GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Scholarship Declined by Student

I'd like to see an option "declined by student" available after the scholarship has gone to the approval bin. We've had students that end up being offered full tuition from a school for athletics or academics & they no longer need our scholarship(s). We have a paper form that we've used in the past for students to complete, but I'd like to see an option to mark a request as "denied by student" and then we can have a follow-up or a place to attach the information we collect in the form.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. email batch to primary contacts

I vote for batch email support of primary contacts. These are key people we communicate with in addition to the associated applicants. Please add.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Additional contacts

Got a great idea from one of my grantees in their eval today:
    "While it was easy for me to acquire login information from your organization, it might be easier on you to have people create their own account and then choose their organization from a drop down box. It would save you from always having to create accounts."
    So think about that as an option!
    Meanwhile - I have to go merge two people from the same school district because someone didn;t contact me and I thought I had the duplicate id warning set up,

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom merge fields for email templates

Custom merge fields for email templates: If possible, it would be great to customize which merge fields are able to be pulled into email templates (have more options than what is currently available).

For example: I have a "special conditions" question in my Approval Form and Follow Up Form, that gives instructions for how a grant is to be used. I cannot have that "special conditions" questions used in an email template since it is not one of the merge fields available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customize Role Permissions

Ideally, the permissions available for each role would have a default set of permissions, but these would be customizable. For example, we would like external evaluators to have access to the applicant's request history. This could be accomplished by allowing us to turn on this permission to the Staff Evaluator role or turn off undesirable permissions in the Board Member role. Our external reviewers should not be able to view all staff evaluator and board member scores. They score anonymously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show only closed evaluations to which user is/was assigned

Currently, any user with Board Member level access can see ALL closed evaluations and it causes confusion. It would be helpful if that tab showed ONLY the closed evaluations to which a user is or was assigned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable application editing after submission

Often in the middle of an evaluation or even if there was a significant change to a grant after it was approved, we will want to allow the applicant to revise their application. As of now, we have to save the evaluation form and then copy and paste it back over if the evaluator already started their evaluation. If there was a way to enable the applicant to edit the application even when it's in evaluation assigned phase or in follow-up draft phase, that would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. chat box

It would be so helpful if the chat box could be moved around the screen (to reveal what's behind it, if needed). It would also be nice if it would remain open when working in the site, while on a chat. Currently, if the support person suggests "click..." the chat box disappears when I do that. Then I have to go back in and open it up to continue the chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow removal of evaluation scores for one evaluator

Allow for one evaluators scores to be removed so they are excluded from all reports without reverting the status of all evaluators. This is often needed when an evaluator has either not finished their scoring or they entered scores for an applicant and then realized they have a conflict of interest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SLM - Listing of Evaluation Committees and Members.

In SLM it would be nice to pull a report or print from screen a list of all the evaluation committees and the members on each committee.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow all organization contacts to view primary contact

We use the primary contact to denote the person who will receive grant letters/agreements at an organization. This person is typically the President/CEO or another officer and doesn't have an actual login. However, since grantees are unable to view their organization's primary contact they are unable to let us know when that person has left the organization and information needs to be updated.

A feature exists where applicants can view other requests AND other contacts at the organization. However, we don’t want applicants to be able to view other requests even if it’s from the same organization - we only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mx option

Wondering if you all have considered adding Mx. as an option along with Mr., Ms., Mrs. for individuals who may be gender-nonconforming?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Application Sections Collapsed for Admin Upon Opening

It would save me a lot of time if the application opened with the various sections closed so that I could navigate to the desired section more quickly. This would be from any workload page from within the request summary. I've circled the collapsed section in my example. I'd like all of them to be collapsed upon opening the application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Side by side questions in application

I think it would be nice to be able to drop questions next to each other in the processes. Right now, you can only order the like a list, but I think it would be advantageous to allow rearranging like that. Maybe like have a two column format instead of one column. I would love this to help make shorter looking applications and forms while still pulling the info. This could also possible be used to collect project budget info without having a super long group, visually.

going from
    Q1
    Q2
    Q3
    Q4

to formatting like
    Q1
    Q2. Q3
    Q4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editing A Form: see symbol for read only questions

When creating a form or application, we currently have to click into each question individually to see if it is set to read-only. Could we get a signifier added on the form so that we do not have to click into the question to confirm this? (i.e. to work like the questions now show Administrator or Applicant can view the question)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. rich text comments tab

Comments Tab: Add Rich Text Editor abilities INCLUDING URLs (hyperlinks)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Amending Grants (Increasing Award Amount) with New Decision Date

We recently approved an additional amount for a particular project on top of the amount that was initially approved last fiscal year. Since the new amount was approved on a different date (this fiscal year), we needed to have an accurate decision date for that amount vs. using the original award date so unfortunately we weren’t able to just add new installment(s) to the existing request like we were hoping.

In order for our records/reports to be accurate with decision date ranges (e.g. a particular fiscal year) and amounts approved during that range, I had to manually enter another request…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Limit the WalkMe training options to those tasks available to the user's assigned role

The WalkMe training is great but it assumes full administrator access. Most of our trainees are grants managers. This causes a mismatch between what the training is walking them through and what the trainee sees on the screen.

Current situation: Trainees see tasks in WalkMe that they are restricted from using based on role.

Desired situation: WalkMe training only shows modules that correspond with the available activities based on role

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search user profiles by date added

And organizations too, we feel this would be very useful to have especially for applicant profiles. There have been times where we wanted to see if any new profiles were created within the past two weeks, or since we put out a specific communications piece about our grant program. If they make a profile but don't start a draft, it's hard to find.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)