GLM & SLM Idea Lab

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

84 results found

1. We are a scholarship organization and fund students for four years of undergraduate study. We contact them at least three times per year via your email system, and the students don't respond very well to emails anymore. Local high schools have said, "Why don't you use REMIND.COM or the like - just text your scholarship recipients instead of email reminders." We collect our students mobile phone numbers - can you incorporate a text reminder program into your software processes? Thanks, Jim K. - keep up your good work!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As mentioned previously by Angie in this suggestion (http://idealab.foundant.com/forums/339786-glm-idea-lab/suggestions/12344550-print-packet-option-by-save-and-submit-buttons), applicants aren't really using the print packet option to check for file upload errors or for changes in the text (which sometimes occur after pasting in and saving the application). I like Angie's idea of a button, or possibly a popup reminder ("Are you ready to submit - have you looked at the print packet to see if there were any errors in text or uploads?"). Either way, maybe "Preview" or "Preview Application" would make more sense than "Print Packet" to the applicant.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Wouldn't it be great if Evaluators were not only notified that an LOI had been assigned to them, but then they received automated reminders that the deadline to respond was approaching - like Bill Pay Reminders! If I were the Evaluator I would be notified that an LOI had been assigned to me and then notified that it was 10 days, 15 days, 20 days without a response. Of course, you'd have the option to turn it on or off and selected when you'd like the reminders, depending on the process. A bit like how the Applicant is notified when…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback Needed  ·  5 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create an "add to calendar?" option for any due date (app/follow up forms, etc) whether from the dashboard or within an automatic email. This would be really helpful for applicants who are managing multiple grant processes that are in several stages.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to filter email history by Process.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if we could either save a draft of an email to an individual or schedule emails to go out at a certain time.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would love it if, when sending an email that's in a template, there was a way to choose a pre-uploaded signature (even if it was plain text). Right now whichever progam officer is sending the email has to go into their outlook email and copy/paste their signature into the email. Is there a way there could be a dropdown menu (or something similar) so that users with admin status could choose a their signature?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm hoping there is a way our foundation can copy collaborators in email communications and send them auto-generated emails for a request within GLM. Just as there is the option to CC/Copy a primary contact, It would be GREAT to have that same checkbox for CC/Copy collaborators. So many of our organizations use grant writers who are not affiliated with their organization to submit proposals and we need our communications to go to them!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I would like to be able to add additional contacts to a request, without assigning them a password to log in. We use the cc/bc option a lot in our letters and the only way I can see to add these additional contacts requires me creating them, which them prompts the assignment of a password and them subsequently receiving an email about their account creation. Can there be a way to just add additional contacts that we can choose to merge with documents when we create them?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have a number of GLM email templates and sometimes it is quite confusing to choose the correct one, especially if sending out numerous emails. There are two ways that possibly it would be easier to distinguish among the numerous templates. One being, being able to assign templates to folders, so the list is smaller. Secondly, to make the background colour of each of the shaded templates darker or a different colour, so when scrolled over it is more apparent what is being chosen.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We had a lot of problems this year with 3rd party individuals being confused by the fact they received an email from the student and an email from us for the same request. Is there some way to streamline things so that the 3rd party recipient would only receive one email? I would prefer our template email to the student's email, as they often don't include all or the correct information. Or maybe possible to add the students email wording to the start of the auto-generated email? It became even more confusing for students who were requesting documents for multiple…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback Needed  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have matching grants as part of a Foundant process, and we send the match payment after we receive the final report Follow-up. It would be nice to have the system automatically generate a notification to our grants manager when the Program Officers have marked the follow-up as complete.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is there a plan to capture email replies from a system generated email in email history for an organization?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be really handy if we could insert a hyperlink in an email to allow an applicant to be taken directly to their sign on page from the email. Example, if an automatic email goes out that an LOI has been approved and they can now go in to complete an application, it would be nice if they could access that link to the sign on page directly from the email.

Thanks.

Lynn Larson - Allegretti Foundation

posted February 1, 2012 by Lynn Larson, Fred and Jean Allegretti Foundation

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be helpful to have the option to add another "after Due Date" automatic email to Follow-ups. Right now only "To Assignee 7 days after Due Date" is available and we'd like a "To Assignee 14 days after Due Date" as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be very helpful if I could print out sent emails from the GMS. My workaround is to copy myself on my email templates but I'd like the ability to go and print out any sent emails, as needed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For grant agreement forms, we often need an institution official to agree to the IP language or grant acceptance form. We usually have the applicant enter in a 3rd party email to complete this, but then have to rely on the applicant to also send them the document they are agreeing to. It would be helpful to have that 3rd party be able to view the request document like the applicant can.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's hard to tell which follows ups we have reviewed and which ones we haven't. It would be nice if the follow ups had a read/unread status- like emails- or if there was an additional bucket on the dashboard (additional status) for follow ups that have been reviewed. Note that we don't send follow ups back to the applicants because we don't want to have to review it twice. Adding the missing document is much easier. This applies to applications as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I recently went into an organization's email history to look at an award notification, the original of which included an attachment, but the historical copy made no reference to an attachment. It would be helpful if historical emails referenced document(s) that may have been attached.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice to be able to archive follow-up forms that we no longer use for various reasons as we can now archive processes and email templates.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?