Skip to content

CommunitySuite Idea Lab

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

817 results found

1. Notes - many of our profiles have pages and pages of notes because currently each note is shown in it's entirety. I was wondering if we could only show the first 5 (?) lines of a note on the profile. Then have the option to click on a "show more" button or click on the note itself to get the full note to appear. This would allow for an 'at a glance' option to find the note we need to view.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be helpful to have the Bank Rec report pop up immediately upon reconciliation, rather than have to go back into the history report to print. I have never seen a system that did not do that. Also, we should be able to print a rec for a month in which there was no activity, to still show proper balances for current months.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be very helpful if the fund statement field available for equity accounts - equity_(account number) - were available for all account types (income, expenses, assets, liabilities). We have some unique calculations that are needed for certain fund types and if we could just pull account balances from specific accounts, we would be able to do the calculations on the template. But since the various account types (except Equity) can only be displayed within their own "block", we are unable to make these calculations and therefore have to produce the statements outside of CommunitySuite.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fiscal Year Comparison on Income Statement -
    Please allow a way to show YOY fiscal comparison on this report. I can go in and edit date, but for calendar only.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When generating Pledge Reminders/Statements, it would be very helpful to be able to merge them into Word so changes can be made to specific letters. Currently after clicking on Payment Documents all the pledge letters are merged into a PDF.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have a custom Task report we use for activity around Opportunities. It works well EXCEPT there is no field for task notes. (If you are in the process of adding one - and I hope you are - the following idea is moot).
    It would be helpful to be able to export from the Tasks field. Specifically, completed tasks, in order to get the notes in a spreadsheet that we can merge with our activity reports.
    I'm not sure if there is a notes field in All My Tasks, but it would be helpful to have one and also…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great to get an email when check approval has been done by the approval so the person who prints/posts the payments would know it was time to continue the process.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Past users sometimes create Opportunity/Note/Task types that are no longer useful to current staff. Please create an option to make those types "Inactive" rather than simply deleting them - we may want to keep the historic data in CSuite, but NOT on the Drop down list. It would help to clean things up and streamline categories.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In other DBs I’ve used there is a way to export a complete donor/prospect profile report that lists all information in the person’s record (contact info, prospect ratings, relationships, giving, granting (is applicable), notes, etc. in an exportable report – preferably into Word or a PDF. This is very useful for us to use as a working doc in a prospect meeting. (Perhaps I’m just to old school, but paper one can make notes on is still very helpful.)

Another VERY helpful element would be the ability for Foundant to pull in fields from one of the major prospect research…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How cool would it be if you could add a sticky note/flag to a portal log in (kind of like you can do with sticky notes in CSuite). I don't mean an attached file. I mean more like a flag that appears only for selected portal logins that tells that specific portal user something special.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now, there are two ways to support a project listed in the Grant Catalog - one with a credit/debit card, the other by making a grant recommendation in the donor portal. It would be helpful if there was a webpage that showed both options on one single page. Right now, you have to visit two different webpages depending on how you want to support the project. Combining these options into one page could make for a better user experience. Thanks for your consideration!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I know a recent update has allowed all contributor names to be anonymized, with a single checkbox in System Data, when they appear in the Donor Portal. It has been our practice to reveal contributor names and contact information to fundholders but NOT the amount of the gifts. In this way, our fundholders have an opportunity to mail their own personal thank yous to those who contribute to their fund.

I know contributor amounts can be hidden via a fund-by-fund checkbox, but for our organization, with ~1200 funds, this is a large task to undertake. Could a single checkbox choice…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Tasks feature in CSuite is a great feature, but it would be even more effective if we had the option to view our current tasks after logging in, rather than seeing the Home Page. This would automatically prompt users to review everything on their current To-Do list rather than having to remember to review tasks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When donors submit a recurring grant through the portal, the request itself is listed in their grant history, in addition to each grant distribution. If we enter the recurring grant through CSuite, they do not see any indication that the grant is recurring in the donor portal.

We would love for donors to see a similar record when we create a recurring grant to when they submit a recurring request, indicating that we have entered the grant as recurring, with the amount, frequency, and start date, as well as max recurrences.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have had Fund Advisors using the portal request the ability to see an existing grantees address when requesting a new grant to know if they need to update the mailing address. They also would like to add a "Contact Name".

Could you add a drop down allowing them to select the grantees address (from existing profile addresses) once you select the organization and/or add a new one if applicable?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I really miss the quick voucher option on the bank reconciliation. Couldn't there have been a way to adjust the permissions for those who had concerns about this? For interest and bank fees, I now have to go through a longer voucher process which, for us, has no additional controls than the quick voucher did. Can you bring it back?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be helpful if the "phone" field in the grant request section of the donor portal was not required, similar to "email." Donor advisors are unable to enter a grant for a new organization if they don't have a phone number of if the donor advisor doesn't know the phone number.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think you guys talked about working with Google Data Studio for data visualization. What happened to that?

I've been exporting data from Csuite into Data Studio, but having live data exchange would be great.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Salutation/mailing label areas of Profile set to auto fill. When entering a profile, it would be helpful to have these auto fill rather than entering each time. Then they could be overridden based on if the profile needs a change. Such as instead of Mr. and Mrs. Jones, override to Bill and Mary.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profiles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We just realized that when we pull fund statements, the grantee for internal grants is listed as our Foundation rather than the destination funds. We want the donors to know their grants went into the correct funds, so we'll have to hand write the destination funds on all the paper statements. It would be great if fund statements could name the destination funds for internal grants.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?