GLM & SLM Idea Lab

1. Ability to clear or reset evaluation forms

Evaluators should be able to clear/reset an answer on a ranking question if they accidentally answer a question they didn't intend to. Also, this would make it possible to entirely eliminate an evaluator if something happens and they quit evaluating partway through a process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select default role

It would be useful if you could select the default role for users who are both evaluators and admin/grants managers. Currently the system defaults to grants manager, so users who are primarily evaluators have to change their role each time they log in to evaluate applications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Messages

Can we have reply's from emails we've sent from Foundant return to the Administrator (or user) that sent it in a "Messages" portal in our account?

As a company administrator, it's hard for us to track communications if the only message tracked in Foundant is the initial email that we sent. All replies (from the grantee) and staff responses are in their personal email accounts and this can be troublesome for maintaining proper file retention policies.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Numbers of documents to show on organization level

It would be helpful to have numbers show up on the Documents and Comments tab at the Organization level to indicate that something is uploaded/added there, as they do at the Request level. Most of the time, we add comments or documents to the request level, but when an organization is in between grant cycles, I add it at the organization level and don't want important information to be missed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. GLM/Foundant Accessibility for People Using Screen Readers

We received some good feedback from an applicant: "Due to a small staff and the Director's use of screen reader technology, web forms are often inaccessible and paperwork is very slow-moving. The Opportunity Fund's application and website is more navigable than other foundations but still required many hours of oversight and coordination to receive assistance from board members and staff throughout the process."

I would love to know how/if Foundant is working toward making sure it's products are incorporating web accessibility principles so that a person using screen reader technology could apply for a grant and take care of other…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. UA Evaluation Sharing

Currently, it is possible to click "Share" on a stand alone scholarship process so that evaluators can see each other's scoring per student, however that function is not available in the universal application. We have over 140 scholarships, and our evaluators appreciate being able to see each other's scoring to make sure the evaluation committee is on the same page. Can this functionality be added to the UA as well?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Top/Bottom buttons on all views, regardless of how we get to the view.

I love the Top/Bottom buttons when I am reviewing applications from the Submitted folder. It would be great go have these buttons even when I click into the application from the project itself.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Eligibility-minimize rules for easy scrolling.

In the eligibility section on the UA, it would be helpful if we could minimize each rule group so that we can easily find the rule group that needs work. Some of our scholarships have a lot of rules, so a minimize feature would be great. An alphabetize feature would be helpful too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allowing a user to be a contact on more than one organization profile.

Allow a user to be a contact on more than one organization profile without having the need for a different or unique email for each account.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make evaluated applications viewable to all evaluators

It would be helpful to permit all Evaluators view all evaluated applications when an evaluation process closes. Our Evaluators need to read all of the applications prior to a meeting, and since they cannot be assigned the "Board" member role they need to be able to read all applications prior to discussion. Currently I am downloading all applications to a Google Drive so they can read them, which is a lengthy extra step.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SLM

I would love to see the SLM eligibility rules listed alphabetical as well as the scholarship list after testing the eligibility rules. It would be so much easier to find and less time wasted searching.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Customize file download name

When using a merge template to create word or PDF documents, it would be really helpful id the file name included the organization name or project name. For example, when having to download multiple PDF applications individually (from the Request & Decisions page), the file name used for all is the name of the merge template file. I then have to go back and rename each application form which is very cumbersome.

Hopefully, this is an easy fix:)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How come there is not a Scholarship Lifecycle Manager Idea Lab?

Not only do we need an SLM Idea Lab but my Evaluators would like to see the details of the scholarships, and they can't! Nowhere on their Dashboard are they able to see the short description of the Scholarships that they will be reading for. They can only access via our Compendium. Let's get on that!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

we are in the process of continue to evaluate our idea lab strategy. While we may not roll out a full SLM idea lab we may allow for tagging and group in the existing idea as there is some functionality overlap between GLM and SLM. More to come!

WIth that said i assume in this idea the information is living in the opportunity description for UA users and Process Description for non UA users is this correct?

14. Hardcode an additional clickable hyperlink on the Org Summary page

Currently, the only clickable hyperlink hardcoded on the Org Summary page is the "Website" field. Our foundation would like to request that there be an additional clickable hyperlink field hardcoded on the Org Summary page. This will increase efficiency by eliminating the extra step in having to click the "Globe" icon to navigate to a link.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Docusign integration

As a result of COVID19, we have decided to use Docusign to get our Grant Agreements signed and returned to us. I notice other systems have an integration with Docusign. Is this on the radar for Foundant?

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Thank you for this feedback. Curious to understand if there are other use case for DocuSign with GLM/SLM rather than Grant Agreements.

I also assume that when we talk about this integration we would want to be able to generate the DocuSign document with in the system, and then let docusign control all of the emails/reminder, and the final piece would be that signed document is visible in this system.

Let me know your thoughts.
    -Sammie

16. Project Name - Option to Have Drop Down choices? Or, Internal Field for Project Name Allow to Mark as Complete

In an effort to streamline applications, we have had the Project Name field as Internal so we could input the words "General Support" as we evaluate -since we are now only offering general support awards within one of our processes.
    Previously, we tried to tell folks to write in General Support, but applicants would sometimes have other ideas.

Now, when processing the hundreds of LOIs (with the Project Name field set as Internal) these cannot be processed to Mark as Complete without going in to change all the Project Name fields to General Support. That's a big ask when I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SLM communicating to students

New to SLM and very happy with it. Any chance that while we email to students (who now don't check emails anymore) do we have the technology to email and/or text. I know some other software has this ability and I hope Foundant has too?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sharing uploaded documents

It would be a real help to have documents uploaded at the LOI stage shared to the application and then evaluation stages. Right now we have to ask grantees to upload some in the LOI and then again those same documents in the application then share the application screen in the evaluation stage to be able to see them all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Blocking new requests when past follow ups are not yet completed

Blocking new LOI submissions when past follow ups are not completed.
    It would be very helpful if grantees cannot submit or even open a new LOI or application without having all their previous follow ups submitted as is the case within a process, just not across processes in different years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Upload Questions as Shared Questions

I suggest that file upload questions be allowed to be shared questions. We have a question in our qualification that requires the upload of an applicant's financial statement if they do not file a 990. Unfortunately, because a file upload question cannot presently be a shared question, we either have to look back at the qualification when reviewing such an applicant's LOI and application, or request that they upload the financial statement again with the LOI and the application. It seems that allowing a file upload question to be a shared question will save time all around.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base