customer. We need the description to actually show up everywhere it says Description. This is also related to grants and donations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would save a lot of time if you could search for a specific check by check number (A/P or Grant). Instead of having to scroll through pages of checks, being able to go straight to a specific check that you have the number for would save a lot of time! Especially since banks are having a lot of positive pay exceptions that have to be rechecked on a daily basis.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Historical reconciliations currently aren't available for closed accounts. I have to reopen the account in order to download the reconciliations. It would be nice if there were history reports for closed account reconciliations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. it would be nice to see which checking account the unposted checks that are listed on the accounts payable listing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If there is a market loss, there is potential that a fund could be pushed under water without any kind of warning. Would like the system to pop up a warning if posting revenue share will push the fund under water.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please create an option (like the donations checkbox) or change the functionality so grant refunds post back to spendable. Cancellations post back to spendable, but not refunds. They are essentially the same only one has a refund check to deposit to the bank.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be very helpful to be able to filter the reconciliation. For example, by transaction/payment type, dollar amount, profile name, or description.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I deposit in the till - it would make it MUCH easier if the deposits could be alphabetized by the FUND NAME - because they all get deposited in the same account. When I have a large till, I have to carefully check that right boxes for different deposits.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CSuite does not allow users to enter the void date on a check, it defaults to the day that it was done. It would be so helpful if we could enter the date that we want it to be voided.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like a merge field for the "vendor profile ID number" that I can print on the checks for quick reference to a particular profile since a lot of our profiles have similar names.
    (Also for the global search to list profile id in results and be able to search by them but I went and found those ideas and voted on them.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We would like to be able to download account values directly into the Community Suite at least once each month to improve efficiency and keying errors. The best would be the ability to download daily market close information for each investment position held that post a price at market close and quarterly for investments which value once per quarter.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please consider providing a way to group non-till transactions when depositing to bank. It is sometimes financially prudent for our foundation to use a 3rd party payment processor other than Stripe for an event, and so we may have hundreds of donations processed and then transferred in groups to our bank account. Without a way to group accordingly in C-Suite, we must reconcile the bank statement with thousands of individual deposit entries.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to create additional account types would be a huge timesaver. The Account Types offered currently are too few in number and can't possibly align with the account types (or groupings) of the typical user. Custom account types would also simply the process of creating financial views.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Positive Pay - Template Edit Capability. In past softwares I've dealt with, we've had the ability to create bank groups which tie to a specific bank's positive pay file requirements because each bank has to have their own unique template. The bank group templates are then linked to the bank ledger account so, as you issue checks, the system knows which format to file for the positive pay export. Currently, the only option we have is to download the export and tweak it manually to meet the bank's needs. It would be preferable to have the system be able to…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?